[APP] [2.3+] WakeUp: Activate the screen without using the Power Button

Search This thread

cb56

Jan 6, 2011
WakeUp 1.4 has been published

Improvements:
  • Introduced a 2 second delay before having to lock the screen from the proximity sensor (to avoid accidental screen lock)

Market Link: WakeUp Free

First Post Updated with free version.

cb56

Reactions: bunbury

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I have the option set to stop monitoring at 8 hours (max), but it seems to stop at random times. When this occurs, I open the app and the "enable monitoring" (big green button) is present. I expected that by extending the stop to the max setting that it would stay on indefinitely, but I must be misunderstanding the options.

bassbox

Feb 27, 2009
Waking up works fine on my stock Nexus 4. But i wont go to sleep neither in my pocket nor lying on my desk..

shujin51

Nov 8, 2013
When i unlock the screen and put it pack into sleep, then it will not continue to monitor my device anymore. Furthermore, when I enable "monitoring when unlocked" then it will put my device into sleep when i put it down. But i dun want that to happen while unlocked because sometimes i dont want to pick up my device but let it lay on the table. An additional option to deactivate that would be nice or just fix for the turn off monitoring. Im using a oneplus one btw.

mash4077fan

Jan 17, 2013
Lake Holiday
i tried this app and it works pretty good but only for a short time, are you limited to how many times it will work. like it stops working. does the pro version work better

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WakeUp

With this App you can activate the screen without using the Power Button.

Review on XDA portal

1.2 Review on XDA portal

The screen turns off and the monitoring is activated when you use the Widget to lock the screen or put the device on a horizontal surface, such as the office desk; the screen turns on automatically when you lift and tilt the device towards you.

There is also an option to lock the screen when you put your phone in your pocket; in this case the screen turns on automatically when you tilt the device forward.

It's also possible to automatically activate the monitoring when the screen turns off after the time set in system options or when you turn off the screen with the Power Button.

T2Hh18M0
    kU3D2Vgv
    so6MzHiD

The application uses a little battery while monitoring because it prevents the device from going to sleep; you can then set how long it will be monitoring the movement of the device: the convenience comes at a cost!

To uninstall the app you need to disable the Device Administrator.

Market Link: WakeUp free

cb56
    @kingofjail: thanks
    @krishneelg3: thanks

morfances said:
    Tested on Glaxy Nexus (maguro) but crashes abnormally

Sorry!

@sunnylovesalman: thanks

@Neelesh Pai: thanks
    @MrGKanev: thanks

@ngakan.made: thanks

@kicikk said:
    wtf! I installed it and it blocked my phone. When i pick up the phone it keeps vibrating and the screen turns on and off like crazy. I can't do anything with my phone because when i unlock it, the screen immediately turns off.
    I put the phone for 10 minutes unattended and it calmed down, so i had time to stop and remove this.
    Sorry!

toni1337 said:
    Nice is there a pro version ?
    Yes, click on the PRO Icon
    @CAL7: thanks

@sameerm02: thanks
    @adyjob: thanks

@mrjraider: thanks

Sir_gpm said:
    Apart of working as it should, does anyone test the power consumption of this app?. I love the idea but afraid of my battery drain.

In 8 hours of use with Automatically Monitoring Enabled, I had a consumption of about 10% more (Samsung Galaxy Note 3); I think it is acceptable to have this comfort.

abhirulz94 said:
    Nice!! thought the app icon can be better!

Thanks, I will do it in the next version

kasper_h said:
    I really like the idea of this app, testing it ATM (curious about battery drain).

An idea I had was the option to have an option to keep the sensors active while charging (I don't care too much about battery drain while charging and often pickup my phone during the charging).

Thanks, I will do it in the next version

cb56
    WakeUp 1.2 has been published

This is a major release

1.2 Review on XDA portal

News:

• Added Option: "Monitoring also when the screen is unlocked"
    • Added Option: "Use Proximity Sensor" to Lock the screen when the device is in your pocket
    • Added Option: "Upright Position Management"
    • Monitoring is suspended when in call
    • Added "Tap to Stop Monitoring" in notification
    • Added "Tap to open App" in notification

Improvements:
    • Ui improvements
    • Widget improved
    • Small icon size
    • Automatically monitoring is no more automatically started when the App starts

Market Link: WakeUp Free

First Post Updated with free version.

cb56
    I'm currently using an app called Gravity Screen which seems to function much the same.
    The program is working fine but if you use the security -"screen lock" and use" Automatically lock" 5 minutes after sleep even with Power button instantly locks unchecked in KK, the 5 minutes delay is not applied on the password lock, and you have to reenter the Pin or pattern at every wake up
    Maybe there is a way to do it but I did not find it

I don't think it is possible to bypass the lock screen security.

I tried to implement it in my app Magus - many times and it led to many solutions but noone was satisfying.

Secured screen is secured and you cannot unlock it programatically.

Unlocking secured lockscreens works only with old Androids... prior to 3.0 I suppose - I have implemented it as a LockScreen Hack in Magus.

Good luck!