Opera Mobile Beta released!

Search This thread

tonyb81

May 28, 2010
I dig its speed, but I do not dig its rendering lag when using pinch to zoom.

walord

Sep 4, 2010
Works pretty well. Rendering is noticeably better than the mini version.

jjsoviet

Aug 29, 2010
Gosh, it's quick and stable for a beta. However, the rendered images are a bit compressed. Why is that?

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

You can find all information on the official thread here

om-android-launch.png

neversaynever

Oct 27, 2010
Another link : eurodroid.com/Opera_Mobile_10.1_beta.apk in case the official one gets closed down or you don't have access to Market.

Spl4tt

finally =D
this could probably be the point why i change to android now.
the opera mobile browser was always the best i found, not only fast in browsing, its even fast to handle, i mean, tab switching is so easy and fast, so much faster than on standard android browser, and i dont need pinch to zoom, cause opera mobile on winmo got so awsome one tap, double tab zoom...
i hope the android version will be like that too :)))
gonna use it today..

ravi84m

Jun 17, 2010
Venlo
Bad

stock browser is faster, renders better, supports flash, and DOES display non-latin fonts.
this one feels like the firefox beta... unstable and not for everyday use. hope the final is better i had huge expectation from the GPU acceleration support in opera.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
wow am disappointed.

Was looking forward to this since I like syncing my desktop links with my mobile rowser and the availability of organizing bookmarks into folders.

But on first pass, this thing is VERY beta. Images would not load, pages loaded slower than the stock browser and it just felt buggy overall. Feels more like an alpha release than beta. Hope they can improve it.