[ROM] [APP] Odin 1.81 + stock GRH78 firmware

Search This thread

plvt_florian

May 11, 2008
just got my hands on odin for i9020 {Odin3 v1[1].81} and grh78 stock firmware . can i post download link here? i have personaly tested and i may say it recovers the phone to stock like it never been used. the guy ho give to me works at samsung service centre from England. any admin can alow me to post the download link?
GRH78
ROM + ODIN 1.81 only
NOTE: You'll need a 301K USB resistor to make it boot into Download Mode, to make sure of Odin

more details in this original topic

[HOWTO] [REF] Get Download Mode without 3-button combo using homemade JIG

-------------------------------------------------------
I have tested the below files and is not compatible with gt-i9020 . is only compatible with gt-i9023. so do not try it on i9020 the gri54.i will upload tomorow the files needet for i9020.
GRI54

Here is GRI54 files for I9023 with the needed odin.exe

I have not tested this with my i9020 but people on this forum say that it should be ok.

Last edited:

NVMENOR

Nov 10, 2010
Odin + fastboot!!!!!!, now the nexus s will be even harder to brick, excellent news.

shrooms90

Oct 16, 2010
Buchs SG
just got my hands on odin for i9020 {Odin3 v1[1].81} and grh78 stock firmware . can i post download link here? i have personaly tested and i may say it recovers the phone to stock like it never been used. the guy ho give to me works at samsung service centre from England. any admin can alow me to post the download link?

Just post the link without http:// and it will work. Its just not clickable

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

ROM only http://www.mediafire.com/?dcyjna5284556zh

where is the link for the new Odin 1.81 ?

willcpfc

Nov 8, 2010
Ok I will ask the noob question. What is Odin please and what does it bring to nexus? Thanks :)

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
I've never used it, but i thinks it's a Windows tool that allows you to flash firmware to Samsung Phones...

Can anyone elaborate?

yes Odin famous in the Galaxy S family, only Nexus S did not require it for flashing new ROMs

all the other Galaxy S models needs Odin to change firmware, as fastboot is not compatible with the rest of the Galaxy S line

Reactions: ping33tx

ping33tx

May 4, 2010
Houston,Texas
Hi i was wondering if there is a North America version,i noticed its a European version?Or am i incorrect?Or does it even matter? Just wondering,still kinda new to the game some what,i want to test it really really bad lol lol thanks guys

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
Hi i was wondering if there is a North America version,i noticed its a European version?Or am i incorrect?Or does it even matter? Just wondering,still kinda new to the game some what,i want to test it really really bad lol lol thanks guys

i think of it as a Safety switch

even if it's EU ROM

once you revive your phone with it, then you can change to any other ROM you want

ping33tx

May 4, 2010
Houston,Texas

even if it's EU ROM

once you revive your phone with it, then you can change to any other ROM you want
10-4 i was thinking that but i just wanted to make sure,and of course we will loose our root correct? I am sure tons of people will be wondering that.Anyway thanks a million for the help and good luck to all :)

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
NOTE: You'll need a 301K USB resistor to make it boot into Download Mode, to make sure of Odin

You dont need 301K USB resistor to acess download mode
with normal method
Turn off phone....Hold vol up/down plug in USB it will access download mode
think its assessable once you unlock your bootloader

10-4 i was thinking that but i just wanted to make sure,and of course we will loose our root correct?
If the image doesn't have root then yes you lose it

Can someone confirm this is indeed true stock image without root access this is great for those returning phones for what ever reason

Last edited:

ping33tx

May 4, 2010
Houston,Texas
with normal method

Can someone confirm this is indeed true stock image without root access this is great for those returning phones for what ever reason
I confirm on what demo23019 is saying, i just did it with no problems.No 301K USB resistor is needed to go to download mode.Thanks demo!

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
Download Mode

I confirm on what demo23019 is saying, i just did it with no problems.No 301K USB resistor is needed to go to download mode.Thanks demo!

are you sure you are getting the correct download mode?

is this the screen you get?

attachment.php

original source Download Mode on Nexus S

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989

never mind, confirmed

it does work

it acts like the 3 button combo in the USA Galaxy S

volume up + volume down + USB

no need for Power button like the other models

hmm... the only annoying thing is, to get out of DOWNLOAD MODE, you have to take out the battery.
on the Galaxy S you can hold Power until it turns off

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GRH78
    ROM + ODIN 1.81 only

more details in this original topic

[HOWTO] [REF] Get Download Mode without 3-button combo using homemade JIG

-------------------------------------------------------
    I have tested the below files and is not compatible with gt-i9020 . is only compatible with gt-i9023. so do not try it on i9020 the gri54.i will upload tomorow the files needet for i9020.
    GRI54

Here is GRI54 files for I9023 with the needed odin.exe

I have not tested this with my i9020 but people on this forum say that it should be ok.
    where is the link to the odin........................................................

from samfirmware
    Tested works fine

Odin
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U6BYX0GI

http://hotfile.com/dl/107607762/640950b/I9003_Odin3_v1.82.rar.html

JK1 2.3.1 firmware (GRH78)
    http://hotfile.com/dl/107982455/033fcd6/I9020XXJK1.rar.html

Password is samfirmware.com

even if it's EU ROM

with normal method

10-4 i was thinking that but i just wanted to make sure,and of course we will loose our root correct?

never mind, confirmed

it does work

it acts like the 3 button combo in the USA Galaxy S

volume up + volume down + USB

no need for Power button like the other models

hmm... the only annoying thing is, to get out of DOWNLOAD MODE, you have to take out the battery.
    on the Galaxy S you can hold Power until it turns off