[Q] Would a Sim-unlock set the "Bootloader unlock allowed" to Yes??

Search This thread
Aug 21, 2014
Hello!

I have a question about unlocking!

If i unlock the Sim-lock on a smartphone (by a code), does this also set the bootloader settings from:
"Bootloader unlock allowed: No" => to: "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes" ??

Thanks, regards,
Stefan

classicalpunk

Aug 2, 2014
Saint-Omer
Try and see

You have nothing to lose from trying, if it works you have phone without Simlock nor bootloader lock and if it doesn't work you'd still have a Simlock-free phone. I don't even know why you haven't tried yet...:D

Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the expressive one answer !?

I cannot try it, becaus the phone is not my phone, i want to buy the phone! So, if i could unlock the bootloader with a Sim-unlock,
then i buy the phone & buy the sim-unlock(code). If i could not unlock the bootloader, i am not interesting to buy this locked-phone!!

My consideration is: Buy a cheap locked-phone & unlock it by my self (+pay the unlock-code) OR buy a expensive unlocked-phone!!
... or don't pay for the damn unlock-code an hack the damn bootloader, so that i could change the "bootloader unlock allowed" to YES!

regards,
Stefan

dreamwave

If you sim unlock your phone you will be able to use any sim card, but unlocking your phone in that way does nothing to allow unsigned or non-officially signed bootloaders, recoveries, or roms to be loaded on the device in the same way that unlocking the bootloader does not sim unlock the phone.