digitizer replacement

Search This thread

vortex666

Nov 20, 2011
lincoln
hi guys,i would like some advice on replace my digitizer,as i never done one im am not sure about how to do it correctly,so,if anyone as idea on how to remove the digitizer,what tools we need,if there is any soldering work to do or anything else please reply,any information related to this will be helpfull!
Many thanks :)

andlea

Feb 4, 2012
Hi guys!

I just replaced my broken digitizer with one I bought on ebay, and the new one works fine.

However, the earpiece speaker does not work. Help!
Do any of you have any tips for me?

PS: I already threw away the old one when because the touchscreen seemed to work fine, so I can't just take the speaker from that.

typci

Apr 26, 2011
Xian, China (陕西,西安)
I just bought a new digitizer off of taobao. It cost me 120 RMB ($19) and comes with a replacement front shell. When it arrives I'll install it. Good luck with your speaker, when I get mine in I'll look at the circuitry to see if I can find anything to help you.

EDIT: Replaced mine, it was pretty easy. On your speaker, did you reconnect the speaker wire correctly? Or did the wire get damaged? That's the only thing I could see that could go wrong with it.

Last edited:

krothold

Apr 25, 2011
Hi guys!

I just replaced my broken digitizer with one I bought on ebay, and the new one works fine.

However, the earpiece speaker does not work. Help!
Do any of you have any tips for me?

PS: I already threw away the old one when because the touchscreen seemed to work fine, so I can't just take the speaker from that.
I have the same problem. The speaker in the new digitizer is bigger than the old one.

An image showing the differences

Does anybody know where to get a fitting digitizer/speaker?
Seems like there are no right ones on ebay...

Update:
I've contacted the seller. I will send him the part number of my digitizer (printed on the cable) and he will try to get the right one for me.
The ebay seller is 'easyworldwidetrading'. I will update this post for the folks who need this kind of digitizer.

Update 2:
My digitizer is a "TM1564" model which will be send to me now.

Last edited:

KARTHAN7

Feb 11, 2011
I have the same problem. The speaker in the new digitizer is bigger than the old one.

An image showing the differences

Does anybody know where to get a fitting digitizer/speaker?
Seems like there are no right ones on ebay...

Update:
I've contacted the seller. I will send him the part number of my digitizer (printed on the cable) and he will try to get the right one for me.
The ebay seller is 'easyworldwidetrading'. I will update this post for the folks who need this kind of digitizer.

Update 2:
My digitizer is a "TM1564" model which will be send to me now.
hi, you got a link to buy?

krothold

Apr 25, 2011
Not really. Just had some email conversation with them/him.

The shop is called 'easyworldwidetrading' on ebay:
http://myworld.ebay.com.hk/easyworldwidetrading?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:DE:1181

Haven't got the new digitizer yet. He wrote "It is OK, I will check about it and reship the TM1564 model touch screen to you, is it OK??". I am expecting to get it within the next two weeks. I will keep you updated if you want or you can write him on as I did. Maybe he will start selling the TM1564 on ebay too.

Reactions: KARTHAN7

ademirado

May 22, 2012
Turku
Old speaker with wrong digitizer

Hell,

i wonted to ask is it possible to use old small speaker in new digitizer replacing big speaker?

Is there any other differenc in digitizers other then speaker size?

If i take big speaker out and glue or attach small speaker in the place, can i work like that?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

krothold

Apr 25, 2011
I had a look at the two digitizers and yes, I think that it is possible. If I can help you with images or anything else just send a msg to me.

Reactions: ademirado

ademirado

May 22, 2012
Turku
Hello, i have tried and it works, so you can use your old speaker instead big speaker in digitizer. I just replaced big speaker with my old small speaker and it worked. You have to center it in digitizer and put something on top of the speaker i used double layer tape otherwise speaker is too much in and it doesn't make connection.

typci

Apr 26, 2011
Xian, China (陕西,西安)
Hell,

i wonted to ask is it possible to use old small speaker in new digitizer replacing big speaker?

Is there any other differenc in digitizers other then speaker size?

If i take big speaker out and glue or attach small speaker in the place, can i work like that?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You know, you don't have to replace the speaker and case. You can remove the digitizer from the case and put it in your old case with the smaller speaker.

krothold

Apr 25, 2011
Not really. Just had some email conversation with them/him.

The shop is called 'easyworldwidetrading' on ebay:
http://myworld.ebay.com.hk/easyworldwidetrading?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:DE:1181

Haven't got the new digitizer yet. He wrote "It is OK, I will check about it and reship the TM1564 model touch screen to you, is it OK??". I am expecting to get it within the next two weeks. I will keep you updated if you want or you can write him on as I did. Maybe he will start selling the TM1564 on ebay too.

He could not get it. But i've found another ebay seller which offers the TM1564 touch screen.
I've just ordered it. Will keep you updated if it works.
Search for "Digitizer Touch Screen For HUAWEI Ideos X5 U8800 Front Frame Cover small speaker" on eBay.

Top Liked Posts