[Q] Samsung galaxy ace S5830 CWM 6.0.4.6

Search This thread

vcbkarthi

Mar 6, 2014
Hi

please help i am new to this.

i wanted to update my Samsung galaxy ace to kitkat.

i downloaded the CWM recover 6.0.4.6 version and moved that to the SD card.
rebooted the phone with recovery option and installed the CWM from the SD card. after this when is reboot with recovery option.

the CWM boots and shows the menu options for recovery and so .but it also shows e: cant mount \recevoery.
and when i do a backup then also it shows a error \system couldn't be mounted.:confused:

please help

sujithar37

Jan 15, 2014
Trivandrum, Kerala
You can install kitkat rom using the cwm version 5 itself. This rom is available in s5830 android development thread.

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

1. Flash stock firmware via Odin
2. Download Cwm 5 version
3. Enter stock recovery and update to cwm 5
3. Install the kitakt rom which is available in the application thread of s5830 android development

Just pm me if you need the links to do the same...

Reactions: ANDROID-000

vcbkarthi

Mar 6, 2014
You can install kitkat rom using the cwm version 5 itself. This rom is available in s5830 android development thread.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

3. Install the kitakt rom which is available in the application thread of s5830 android development

hi are you talking about this link

Legacy & Low Activity Devices > Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, S5830i, Ace II > Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Development > [ROM][CM11] Kitkat For All [NIGHTLY-2014.02.22]

vcbkarthi

Mar 6, 2014
That rom is not actually kitkat and it's 4.2. But you will get the kitak user interface options from this rom and it is much stable release..please find the same via link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2561861

Lets review the user comments and you could get the idea how much is it stable... :) :)...

please let me have link to odin flashable original 2.3.6 recovery for galaxy ace s5830

sujithar37

Jan 15, 2014
Trivandrum, Kerala
I am unable to attach the weblinks other than xda since am a junior member in here and have less than 10 posts. But I will guide you how to flash stock recovery in ace s5830

Try Google search with the keyword " flash stock firmware for ace s5830"

And you will get the links from droidviews.com website. Please check that and I hope you will find all the information from there.

iqbal_mahmuda

Nov 28, 2013
That rom is not actually kitkat and it's 4.2. But you will get the kitak user interface options from this rom and it is much stable release..please find the same via link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2561861

Lets review the user comments and you could get the idea how much is it stable... :) :)...

You are wrong. It is really kitkat, but it can be flashed through cwm 5.

sujithar37

Jan 15, 2014
Trivandrum, Kerala
Ohh sorry..Thanks for the info :)

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Glad to hear that... Hit thanks if my info help you on this

vcbkarthi

Mar 6, 2014
having successfully installed the ROM two days back

the play store doesnt allow to install applications even if there is engouh memory

for instance i had 33 MB of free space still its doesnt allow me to install a applciation of 2 MB. it says not enough internal memory . might be a bug ?? .

the other things work stable and baterry is getting drained without even using the phone ( almost just with few phone calls it is from 100 to around 60 percent )

all the applications a little slow and especcially the browser and the google map.

there was frequest error saying application has stopped responding and with wait and close options

samsung Galaxy ace
s5830
CWM 5
[ROM][JB][CM10.1.6][KITKAT UI][Winter release][09/12/2013]

ANDROID-000

Oct 9, 2013

Im in 6.0.4.6 cwm, to revert back to 5xxx flashing stock firmware is the only way? Or is there any other way?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Deleted member 5617821

Im in 6.0.4.6 cwm, to revert back to 5xxx flashing stock firmware is the only way? Or is there any other way?

Inorder to revert back to CWM 5, your only option is to flash the stock firmware using odin and then reinstall the CWM 5. Hope I helped :)

Reactions: ANDROID-000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I sent you the link in your inbox...please check

D
    Deleted member 5617821

Inorder to revert back to CWM 5, your only option is to flash the stock firmware using odin and then reinstall the CWM 5. Hope I helped :)

Also see below the link for any future reference about the Kitkat rom and CWM 6 details

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2609021

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2652519

Hit thanks if I helped you