[APP][4.1+] Notifications Off

Search This thread

mcnamaragio

Dec 26, 2011
www.aboutmycode.com
Hello,

I want to introduce my application "Notifications Off" for controlling application notifications in a centralized way. Instead of toggling notifications for applications individually from the settings screen you can update the settings for all applications from one place. As the feature was introduced in Jelly Bean obviously it only supports Android 4.1 and up.

The app can also automatically disable notifications for new applications as soon as they are installed.

Keep in mind that root is required for the application.

Feedback, suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Google Play Download Link

rOPeo6a8THaSaJXn8sWFjNWRI2ikqam_Qy1oxec2kisv_vztlzDpxTY543mlhN1vcg
JqLOKpwlgc88M5OilrpMH-tejSD2vcpTxx7bOJhf2Q3KIXJS1eZJeuELpQWTcdjPbqwm
bbF65kd-mDLQB4B5b6lPlWtTismQtGaNcG_9s9fp22QPHdJfkewcxmmOxZPSEBZgeQ

Last edited:

RobAl33

Apr 1, 2013
North Lincs, UK
Looks great I've been after an app that does this.

Many thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Hey just rebooted my phone. It seems it doesn't save my selection. I'm on JB 4.2.2.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Khoral

Nov 4, 2008
Noisy le Sec
Seems like it could help me handling unwanted notifications...

But it says that my device isn't compatible with this version on the Play Store.

I'm running a 4.1.2 ROM on my Galaxy S3 (Omega ROM) so I should be eligible, as far as I understand.

I don't know what else to say to help you identify the problem, let me know what you need.

Thanks for your help anyway, and for the app :)

düstaaa

Dec 13, 2011
Schuttrange
Hey,

same problem here, I can't download the App on my GS2 (which I am using atm), but I can do so on my old Xperia X10 mini pro ;).

The app simply doesn't show up in the market.

Edit: Seems logical that if I'm on my main rom (which is 4.0.4) I won't be able to install it...

Last edited:

RavenPanther

Mar 30, 2013
Will this work for system notifications such as "External Storage Inserted" which comes up on my Asus Transformer Infinity whenever I have my microSD card in (which never comes out)?

prratha93

Aug 25, 2012
Can you make it compatible with 4.0??

Is there any way you can make it compatible with 4.0 devices. It will be awesome to have. Especially for those people who are stuck with 4.0 forever. :p

I know the notification control system is not present in ICS but I wonder if root can help in this scenario.

Thank you :D

:good: Great Job :good:

Last edited:

d_bizzzz

Jan 11, 2012
I have been looking for something like this ever since discovering JB has option to turn off notifications ...

BIG THANKS TO U !!

Usually Autostarts program prevents most apps running automatically in the background, but some still seem to run & pop up with useless notifications

I don't suppose anyone knows what process, that may be visible in Autostarts, would be responsible for kicking an app into action when it decides to prompt a notification ?

diogo.sena

Apr 7, 2011
Can you do something like "BackgroundDataOff" too? (very useful for limited data plans)
You can merge both functions in one more generic app.

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
absolutely fantastic idea!!! As soon as this app reaches the Play Store, please let me know! I'd love to review this for my YouTube audience! I'm really looking forward to it!

mcnamaragio

Dec 26, 2011
www.aboutmycode.com
absolutely fantastic idea!!! As soon as this app reaches the Play Store, please let me know! I'd love to review this for my YouTube audience! I'm really looking forward to it!

The app is already in the Play Store: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aboutmycode.NotificationsOff I am also working on an update which applies changes without restarting and it will be live either today or tomorrow so you might want to wait for that ;)

Last edited:

mcnamaragio

Dec 26, 2011
www.aboutmycode.com
Seems like it could help me handling unwanted notifications...

But it says that my device isn't compatible with this version on the Play Store.

I'm running a 4.1.2 ROM on my Galaxy S3 (Omega ROM) so I should be eligible, as far as I understand.

I don't know what else to say to help you identify the problem, let me know what you need.

Thanks for your help anyway, and for the app :)

What message do you get when trying to install it from web browser?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I want to introduce my application "Notifications Off" for controlling application notifications in a centralized way. Instead of toggling notifications for applications individually from the settings screen you can update the settings for all applications from one place. As the feature was introduced in Jelly Bean obviously it only supports Android 4.1 and up.

The app can also automatically disable notifications for new applications as soon as they are installed.

Keep in mind that root is required for the application.

Feedback, suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Google Play Download Link

rOPeo6a8THaSaJXn8sWFjNWRI2ikqam_Qy1oxec2kisv_vztlzDpxTY543mlhN1vcg
    JqLOKpwlgc88M5OilrpMH-tejSD2vcpTxx7bOJhf2Q3KIXJS1eZJeuELpQWTcdjPbqwm
    bbF65kd-mDLQB4B5b6lPlWtTismQtGaNcG_9s9fp22QPHdJfkewcxmmOxZPSEBZgeQ
    New Update Available!

The biggest new feature is 'Profiles' which allows you to preconfigure multiple profiles and switch between them with a single click on a shortcut on launcher. You can also schedule the profile to become active by creating task in Tasker.

Get It Now!
    Now that's handy. Great job. Thanks

s2rootbox......