Nexus 4 Display control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tones1971

Feb 24, 2011
Belfast
Hmmm... not for me. It doesn't seem to matter which color settings I use, my phone still has a severe yellow tinting when I tilt it to a right angle. I can't seem to get a straight answer if this in "normal" for the Nexus 4, or my gamma is off, or if I should be thinking of an RMA. Seems like nitpicking since the display looks awesome when viewed straight-on, but the angle viewing sucks.

Sounds exactly like mine. Not sure if thats normal though!

Screen almost looks brownish when viewed at an angle. Straight on is pretty good though does seem slightly faded. Changing settings helped with that a little. Still have a large yellowish area at the bottom though.

Reactions: killswitch11

killswitch11

Apr 1, 2011
Portland
Sounds exactly like mine. Not sure if thats normal though!

Screen almost looks brownish when viewed at an angle. Straight on is pretty good though does seem slightly faded. Changing settings helped with that a little. Still have a large yellowish area at the bottom though.

Huh, seems like your phone may have a worse problem than mine. How long have you had it? I've read that some yellowing when viewed straight-on can be caused by glue that is not yet fully set. People have reported that yellow staining goes away after a while. If it doesn't, maybe you should give Google a call.

qkhang

Jun 16, 2010
I've got to try this out later. I have noticed the colors are a bit off. Wonder if it'll work on the nexus 7?

Kel Ghu

Aug 11, 2010
Just to let anyone know. Color settings will get rid of the tint you don't like and make color more accurate, but not vivid or anything. The biggest flaw of this screen/setting is gamma. Try fauxclock kernel along with its app. If I had to choose to either change gamma or color only, I'd choose gamma right away (Gamma 0 to max). It's by far the biggest improvement for our screens.

0rigin

Jan 1, 2013
Sh*topia
Have to repost...

+1

Downloaded some pictures and an app yesterday to help me with gamma...

Here are my updated settings:
http://shrani.si/f/1L/CM/4IYI8h4W/screenshot2013-01-27-23-.png
+gamma amp adjust 1 are all 0.

Anyone interested should give it a try, I believe this should be the most balanced reproduction of colours(at least on my screen) and also whites are white. :highfive:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2109981

Hope it is of some help..

TheLawIX

Oct 8, 2011
Franco's latest Rom (r71) alters the stock saturation, can anyone provide accurate color settings for it?

troysyx

Aug 24, 2012
Gresham
Franco's latest Rom (r71) alters the stock saturation, can anyone provide accurate color settings for it?

I use 255, 255, 255 with the gamma set as follows and it looks fantastic.

Sent from my Franco'd and Xylon'd Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360771043126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360771043126.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,152

gregsky

Dec 8, 2012
I am getting really frustrated with this, whenever I try to change the settings all the values jump to 0 and the screen does not change at all. See the screenshot below.

I am rooted and when I open superSU I do not see the display control.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

34snotz.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nodnarb91

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
The color adjustments using Franco's app work great as far as making everything look crisp and contrasted. However, I still have major yellow/blue tinting at angles, depending on which way I tilt phone. Straight-on, its flawless. Just a slight viewing angle and it looks terrible. Is this a Gamma issue or do I have a defective display? (Currently using 238, 228, 240)

Its normal why are the same bad VA viewing angles

Google Voice via my r72 NeXus⁴ using XDA Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts