[MOD] "dirty" crt-off animation for htc ICS 3.32 builds

Search This thread

Iamhero123

Jun 7, 2010
Nope, nothing that I've found yet, except a tiny one where in if you switch the screen off whilst still on the lock screen, the animation will play, then the lock screen will flash up for a split second before the screen fully switches off.

Last edited:

misterthomas32

Oct 25, 2011
I'll gave it a try and unfortunately I came to the conclusion that I can't live with the glitches :( I only get glitches when I unlock my device, not when I lock it. Anyways the animation is simply beautiful!

lifeisfaked

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Bit of a weird suggestion, and I'm not sure how feasible it is, but there's an app in the Google Play Store called 'Screen Off and Lock' which does exactly what we want, i.e. it plays a CRT-off animation then switches the screen off, but the catch is that you have to launch it from the app or from the status bar.

Is there a way that someone could make a mod that links the power button to running that app?

Here's a link to the app btw

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
The one called old tv I think, the one that tries to look like the proper CRT animations anyway. Looked dump.

lifeisfaked

Dec 29, 2010
Nottingham, UK
It looked okay to me! Either way, it doesn't look like we're going to get it linked to the power button lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

mikrosmile

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2011
Moscow
Hi, I am really interested in this mod.
Does it work in some of roms with sense 3.6? which rom?
How we can port it from CM9?

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
It apparently doesn't work with sense ROMs yet since HTC removed some important bits from the framework to allow it to work.

mikrosmile

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2011
Moscow
I just thought about it the whole day
There is an app screen off and lock and it works prefectly.
Just curious...is it possible to put this apk into system, then make for power button special code to use this program instead of stock way to lock the screen?
Anyway the app works with search button and so on..but why we cant use power button..?

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
I just thought about it the whole day
There is an app screen off and lock and it works prefectly.
Just curious...is it possible to put this apk into system, then make for power button special code to use this program instead of stock way to lock the screen?
Anyway the app works with search button and so on..but why we cant use power button..?

If it's the app I'm thinking of, the effect doesn't look anywhere near as good unfortunately, and only works for screen off. The CRT animations worked for on and off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We need a dev who can compile a compatible hwcomposer.msm8660.so because I can't do it myself (I don't have enough C skills)

Hello,

after a long work I have enabled crt-off animation on htc ICS build! I call it "dirty" because:
    -there is only crt-off, not crt-on
    -in order to make it work I swaped hwcomposer.msm8660.so with one from Tr**N** OS, witch cause display bugs.

As you can see, htc has remove animation in services.jar AND in hwcomposer.msm8660.so library!

You will find two flashable zip, one with moded services.jar and hwcomposer.msm8660.so and one with stock files.

TO DO:
    -enable crt-on
    -add settings to enable/disable animation (maybe...)