***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

berichardson

Feb 4, 2013
Howdy y'all,

I knocked my GS3 off the nighttable last night and now it won't charge. Not a big deal usually, since they'll replace it at the store. But, since I rooted it the warranty would be void so I can't do that. I know how to flash the stock ROM using Odin, but my battery's basically dead and won't charge. I'm planning on finding a friend with their own GS3 I can use to recharge my battery (does anyone know an easier way to recharge the battery without the phone?). The big problem though is that I don't know how to flash the ROM without plugging the phone in via USB, which right now won't work.

So my big question is: how can you unroot your phone without a USB connection? And does anyone know of any other ways to recharge a battery when the phone's charger port goes south?

Hope I don't elicit too many TL;DRs. Thanks for anyone who can help me out.
BR

Resperith

Sep 12, 2012
Howdy y'all,

I knocked my GS3 off the nighttable last night and now it won't charge. Not a big deal usually, since they'll replace it at the store. But, since I rooted it the warranty would be void so I can't do that. I know how to flash the stock ROM using Odin, but my battery's basically dead and won't charge. I'm planning on finding a friend with their own GS3 I can use to recharge my battery (does anyone know an easier way to recharge the battery without the phone?). The big problem though is that I don't know how to flash the ROM without plugging the phone in via USB, which right now won't work.

So my big question is: how can you unroot your phone without a USB connection? And does anyone know of any other ways to recharge a battery when the phone's charger port goes south?

BR

Does not sound good, perhaps a good idea would be to "accidentally" run over the phone. xD

jwattt

Sep 18, 2012
Tucson
shoud be able to flash the stock rom via CWM

download the stock firmware to the phone with the phone/restore it in CWM recovery. you can charge the battery with a battery charger you can get one at radio shack. also make sure to use triangle away if you have tripped the flash counter its on the play store **** must do this with root privlages.

Howdy y'all,

BR

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

yeah the stock is now jellybean which would be why they would have different values. do the OTA update to jellybean under settings. jellybean is 4.1.1 or 4.1.2

I believe I did flash the stock rom, and unless I am mistaken,
"from the directions in the sticky in this subforum" and follow the instructions. Use the UN rooted official version and Just to clarify, there is really only ONE option to choose if you plan on returning your phone to Verizon.(Official VRALG1 4.0.4)

Which is the thing I have right?
VRALG1

They said when they looked at my stuff that it should say like R000012 or some number I cannot remember.
Sorry. xD

Reactions: berichardson

nufan

Nov 6, 2010
Inland Empire, CA
Howdy y'all,

BR

Another option to do is once you've got a charged battery to work with, use mobile ODIN to flash a stock firmware. To use mobile ODIN, your bootloader has to be unlocked.

Reactions: berichardson

trueParadoX_2446

Sep 9, 2012
LaGrange, OH
Hey. This is probably the 4th or 5th time this happened to me. I'm having SD card issues. Its kind of random and hard to reproduce the problem. The first letter of the folders on my SD card will be replaced with a micro symbol (the reversed u). This will then have deleted all files within the folder, which happens to all folders. Backups, ti backups, music, pictures, keep being deleted and its getting frustrating. What could be causing this? Using a 64GB sdxc card. Sometimes the phone will randomly unmount it and say its damaged. The music player will play great for awhile then say cannot play file type, and skip through all my music until a reboot. Bad SD card?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Hey. This is probably the 4th or 5th time this happened to me. I'm having SD card issues. Its kind of random and hard to reproduce the problem. The first letter of the folders on my SD card will be replaced with a micro symbol (the reversed u). This will then have deleted all files within the folder, which happens to all folders. Backups, ti backups, music, pictures, keep being deleted and its getting frustrating. What could be causing this? Using a 64GB sdxc card. Sometimes the phone will randomly unmount it and say its damaged. The music player will play great for awhile then say cannot play file type, and skip through all my music until a reboot. Bad SD card?

Backup everything on your computer and then format the sdcard to FAT and it will solve your problem.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

zakdonald

Feb 16, 2013
Hard Bricked

So I was following the instructions for this root guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2046439. I installed all of the items and installed the usb drivers. I put my phone into odin mode and plug it up to the computer. I then follow the first step and flash the VRALEC Bootchain. That's where it went south. I had auto reboot set like it was supposed to be, but it didnt reset or anything, just black screen. I unplugged it from my computer and tried to put it into odin mode. No luck. I then tried to put it in recovery mode. Still no luck. Now the only response my phone has to anything is when I plug it into the computer, I hear the sound from windows when a USB devise is plugged in, or when i plug the phone into the charger without the battery, I get a red light at the top. Nothing else will work, nothing at all. So my question is, is there any way I can get it into odin, recovery, or can I do anything else to repair it? I really don't want to get a replacement because I don't want a refurb, as this is a brand new phone. I also don't want to get a JTAG repair. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :(

dmonleo

Ok, I've flashed i535 to pageplus. When the simcard is in it will cycle calls to *22899 "activation" this is very annoying. Any suggestions on how to permanently fix this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Gatanater

Jul 28, 2012
Philadelphia
These are all wrong due to the fact that rooting voids your software warranty. Since it was your hardware that broke you are fine, just return it :)

vdub2pt0

Mar 15, 2011
You know of any way to swap the internal and external memory on the 4.2.2 roms? The original script isn't working

prindone3

Oct 27, 2012
Bad microUSB port?

Hi, i can plug my gs3 into my computer and charge it, all well and nice. I have tried like every solution i have found to get it detected on my computer. I have a macbook pro but i cannot get the phone detected on either the mac or the win7 side. I have the drivers installed on the windows side from the samsung website. I have tried everything i've found on the forums and i still can't get it to show up in Kies, Odin, as a drive on my mac, no notification when i plug it in on win7. What do you think could be wrong? I've had it rooted before running CM10 and AOKP, and after trying both around that time JB came out for the device so i wanted to try it. I reverted to the stock build. Is there anything that may have caused the usb port to go bad and not transfer data? is there any sort of non-mainstream fix i have not found yet? Thanks for the help mate

(SCH-i535 if it makes a difference)

dmonleo

Ok so I answered my question. Using Phone info app (sc@tawain) change network mode to cdma only. I can get 1x data with foregin simcards (h2o, simple, att go) and even data without a simcard. Plus.....NO FREAKING ACTIVATION CALLS!...cool! Now I will have to get 3g speeds on here.

growpurp707

Mar 3, 2011
Hi, i can plug my gs3 into my computer and charge it, all well and nice. I have tried like every solution i have found to get it detected on my computer. I have a macbook pro but i cannot get the phone detected on either the mac or the win7 side. I have the drivers installed on the windows side from the samsung website. I have tried everything i've found on the forums and i still can't get it to show up in Kies, Odin, as a drive on my mac, no notification when i plug it in on win7. What do you think could be wrong? I've had it rooted before running CM10 and AOKP, and after trying both around that time JB came out for the device so i wanted to try it. I reverted to the stock build. Is there anything that may have caused the usb port to go bad and not transfer data? is there any sort of non-mainstream fix i have not found yet? Thanks for the help mate

(SCH-i535 if it makes a difference)

Have you tried a different USB cord? The one that came with my phone was missing a pin.

dorianteal

May 6, 2011
Sending to Samsung for screen replacement

Hi all.
Busted my digitizer. Samsung quoted me 130 fora new screen and lcd. I swear the rep told me to pack the battery and charger, the documentation specifically says otherwise. Anyone done this?

Thanks

viseversa101

Sep 17, 2012
toledo
incekst struc

I was on my vzn sgi535 s3 and tried flashing perseus kernal to cleanrom 5.6 and got an error, then found that kernal was built for i9300 not an i535 in turn causing problems. Once I rebooted foolishly I hard bricked it, no boot of any sort, unrecognizable usb plugin....Only response I am receiving is a red led when plugged in via usb during a battery pull. Looking into the problem I see only 2 avenues to go down, send it to be jtag'ed because even though I solder I am not that proficient, or paying the 150 deductible and poopping all over the insurance. My question is whether or not any one can suggest to me a better solution.

l3prichaun13

Feb 22, 2013
Hey guys, I'm familiar with rooting but I did it only two times and this being my second after doing it on the original droid over a year ago. I tried to boot into recovery both with the volume up home and power and also tried through clockwork and my droid gets to the screen with the droid guy with the hexagon spinning then he falls down with a red triangle and I only get a few options like wipe dalvik and update from adb but no options to backup. I used the Odin method with the vralec bootchain and vrzblck3 md5's and cwm 6.0.x tar. Everything seemed to work right but I don't know what to do and don't want to brick my device. I don't mind help in any way shape or form. My goal is to get Google wallet working but I want a backup before I start tweaking build props and what not. Also I am running sgs3 on Verizon sch-i535 model and on jelly bean 4.1.1. If you need any other info just let me know, any and all help is appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lock/power button on my s3 has stopped working, and I need to restore to stock so I can bring it to Verizon for a replacement.

Anyone know of a way to get into download mode without using the power button?

Go into terminal emulator and type in:

su
    reboot download

Hit enter after each line.

Or you can use adb if you know how. Either way you must be rooted to do this.
    Trt flashing the rom with clean wipe.. Then install correct version of gapps

Thanks doesn't hurt....
    hi i hard bricked my phone about a month ago and got it fixed recently by JTAG Riff - Boot repair and it worked perfect. but then i rooted it and unlocked the bootloader and then i went it too recovery mode to install hyperdrive rom r14 using TWRP and everything runs smooth threw the installation but once its done i reboot and it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it and under neath is says "system software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone". then after i go to download re-flash a stock firmware and re-root and restore to my last backup and have no problem. but what i want to know is, is there a why to fix this so i can flash custom roms again. if i could get help that would be great.

I would start the rooting / flashing process o er from Step 1. I had the same problem on day one and soft bricked it and was able to follow a thread that unscrewed it but I honestly don't remember what was entailed. I do know that what I did in the end was restart the root / flashing process. Wish I could be of more help but I know you'll be able to get it going again.
    nfc

Actually I just thought of something else to try. Have you gone in and force quit nfc and cleared the app data? That may resolve the problem. Nfc will be under all apps and it is named nfc service.

I have the stock battery and when I did call Verizon the first time they wanted me to contact Samsung first then get back to them so I figured i'd bring it here. It had worked before so I was wondering if maybe it fried somehow? Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, watch because I said that i'll drop it in 5 minutes and shatter my screen :eek: I guess I'll just try Samsung tomorrow and see what they have to say.
    No if you are back to stock ORIGINAL and still have that problem its Hardware.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2