ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

bmb1983

Feb 26, 2012
so i got /dev/block/mmcb1k0p3 /system ext4 RW in ICS leak!

hi! this is my first post and really my first time trying to contribute and mess around with the adb commands! After upgrading to ICS i had to try to root it! sooo...

#mount results in this:

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=orde
red 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1
,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=
1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /system/vendor ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,da
ta=ordered 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,d
efault_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc
harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
shell@android:/data/local #

i beleive i have rw access to the system directory but am embarrased to say that i don't know how to copy my updated su library to /system/bin or even if thats my next step.

any help appreciated!

Update:
So after bashing around some more i have been able to achieve full root...sort of. :) i have root now even after shutdown/reboot which is great! Superuser works, but wont write to system, busy box installed too...but i loose RW to /system/ everytime i restart or make anychanges to the system files. how do i keep the system folder rw without having to --> mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcb1k0p3 /system/ <-- everytime i want to change a system file?

thanks! :D

Last edited:

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
hi! this is my first post and really my first time trying to contribute and mess around with the adb commands! After upgrading to ICS i had to try to root it! sooo...

i beleive i have rw access to the system directory but am embarrased to say that i don't know how to copy my updated su library to /system/bin or even if thats my next step.

any help appreciated!

Update:
So after bashing around some more i have been able to achieve full root...sort of. :) i have root now even after shutdown/reboot which is great! Superuser works, but wont write to system, busy box installed too...but i loose RW to /system/ everytime i restart or make anychanges to the system files. how do i keep the system folder rw without having to --> mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcb1k0p3 /system/ <-- everytime i want to change a system file?

It's better if you continue that discussion here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1512787.

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
Doodle jump works fine for me.

My wireless disconnects after a period of time, even though I have set it to not sleep when plugged in.. Anyone else seeing this?

For some reason it thinks my accelerator is in landscape mode, so when I try to play the game the Doodle guy keeps moving to the left and its just unplayable.

jhsband84

Feb 10, 2011
Dolphin browser only shows bookmarks or toolbox with a swipe about 10% of the time for me. Can anyone else report the same oddity?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Regarding Dolphin's lack of swipe response, I think it is a sensitivity issue with my screen post upgrade.

Ajtaji

Jan 6, 2012
I did a fastboot oem unlock while in the bootloader and it returned with acer logo on screen and Ok on the cmd. I suppose this is good?

bmb1983

Feb 26, 2012
fastboot oem unlock doesn't work, after acer logo displays you have to type fastboot continue to get it to finish boot. :)

and..."it's better if you continue that discussion here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1512787"...

I would love too! but i have to post atleast 10 times before i can post replies in the development sections! oh well! :cool:

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop

#mount results in this:

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=orde
red 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1
,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=
1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /system/vendor ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,da
ta=ordered 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,d
efault_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc
harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
shell@android:/data/local #

any help appreciated!

Update:

Could you PM me with the details of how you got rw access. If you have in fact done it.

tyronelouie

Feb 23, 2012
Found out a bug that didn't happen on HC....

When you install Yahoo Messenger and their Plugin(to enable video and voice chatting) instead of the camera reflecting you, it does sideways.

Matt1408

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Anyone notice a delay with the screen turning on while in stand-by?

Feels like I have to wait a second or so. However if I turn it back on immediately after turning it off then there is no delay.

ED2O9

Sep 2, 2009
To me it sounds like a blind dog farting carelessly into a yellow megaphone with a blown speaker in a dark and empty hallway in sunny Philadelphia on a 3 day weekend during a record breaking high temperature summer season.

Sent from my MIUI Evo 3D

Strange... mine distinctly sounds like a burnt sienna megaphone.

On a serious note, I noticed some strange stuff using the Dolphin HD browser. Set to desktop view, several site which worked fine under HC now show up as mobile. ESPN was the first one I noticed. If anyone else is running ICS with the Dolphin HD browser, please let me know if you're getting the same thing.

Thanks

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Strange... mine distinctly sounds like a burnt sienna megaphone.

On a serious note, I noticed some strange stuff using the Dolphin HD browser. Set to desktop view, several site which worked fine under HC now show up as mobile. ESPN was the first one I noticed. If anyone else is running ICS with the Dolphin HD browser, please let me know if you're getting the same thing.

Thanks

My Dolphin HD is set to Desktop and it still loads The Verge in all it's desktoppiness.

I'd say the stock ics browser is fairly fantastic, but the fact that there is no way to permanently set it to a Desktop user agent then all it does is infuriate me. I'm shocked that Dolphin HD is this good even now.

matthewschaefer83

Feb 29, 2012
Acer A100 Sd cardless flasn ICS?

I read many threads that talked about flashing without a sd card. But we all know the acer A100s little boot lock makes things odd sometimes. I am a super noob, first post ever here. I have no sd card and can tazts the ice cream already! I have my update. zip sitting in a safe place on my tab for now, where do i go from here? Tried putting it in the /sd and rebooting into recovery (volume and power) and just got android with explamation point!

I bope i even posted this question correctly, anyone see it? :(

Attictron

Aug 18, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I read many threads that talked about flashing without a sd card. But we all know the acer A100s little boot lock makes things odd sometimes. I am a super noob, first post ever here. I have no sd card and can tazts the ice cream already! I have my update. zip sitting in a safe place on my tab for now, where do i go from here? Tried putting it in the /sd and rebooting into recovery (volume and power) and just got android with explamation point!

I bope i even posted this question correctly, anyone see it? :(

Unfortunately, I think the only way to do it is with an external sd card.

Reactions: matthewschaefer83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.
    i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk