Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

Search This thread

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Well you can create sh scripts with notepad++. But make sure you get unix lf (linefeed, new lines) instead of windows carriage return linefeed (crlf). Google about it. Otherwise your scripts may not be executed correctly.

For you update binary... go to the 9001 development board here and search for all in one package (aio) by crybert. Extract it and analyse its commands and structure. Also search here or google edify scripts.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA App
I was able to create my own update-script using notepad++ thanks fro that,
but the update binary is really confusing i cant open it with any application if i open it with notepad++ it shows all strange characters:confused: none of the text editing apps work ?
Second question ?
what is the update-binary anyways? what's is function?
i googled this and came across some very complicated web pages related to linux
can you explain this in a simple way, what it actually does ?
and how can i open such files :D

wintel_mac

Jun 20, 2011
Nuremberg
You need to open the updater-script. The update mechanism uses the binary to execute the script. There are different versions out there so that's why I wrote take the zip, extract it, analyse updater-script and check how its syntax works.

Reactions: nail16

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
You need to open the updater-script. The update mechanism uses the binary to execute the script. There are different versions out there so that's why I wrote take the zip, extract it, analyse updater-script and check how its syntax works.
I analysed the update-script syntax from the AIO 1.1 package it makes complete sense, but i wanna know how do i create the update-binary file ?

Last edited:

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
wo! dude, that stuff goes way over my head :eek: for now i'll just stick to the basics :eek:
but thanks anyways :)

Last edited:

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
For the updater-script in what format should i save the file in notepad++?

the updater script doesn't have an extension, so u save it as "all types"
u know can always extract an updater script from a kernel zip (for example) and copy-paste ur code instead of the original and save it. (that's a workaround of course) :p

wintel_mac

Jun 20, 2011
Nuremberg
And to make sure it is really a UNIX style file, press CTRL+H, search for "\r\n" and replace with "\n" and tick advanced option in the lower left corner of the dialogue. Then replace all, save the file as "updater-script" with no extension (filetype "All Types (*.*)").

Then close the file, open it again in notepad++ and check whether it says "UNIX" in the status bar down in the middle of the program window. If it's unix, your file is in the correct format.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Will any txt editing tool do the trick ? like wordpad

No it will not. Wordpad sucks.

Reactions: nail16 and rayiskon

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Please help me, i can't flash any zips with my updater-script i keep getting (status 6) error ?

Last edited:

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
I have a new question
What are permissions that we see in the updater-scripts ?
they somewhat appear to like this (0, 0, 0777) ?
can anyone tell me the meaning of these numbers ?

wintel_mac

Jun 20, 2011
Nuremberg
Search on the internet for "chmod", a common Linux and UNIX utility and needed often. Basically it is the UNIX way to set the permissions for a file, may it be read, write and execute (that's 777). Also, you sometimes (on edify) need to specify the owner and the user group (that's 0 and 0, which is always root).

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
LOL.. i'm enjoying taking these daily lessons from you, thanks man :D

Found this on wikipedia
Octal digit values can be added together to make Symbolic Notations:
(4=r)+(1=x) == (5=r-x)
(4=r)+(2=w) == (6=rw-)
(4=r)+(2=w)+(1=x) == (7=rwx)

UGO = User, Group, Other
777 = "-rwxrwxrwx" = rwx for all
754 = "-rwxr-xr--" = rwx for owner, r-x for group, r-- for other
124 = "--x-w-r--" = x for owner, w for group, r for othe

Last edited:

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
How do i extract a *.apk file ?
I actually want to edit the default wallpapers and put some of my own,
Is it the systemUI.apk ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to completely repair GPS on 9001. I did hardware fix, there was a bad connection between antenna and motherboard, so I only inserted a small piece of paper under the antenna, so now connection is 100%. Before fix, there were only 4 satelites on the radar, now it's up to 11 :fingers-crossed:

Location is fixed under 3 seconds :)

I did it without any soldering...
    Could you please attach some photos for that surgery.
    I strongly believe that GPS problems in GT-I9001 are hardware based on its random occurrence.
    Thanks for the good job :good:

It is boring for me to write full explanation again, here is the link that leads to the instructions, I wrote it on local forums in my country, so use Google Translate, or find someone who knows Serbian to translate it for you :p

http://www.mycity.rs/Android/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Plus-GT-I9001-The-Ultimate-Guide.html#p1578804
    CWM Porting...

Like someone asked me.... I would be very happy to develop the CWM Recovery and many other mods if you can give me one esemplar of this phone...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk
    Update on our ICS project: a WIP (work in progress) thread will be opened soon in our dev section, there should be a nightly build to download which is not yet tested nor confirmed working, so when it comes out logcat and feedback from users will be very helpful. So keep an eye on our dev section and any updates/details from zackconsole.
    Please Keep All General non-Development chit chats within topic! to keep the Galaxy S Plus I9001 Development area with irrelevant pollution.

Thank you
    -- A.G.