[Request] script to get into download mode

Search This thread

michael0702

Jul 21, 2010
I know there is a script to get into recovery mode, anyone know if there is one for download mode, or can someone make one, for the phones not able to use 3 button combination. ?

ivanchin99

Aug 13, 2010
12.My phone cannot enter download mode or recovery mode using the buttons combos. What can I do?
Some batches in various countries seem to not have this feature. Whether this is an intentional change made by Samsung or simply a software error is not completely clear. While some Samsung offices see it as a softwarebug and are claiming that they will release a software fix, others do not acknowledge the issue and so not replace phones without the fuction. If you are one of the unfortunate group who cannot use the button combos (VolumeUp+Home+Power for recovery and VolumeDown+Home+Power for download mode), you can use the commands "adb reboot recovery" and "adb reboot download" to get into the respective modes (See Post#3 for a step-by-step tutorial on using ADB). However, if you cannot enter download mode by using the button combo, you will NOT be able to recover from a failed flash! Since this is a rather common occurance, I strongly advise you NOT to flash your phone using the adb reboot download command!

Read the big faq

BackfireNL

Nov 11, 2009
Haarlem
Ok i have a small script for you to use! but read the WARNING below!

IF the flash fails... you won't be able to restore or reflash your phone and it WILL be bricked. Because your not able to go into download mode anymore.

So use it at your own risk (generally flashing is pretty ok and safe with odin and it has never failed for me!) But thats just my experience. If your pc crashes or you get unlucky any other way.

Anyway script is in this post! Download it but don't spread without a warning it because it is very dangerous and similar to Russian roulette.

Instructions:
1) Put phone in USB Debugging
2) Connect Phone
3) Download script and unzip it somewhere
4) open Reboot recovery.bat

jodue

Dec 15, 2009
vienna
also you could just use adb. i guess this is what BackfireNL's script does, so just to give you all the information:

Code:
adb reboot recovery

or

Code:
adb reboot download

is what you want ;)

ivanchin99

Aug 13, 2010
And it must be said, since you dont have access to the 3 button combo, you have only ONE shot of getting this right.

michael0702

Jul 21, 2010
Thx, this is just what I was looking for.
I have flashed my own sgs tons of times, never had any problems, this is to be able to flash a friends phone(lacks 3 button comb.)

krisz222

Jun 27, 2010
I have the same problem and i tried adb reboot download, but not working.

It worked with rooted firm, but without the 3 button i cannot root the new firm, so this command not works.

Any useable advice?

krisz222

Jun 27, 2010
sorry for my last message

i was able to flash the new firm because i used this command

but now adb refuse it, i thought its because its not rooted...

but now i have "no way out"....cannot flash recover or root...

a new kernel can fix this? or what should i do?

Aery

Aug 5, 2010
USB-Debugging enabled?
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB-Debugging