[Q] Stuck in 3G, have to switch to 4G manually... why?

Search This thread

falenus

Nov 8, 2008
Hello,

Recently my HTC One's antenna began acting strange. I flashed LiquidSmooth 3.0 beta with the provided Nuk3K3rn3l for m7spr. My phone was stuck in roaming and after calling *226, my phone apparently successfully activated itself to Verizon.

I've since reflashed back to a stock ROM/kernel, and while my 4G connectivity works fine, it will default to 3G any time it gets the chance and won't automatically switch back. I have to go into my settings, switch the GSM mode, and then switch back to CDMA/LTE (PRL) and 4G works perfectly. It will do this no matter what ROM/kernel I'm running.

Do I need a new RUIM? Do I need to reset my PRL and if so, how? Or am I just ****ed?

falenus

Nov 8, 2008
The phone is an m7vzw, the kernel provided in the thread was an (allegedly) modified m7spr kernel. Thanks for the responses, that was what I figured... $11 mistake I suppose lol

gonzalezb

Aug 13, 2012
Bentonville
New sim freind had same issue

A new sim card will fix this issue hoped this helped.

Hello,

Recently my HTC One's antenna began acting strange. I flashed LiquidSmooth 3.0 beta with the provided Nuk3K3rn3l for m7spr. My phone was stuck in roaming and after calling *226, my phone apparently successfully activated itself to Verizon.

I've since reflashed back to a stock ROM/kernel, and while my 4G connectivity works fine, it will default to 3G any time it gets the chance and won't automatically switch back. I have to go into my settings, switch the GSM mode, and then switch back to CDMA/LTE (PRL) and 4G works perfectly. It will do this no matter what ROM/kernel I'm running.

Do I need a new RUIM? Do I need to reset my PRL and if so, how? Or am I just ****ed?