isis

Search This thread

ericsmart

Apr 16, 2011
any way to make Isis work since it won't work on rooted phone or other options?

bobcat987

Mar 31, 2011
Someone may eventually come up with a workaround but I'd just use google wallet, it's better anyhow.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
When I got my g3 at the Verizon store, the usually pretty knowledgeable sales guy told me I needed a new sim for the g3, that my old vgnexus 4gLTE sim would work (yes, it did) but with that old sim in I would NOT have any NFC at all. No google wallet, no Isis, no bump to share, Nada. He said that is because the new sim enabled NFC on the Verizon LG G3.

He also said I would need ISIS, since it was going to succeed where Wallet had obviously failed. Hard to like Verizon, isn't it...but that unlimited grandfathered data...sigh.

litrekid

Sep 5, 2010
I'm still using my SIM from my galaxy nexus and I have used Google wallet many times with my g3.

I'm pretty sure with wants goin on in Iraq Isis will be getting a new name soon.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

bobcat987

Mar 31, 2011
When I got my g3 at the Verizon store, the usually pretty knowledgeable sales guy told me I needed a new sim for the g3, that my old vgnexus 4gLTE sim would work (yes, it did) but with that old sim in I would NOT have any NFC at all. No google wallet, no Isis, no bump to share, Nada. He said that is because the new sim enabled NFC on the Verizon LG G3.

He also said I would need ISIS, since it was going to succeed where Wallet had obviously failed. Hard to like Verizon, isn't it...but that unlimited grandfathered data...sigh.

I can believe that a new sim needed for NFC to access the Secure Element, but standard NFC should work independent of the the sim (at least it did on my galaxy s3). Wallet only "failed" because all major carriers, save for Sprint, locked them out of the Secure Element to begin with. NFC Host Card Emulation, introduced in KitKat, solves this problem and permits Wallet to work on any phone with KitKat and NFC. Even if ISIS worked on rooted devices, I would not use it because of the dirty tactics it was born from.

Reactions: eallan

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Same here. I have no intention of ever running ISIS or whatever they change the name to. I use Google Wallet routinely and prefer merchants that accept it, including gas stations.
Works with all my Nexus devices, even the old Verizon Galaxy Nexuses once they are upgraded to KitKat via Roms like CM or Vanir.

ericsmart

Apr 16, 2011
Yep, RootCloak is awesome. I personally use Google Wallet, except on small purchases since ISIS is doing the "spend $1, get $1 back" promotion until the end of December now. So a $1 drink at McDonald's ends up costing me $.08 (NY sales tax) haha.

right, we are cheap :sly:

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010
I can believe that a new sim needed for NFC to access the Secure Element, but standard NFC should work independent of the the sim (at least it did on my galaxy s3). Wallet only "failed" because all major carriers, save for Sprint, locked them out of the Secure Element to begin with. NFC Host Card Emulation, introduced in KitKat, solves this problem and permits Wallet to work on any phone with KitKat and NFC. Even if ISIS worked on rooted devices, I would not use it because of the dirty tactics it was born from.

Verizon blocks use of the NFC secure element in the phone for things like Google wallet. There is a secure element on the SIM for ISIS. Verizon argued to the acc that they could certify the secure element in the phone was safe so they block it's access to their network. You can beam photos and stuff phone to phone....but anything done with it over the air must use the secure element on the SIM. I know there was a class action lawsuit against Verizon for this becaus they have a financial interest in blocking Google wallet vs making us use ISIS.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
So, the newer Google Wallet doesn't seem to require access to any secure element, on phone or sim, anymore since KutKat, right. The Verizon guy was just wrong, Wallet and bump to share would have worked fine with the old sim, just not ISIS ?

tech_head

He lied. You might need a new SIM for ISIS because they store the secure element in the SIM not the phone.
Wallet emulates secure element now and doesn't need secure element on the phone or the SIM. The only real requirement is that you be running KitKat because touch to pay doesn't work on any older version of the OS.

NFC is built into the phone.
If you want ISIS on a rooted phone use Xposed and Root Cloak.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

any way to make Isis work since it won't work on rooted phone or other options?
    Isis works if you install xposed with root cloak module.
    root cloak then it is!
    work like charm.

Yep, RootCloak is awesome. I personally use Google Wallet, except on small purchases since ISIS is doing the "spend $1, get $1 back" promotion until the end of December now. So a $1 drink at McDonald's ends up costing me $.08 (NY sales tax) haha.