[Q] How does the Fire TV tell if an app is "supported"?

Search This thread

akelty

Feb 15, 2010
Lexington, KY
Just installed XBMC on my Fire TV last night and am loving it. The only issue I have is that it doesn't show up in the app menu. Does anybody know how the Fire TV differentiates between supported and unsupported apps? My ultimate goal would be to modify the XBMC apk to add whatever flag needs to be there to make it a supported app.

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
Just installed XBMC on my Fire TV last night and am loving it. The only issue I have is that it doesn't show up in the app menu. Does anybody know how the Fire TV differentiates between supported and unsupported apps? My ultimate goal would be to modify the XBMC apk to add whatever flag needs to be there to make it a supported app.

I think one person said that the apps have to cache the apps icon in a certain directory. I don;t remember which forum is was but someone was getting them to show up by copying the icon or something.

akelty

Feb 15, 2010
Lexington, KY
I think one person said that the apps have to cache the apps icon in a certain directory. I don;t remember which forum is was but someone was getting them to show up by copying the icon or something.

I saw on the XBMC forum where you can modify the splash screen by pushing a custom .png, but nothing on app icons. Is that what you're thinking of?

EDIT: For those interested in the custom splash screen - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=191109&pid=1676162&highlight=splash+screen#pid1676162

Last edited:

sadboyzz

Oct 10, 2013
Most likely you'll have to get your app cryptographically signed by Amazon

Reactions: akelty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most likely you'll have to get your app cryptographically signed by Amazon