AudioOut_1 wake lock?

Search This thread

aly19

Apr 25, 2011
I was checking in BetterBatteryStats and the highest wake lock is always AudioOut_1, anyone know what this is or what causes it?

thanks

Reactions: Splaktar

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
Unless I'm missing something, this simply means you were listening to audio, doesn't it? I get this when listening to Google Music or the Sirius/XM app.

MrPaveL

May 26, 2007
Praha
By any chance, are you using: "touch sounds" or "screen lock" in sound settings?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: wisey38

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
Just found this as well. Says I have 19 minutes worth of it too. Which is crap. Phone has been off the charger for 5 hours.

thescreensavers

Oct 25, 2006
It seems many people are having this, even when playing no music with the screen off.

It would be awesome for someone who knows exactly what "AudioOut_1" is.

Notification sounds?
All Types of Sounds when the screen is off?
...etc

bowsersoulstar

May 2, 2011
Would be funny if this was the culprit of the whole "Android OS" keep awake bug... Gonna disable mine too (I actually may like this off...) and see if it makes a difference. Probably not though.

endlight

Jan 5, 2012
I already had those unchecked and it's still my highest wakelock =S
i know i did play some games with sound, and received some texts and msgs and what not, so I guess somehow that works all out to 45 minutes.

I'm getting inconsistant battery readings regardless, with wake time up to 2 hours longer that my actual screen on time.

sorry, also just for comparison i'm getting about 2 hours of screen time and about 12 hours on a full charge.

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
Last edited:
Reactions: lur3nj14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Settings > Sound

Uncheck "Touch sounds"
    Uncheck "Screen lock sound"

Profit.

Just went an hour without losing 1% battery after I did this.
    Settings > Sound

Uncheck "Touch sounds"
    Uncheck "Screen lock sound"

Profit.

Just went an hour without losing 1% battery after I did this.

This worked for me, thanks.
    After some googling I've found that having both screen lock and touch sound activated can cause a bug in android where everytime you touch the screen (even when off) AudioOut_1 causes a partial wakelock. I've confirmed on my own phone that disabling both options kills the wakelocks completely. I only get wakelocks from AudioOut_1 when sound is actually playing.

Checkout the following links:

Kernel Wakelocks and You

BetterBatteryStats-Knowledge-Base-AudioOut_1
    I was checking in BetterBatteryStats and the highest wake lock is always AudioOut_1, anyone know what this is or what causes it?

thanks
    By any chance, are you using: "touch sounds" or "screen lock" in sound settings?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk