OCLF Tab Support

Search This thread

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
Since the SGS variants and the Tab are very similar, the OCLF app should work with only minor changes. And here is a version with these minor changes. If anybody with a tab could give it a try and let me know if it works? Thanks!

One Click Lag Fix is a popular application on the Android Market for SGS (I9000, captivate, etc) devices that helps speed up the RFS filesystem by using a loop mounted EXT2.

2.2.6 Update

2.2.6 contains a bug fix that was preventing it from installing. Thanks for the bug report!

2.2.7 Update

Contains a bug fix which allows the 'undo lagfix' options to work on the Tab.

Attachments

• OCLF.2.2.7.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 11,368
Last edited:

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Ive read that this bricked one of our users tabs. Also, i dont experience any lag.

Reactions: UrbanRider

Sammyfinland

Aug 3, 2010
Wont work. I tried to root with OCLF from recovery console. Can't apply update.zip.

There is very much lag especially when browsing web.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
There is no lag. You have to learn android, understand the apps. Read this forum and you will...

To fix browser lag, use a better browser. I really dont see how you could be experiencing lag anywhere else!

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
Since the SGS variants and the Tab are very similar, the OCLF app should work with only minor changes. And here is a version with these minor changes. If anybody with a tab could give it a try and let me know if it works? Thanks!

One Click Lag Fix is a popular application on the Android Market for SGS (I9000, captivate, etc) devices that helps speed up the RFS filesystem by using a loop mounted EXT2.

When I saw RyanZA post in the Tab forum, I had a miniature joygasm ;)

I'll test out your OCLF on my Tab and let you know how things go.

You should be proud to be the first dev to give the Tab some <3.

Thanks man.

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
I haven't had time to install the OCLF yet (at work right now), but I will.

I also confess that the stock Tab is pretty speedy (in comparison to the stock SGS), but my SGS with lagfix is quite a bit faster than stock Tab.

The Tab has such potential! I hope RyanZA helps realize that potential, and though I don't "need" the OCLF, I sure want to help him out by testing it ;)

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB

Thanks man.

Haha, I don't actually have a Tab so it's a bit hard to test stuff out. ;)
That said, most anything from the SGS phones should port right over to the Tab without any issue. Most notably, z4mod http://www.sgscompilebox.dreamhosters.com/ should work well too. :)

As far as bricking, I don't believe it's possible for OCLF to brick a Tab. If anybody runs into any issues though, let me know so I can try fix em up. Or don't, I don't get anything out of this anyway, so less bug reports just means less work required. :D

Reactions: asmen5

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
2.2.6 Update is now in the first post, and contains a bugfix that was previously preventing the installation from completing on the Tab.

patomas

Mar 2, 2007
I tried some time ago

2.2.6 Update

2.2.6 contains a bug fix that was preventing it from installing. Thanks for the bug report!

I tried it some time ago. I had to do something to make it install (I think creating or renaming a file, don't remenber). After the reboot Tab kept on going in a loop (black screen, Samsung logo, two vibrations) without rebooting.

After that, I almost breaked the device, but for a long story (I repartitioned I suppose with a wrong PIT, then when I was backupping the NAND I had a power fault, ecc ecc) not OCLF fault.

If you have ideas of the reasons of the loop, I can retry.

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
That guy got the bootloop because he used the SGS version of the OCLF on his Tab.

Ryan has kindly decided to port his OCLF to the Tab, and I gotta say, that's pretty great of him, considering he doesn't even have one to test.

But I can confirm that this version he has released here does NOT bootloop or otherwise jeopardize your Tab. I've run it, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't work just yet. But it's close ;)

tonime

2.2.6 Update

Thank you, works well in my Tab. 1910 Quadrant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2.2.6 Update

2.2.7 Update

Contains a bug fix which allows the 'undo lagfix' options to work on the Tab.
    Ive read that this bricked one of our users tabs. Also, i dont experience any lag.

Thanks man.

Haha, I don't actually have a Tab so it's a bit hard to test stuff out. ;)
    That said, most anything from the SGS phones should port right over to the Tab without any issue. Most notably, z4mod http://www.sgscompilebox.dreamhosters.com/ should work well too. :)

As far as bricking, I don't believe it's possible for OCLF to brick a Tab. If anybody runs into any issues though, let me know so I can try fix em up. Or don't, I don't get anything out of this anyway, so less bug reports just means less work required. :D