[SOLVED] Completely stuck at bootloader. Need AMD USB 3.0 drivers for win8.1

Search This thread

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
I just got a new laptop with 8.1 loaded on it... tried to flash a rom and it didnt go well.. bootlooping at the bootloader. computer wont recognize the phone, doesnt say fastboot usb. ive downloaded every possible driver i could find for 2 days and nothing...

basically ive narrowed it down to needing the amd usb host drivers for win 8.1 and i cant find em or a solution anywhere.

No i cant use another computer.

please please help, im totally screwed.

Last edited:

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
You can try this http://www.droid-now.com/2013/10/fix-working-fastboot-drivers-windows-8-1-x64/
Or use a pc that is not Win 8.1
The good news is if you can get your hboot updated to 1.55 your phone will be recognized in fastboot. :D

thanks.. havent checked the link yet... wouldnt i need fastboot to get the hboot? haha catch 22

edit... checked that link.... must have seen it 10 times now... i dont understand, can i somehow use the intel drivers with my amd?

think im gunna dual boot ubuntu and see where that takes me... ugh

Last edited:

jblaze10

Mar 23, 2012
Gold Canyon,Az
Google Pixel 4
thatd be great but i live on a tiny island in the caribbean.. theres no one around me with a computer, honestly... theres not even a sprint store on the island!
never thought I would feel bad for someone on a Caribbean island, haha. hope you get it running, I just installed 8.1 and used the rumrunner modified 1.55 hboot and everything is fine, good luck!

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
never thought I would feel bad for someone on a Caribbean island, haha. hope you get it running, I just installed 8.1 and used the rumrunner modified 1.55 hboot and everything is fine, good luck!

yeah yeah... paradise and all...except it sucks when i cant communicate with anyone.. OK SO UPDATE

after totally crashing my boot partitions trying to dual boot 8.1 & linux, I atttained dual boot... ugh was rough.. came to me in the middle of the night and i just hit 3 keys and bam, dual boot... ok

YES thanks to linux i was able to push a new recovery on as well as a new ROM!! yayyyyyyy not so much.

NOW.. i have a rom running but i have no firmware, radio, nothing.. In my quest to put a firmware on i have achieved S-OFF.. (I also used rumrunner, but my hboot remains 1.44?) and flashed what looked like working radio stuff, but nope. Should i be trying all this with a Sense ROM? Im on SlimKat atm. Thats my only idea now.. i've flashed firmwares out the wazoo and nothing gives me those lovely service bars... just an empty triangle... Any Thoughts? really dont want to download a 900meg rom.

thanks!!! :confused:

Last edited:

jblaze10

Mar 23, 2012
Gold Canyon,Az
Google Pixel 4
U may have to ruu. Also rumrunner is for 1.55 hboot so I really don't know if it would work. Revone and moonshine are for 1.44 check bd19 faq thread or pm him if he isn't busy he will gst u on the right path!:thumbup:

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
Use OMJ's stock rooted ROM. But if you just need firmware and you have S-off, flash the firmware set from OMJ's RUU thread in fastboot . Instructions are there in the thread.

If you need help, just ask. That should get you going. Also, you can flash the firmware package that does not include hboot, recovery and boot. It's on the thread as well.

OMJ thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576995

Last edited:

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
Use OMJ's stock rooted ROM. But if you just need firmware and you have S-off, flash the firmware set from OMJ's RUU thread in fastboot . Instructions are there in the thread.

If you need help, just ask. That should get you going. Also, you can flash the firmware package that does not include hboot, recovery and boot. It's on the thread as well.

OMJ thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576995

thanks for the tip...
i tried it, as per the instructions.. it went along as though is was working, but upon reboot, still an empty triangle.... baseband "unknown"

could it be something as mundane as me using an aosp rom and not a sense? looks like im facing the 1 gig RUU download... ugh

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
The ROM has nothing to do with the firmware. You are not getting flashed if your radio shows unknown.

Are you entering fastboot oem and then flashing the firmware set?

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
The ROM has nothing to do with the firmware. You are not getting flashed if your radio shows unknown.

Are you entering fastboot oem and then flashing the firmware set?

oh yes, absolutely.

fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait should i still lock the bootloader before trying this?

fastboot oem lock?

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
No. No need to lock. You should be getting a radio version if you followed the few instructions in the thread for 'flashing modified firmware.' If you are really S-off, that should work.

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
No. No need to lock. You should be getting a radio version if you followed the few instructions in the thread for 'flashing modified firmware.' If you are really S-off, that should work.

well rumrunner says i am s-off.. but these radio/firmware flashes dont take.... bootloader says, tampered, unlocked, s-off, hboot 1.44.

i just dont get it... well cheers to my impending 2 day download... UGH!

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
well rumrunner says i am s-off.. but these radio/firmware flashes dont take.... bootloader says, tampered, unlocked, s-off, hboot 1.44.

i just dont get it... well cheers to my impending 2 day download... UGH!
Which firmware are you trying to flash? Give us a link.
I would suggest flashing the Full Firmware 3.04.651.2 found HERE
It should give you a fresh flash of the firmware as well as update your hboot to 1.55 which in turn will make your device recognized in fastboot with Windows 8.1

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
ok now im going crazy

i downloaded the RUU from that thread above and ran it... says that usb is not connected. I verified that it is by running adb devices and it lists my phone... fastboot reboot works,,, for some reason the RUU thinks its not connected?!?!?!

im pulling my hair out

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
I believe you are on Windows 8.x, from previous notes. You need to upgrade hboot as BD noted above, which means flash the full firmware package from the links we gave so you get hboot upgraded. I'd use your Ubuntu install for that, but no matter, your choice if you know Windows is working.

But if that works, I seriously think you can blow off the RUU and load a ROM at that point. I would also look at checking things out with the LTE app from the play store once your radio is up, but be very careful with that app and only change the cdma/gsm/whatever selection option.

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
I believe you are on Windows 8.x, from previous notes. You need to upgrade hboot as BD noted above, which means flash the full firmware package from the links we gave so you get hboot upgraded. I'd use your Ubuntu install for that, but no matter, your choice if you know Windows is working.

But if that works, I seriously think you can blow off the RUU and load a ROM at that point. I would also look at checking things out with the LTE app from the play store once your radio is up, but be very careful with that app and only change the cdma/gsm/whatever selection option.

right on, thanks... yeah im at hboot 1.55 now. So yeah im gunna grab a sense rom. wish me luck, havent had a phone for 4 days now

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
NOWWWW the sense rom im installing (Android Revolution 41.0) bootloops during the animation..
tried to reinstall the rom i was on that was working just no radio (SlimBean) and now that almost boots up then bootloops.... I swear this is torture.

Top Liked Posts