help in porting ROM

Search This thread

Tarun93

Feb 2, 2013
Mumbai
hi guys m a utter noob about porting n this is the first time i will try doing it i have rooted phones flashed custom ROMs etc etc
now i got a new Xolo Q700s i wanna port Cherry mobile Fuze ROM on it can i do it ? the oonly difference is the front cam and the battery both have same MT6582M 1GB RAM 8 MP camera screen res and another thing is i cant get the stock rom for Q700S anyway online can someone point me a way where i can get the system boot recovery etc .img files ???

hi guys m a utter noob about porting n this is the first time i will try doing it i have rooted phones flashed custom ROMs etc etc
now i got a new Xolo Q700s i wanna port Cherry mobile Fuze ROM on it can i do it ? the oonly difference is the front cam and the battery both have same MT6582M 1GB RAM 8 MP camera screen res and another thing is i cant get the stock rom for Q700S anyway online can someone point me a way where i can get the system boot recovery etc .img files ???
Without the stock rom, it is so risky to test custom roms, almost impossible.
But if you can flash TWRP or CWM, you can backup your stock rom to restore everytime you fail.
I suggest you to find the custom recovery first.
Use this Mobile Uncle Tools (MTK tools) to flash custom recovery, the most easy way to flash recovery for MTK devices. If you want to know how to use it, go to www.kokoandroid.weebly.com and follow the step 2,3 and 5.
Good Luck in porting rom. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Tarun93

Feb 2, 2013
Mumbai
Without the stock rom, it is so risky to test custom roms, almost impossible.
But if you can flash TWRP or CWM, you can backup your stock rom to restore everytime you fail.
I suggest you to find the custom recovery first.
Use this Mobile Uncle Tools (MTK tools) to flash custom recovery, the most easy way to flash recovery for MTK devices. If you want to know how to use it, go to www.kokoandroid.weebly.com and follow the step 2,3 and 5.
Good Luck in porting rom. :fingers-crossed:

could not find cwm for my phone so did a self mod and got CWM working in the q700s made a backup of my Stock rom which can be flashed with sp flasher n not i m off for porting thanx for the help anyways

capc1989

Mar 29, 2014
could not find cwm for my phone so did a self mod and got CWM working in the q700s made a backup of my Stock rom which can be flashed with sp flasher n not i m off for porting thanx for the help anyways

Please Help!

After trying to do a partition on my Cherry Mobile Thunder ( a.k.a. MicromaxA91) (2GB of 4GB internal), then I tried to restore factory settings to complete the partition, when It restarted It got stuck in the bootlogo, I got it bricked, Tried to flash my stock rom with TWRP, it failed, Cleared Cache - Failed, Cleared Dalvik Cache Wipe - Failed, tried to Reboot & Restore Factory Settings - still Fails and Prompts " No OS Found, Continue Reboot?" then asks for installing SU, FAILED, Tried to Flash it with ADB - but just pompts "waiting for device" I'm running out of options PLEASE HELP!

Tarun93

Feb 2, 2013
Mumbai
Please Help!

After trying to do a partition on my Cherry Mobile Thunder ( a.k.a. MicromaxA91) (2GB of 4GB internal), then I tried to restore factory settings to complete the partition, when It restarted It got stuck in the bootlogo, I got it bricked, Tried to flash my stock rom with TWRP, it failed, Cleared Cache - Failed, Cleared Dalvik Cache Wipe - Failed, tried to Reboot & Restore Factory Settings - still Fails and Prompts " No OS Found, Continue Reboot?" then asks for installing SU, FAILED, Tried to Flash it with ADB - but just pompts "waiting for device" I'm running out of options PLEASE HELP!

download sp flash tool from HERE

download the stock rom for your phone which can be flashed via sp flash tools

for more info here a link that might help you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982587

hope that helped pal

Last edited:
Reactions: capc1989

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please Help!

download sp flash tool from HERE

download the stock rom for your phone which can be flashed via sp flash tools

for more info here a link that might help you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982587

hope that helped pal