[Q] how to root 2.3.4 ? on xperia arc s

Search This thread

justkiddinghere

Jun 8, 2011
new delhi
i found many solutions nd tried but none works for me

m having 2.3.4 (4.0.2.a.0.62) :eek:

i read few written there that have to change GB firmware to 2.3.3 then root i didnt understand tht rooting should be easy in every firmware :)

any other method n i have locked bootloader :(

zolaisugly

Mar 2, 2011
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
If you got .62/69 you will not be able to root using doomLord's zergrush method.

You have 2 options

1 using flashtools downgrade to .42 then root using zergrush then update over the air to latest version this will keep root. Only do this if bootloader Is locked as it will brick your phone.

2 unlock bootloader then install a custom kernel that is pre rooted.

if you search on the stickies all answers are there. Both in general and dev sections

Sent from my LT18i using XDA App

Reactions: justkiddinghere

i read few written there that have to change GB firmware to 2.3.3 then root i didnt understand tht rooting should be easy in every firmware :)

You mentioned that you have tried many solutions but none worked for you. It would be helpful if you specify which ones it is that you tried and did not work so people don't waste your time or theirs by suggesting the same methods to you again.

Anyway, rooting with recovery has sofar always worked for me. Search the forums for "bin4ry" and "rootxperia"

I also upgraded with the official ICS but soon went back to 4.0.2.A.0.62 for one simple reason. I could not sync my calendar directly with Outlook using MyPhoneExplorer as the local calendar on the phone is just not visible. I dont want to have my calendar entries on Google Calendar so I reverted back to .62 and rooted again with "Root with recoveryLT15i". There is no need to go to .42

Check out the following threads for what to do.

Root with recoveryLT15i 4.0.2.A.0.42

ARC/ARC S (ROOT.FTF&.IMG)4.1.A.0.562 ICS+Flashtool+Ringtones+Other

Ultimate v1.0 Newbie's Guide For Arc / Arc S User |Compilation Of Guides! And Tweaks~

Reactions: justkiddinghere

justkiddinghere

Jun 8, 2011
new delhi
You mentioned that you have tried many solutions but none worked for you. It would be helpful if you specify which ones it is that you tried and did not work so people don't waste your time or theirs by suggesting the same methods to you again.

Anyway, rooting with recovery has sofar always worked for me. Search the forums for "bin4ry" and "rootxperia"

I also upgraded with the official ICS but soon went back to 4.0.2.A.0.62 for one simple reason. I could not sync my calendar directly with Outlook using MyPhoneExplorer as the local calendar on the phone is just not visible. I dont want to have my calendar entries on Google Calendar so I reverted back to .62 and rooted again with "Root with recoveryLT15i". There is no need to go to .42

Ultimate v1.0 Newbie's Guide For Arc / Arc S User |Compilation Of Guides! And Tweaks~

I tried almost all method present here bt i cant beleve none cant root. 62 firmware thts why posted que here
Tried all rooting tools etc just dont want to change firmware thts why posted
Nv i have unlocked my bootloder n flashed cm7.2 its awsm i blv in many threads it is well said tht u need to move to. 42 firmware to root. 62 cnt b rooted

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you got .62/69 you will not be able to root using doomLord's zergrush method.

You have 2 options

1 using flashtools downgrade to .42 then root using zergrush then update over the air to latest version this will keep root. Only do this if bootloader Is locked as it will brick your phone.

2 unlock bootloader then install a custom kernel that is pre rooted.

if you search on the stickies all answers are there. Both in general and dev sections

Sent from my LT18i using XDA App