[Review] SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive -OTG

Search This thread

magooody4ever

Nov 12, 2014
plus.google.com
if your running stock without root then you need to format the drive to NTFS and use ES file explorer to transfer files.. Worked for me :cool:
I have bought a new one , I just transfered some files from my laptop to the drive, when connect the stick to my nexus 5 I haven't found any drive attached , even with ( sandisk memory zone ) is not detecting the drive ..
My nexus 5 still with stock ROM , no root.

Do I have to format the drive or there is another solution ..?
Any other apps could work without root..?

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

if your running stock without root then you need to format the drive to NTFS and use ES file explorer to transfer files.. Worked for me :cool:
I have bought a new one , I just transfered some files from my laptop to the drive, when connect the stick to my nexus 5 I haven't found any drive attached , even with ( sandisk memory zone ) is not detecting the drive ..
My nexus 5 still with stock ROM , no root.

Do I have to format the drive or there is another solution ..?
Any other apps could work without root..?

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Using es file explorer, bringing up the left tab and choosing local shows the drive just fine out of the box.
But does anyone know it's path name? As it doesn't actually appear under device/mnt

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 5

nsx-r

Oct 25, 2006
Hi, just got Nexus 9 and is still stock. How do I get my Sandisk OTG to work there ? Is it change file to NTFS and ES Explorer ?

mayurh

Jul 8, 2010
Johannesburg
guys i recently tried my cousins sandisk ultra dual
i used es file explorer.it found the usb stick but didnt allow me to view the contents
im not sure if my cousin had ntfs or fat32....
i want to get one of these but need to make sure which partition type to use

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
guys i recently tried my cousins sandisk ultra dual
i used es file explorer.it found the usb stick but didnt allow me to view the contents
im not sure if my cousin had ntfs or fat32....
i want to get one of these but need to make sure which partition type to use
I literally just took it out the box and plugged it in my N5 and it works through es straight away

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 5

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
Wanted to use one of these to access music,but have any of these also got the ability for me to play my music and also be connected to a charger?

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
No... But you could use a wireless charger?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk (the older 4.9.5 not that new 4.10 abomination they released for god knows why reason)

Reactions: marvi0

Hansil

Jul 12, 2014
ERROR

I recently Bought a ScanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive 64Gb Flash Drive, I owe a Nexus 5 running Cyanogen 11

why doesn't it support my phone, also I'm unable to connect it through my OTG cable,

My Phone does recognise the USB disk, but it disconnects it immediately,

Also i tried using my drive on my friend's Phone (Micromax Canvas Knight) it works perfectly with n without OTG cable.

also im able to connect my old normal USB Disk with OTG cable.

Can't understand what's wrong with it.. :confused:

Please Help.:crying:

Last edited:

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Because it's formatted exfat?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk (the older 4.9.5 not that new 4.10 abomination they released for god knows why reason)

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Does the kernel support it NTFS?

rainbow99

May 30, 2009
sorry to dig up an old thread. I got the otg drive recently and tried to install the sandisk memory zone. The app can detect the otg drive but does not allow back up to it. If i try to copy files using es file, I can do so. Any idea what could be the reason? The app can do auto backup which is useful. Thanks.

Twink_mufc

Jul 8, 2015
USB 3.0 / 2.0 for a nexus 5 ?? Pls help

If you're running stock, you need an app to mount it. If you don't have/want root, nexus media importer should work. If you have root, stickmount works well.

I had the corsair voyager go (before I lost it, grrrrrr), and it was great. A bit bigger but USB 3.0 and very fast on my laptop with USB 3.0 (140MB/sec reads, 16MB/sec writes).
However, it was slower in TWRP than a cheap verbatim usb 2.0 slider model with otg cable in creating a backup.
Write speeds within Android OS were at 14-16MB/sec, very respectable.
Which USB port is better for A nexus 5? 3.0/2.0 pls help

pinhead97

Jul 20, 2013
Southampton
Gonna ask here cause it was previously talked about but I still need some help with it.

I've been trying to get spotify to work on my 32GB Sandisk Dual usb drive, with no luck as of yet.

I did the steps as followed, but spotify seems to ignore where the cache should be on the usb and downloads songs to the phone still.

Anyone have any idea why? I'm stumped.

techboy411

Dec 5, 2015
I myself have this Sandisk Dual USB Drive (In the 16GB flavor).
It is very nice for transferring music, backed up APK's, etc.
I also have a Transcend 16GB 3.0/OTG drive, but it doesn't fit with my case!
ES (And Marshmallow) pick the drive mere instants i plug the drive in the device.
My mother bought this USB for my rooted (and can't-charge-while-on-cause-i-blew-the-charge-regulator) 2012 32GB Nexus 7 stuck on 4.2.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA friends today bought the SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive and was quite impressed with the performance of it and easy to use OTG function no more OTG cable and hassle just plug and play, so sharing my thoughts on the same as was keen to check out the first Sandisk dual usb drives after its announcements Feb. 11, 2014.

BENEFITS
    So,the dual USB Drives comes with a usb 2.0 on one end and micro-USB connector on the other,making it easy for file transfer between Android phone (supporting OTG) and PC. For people who are even looking for more space on their phone its a great option for them to grab one as per their need and load in music,videos,app etc.
    Another useful thing about the dual usb is you can use it with your custom recovery ex.TWRP or Philz and flash Rom zip and make backup of your current rom on the breeze just by plugging it to your android device no more hassle of connecting OTG cable just need app like StickMount or Nexus Media Importer from Playstore.

mkcfnt.jpg

25oxtkw.jpg

9px7j7.jpg

PACKAGING

Well the packaging as usual was in a cardboard type pack and easy to open .

1581axi.jpg
    2h655k2.jpg

AVAILABILITY

16GB, 32GB and 64GB

ORGANIZINZ FILES

Sandisk has come up with an app SanDisk Memory Zone available on Playstore
    SanDisk Memory Zone offers you more memory management functionality than any other application available for the Android phone.
    SanDisk Memory Zone puts you in complete control. Manage and backup both your local and cloud memory with one free app. Move files back and forth from your memory card to select cloud services, or from the cloud directly to your phone. Cloud services supported: Box, Dropbox, Google Docs, Picasa, SugarSync, SkyDrive and Facebook.

CONS

Well a good light usb drive and easy to use with dual support for pc and android device, but I found the USB cap to be bit messy to use as it comes with slide in functionality and is made of plastic and both the slot cannot be slide in at the same time as the slider gets stuck in between and to add on when in case of sliding back its bit tricky to lock the slider properly need a bit of finger effort to pull it back out.
    But I consider this better then losing the cap of the drive as the ones which comes with open cap functionality,I always tend to loose cap somewhere or the other so for me this drawback act as an advantage. :D

8zfwo6.jpg
    28mpvtu.jpg

READ WRITE SPEED
    Well you can see that in the pic as tested on my lappy, so you can conclude the rest

9j3x93.jpg

WARRANTY
    It comes with 5 years limited warranty.

WINDUP
    All in all a must buy !!!!

Got it from Snapdeal at just Rs 562 (16Gb Model) after ordering from snapdeal App and getting extra 100 off.
    http://www.snapdeal.com/product/san-disk-ultra-dual-16/1710432984
    I just want to confirm (sorry if I missed it) bit this requires root to use, right?

If you're running stock, you need an app to mount it. If you don't have/want root, nexus media importer should work. If you have root, stickmount works well.

I had the corsair voyager go (before I lost it, grrrrrr), and it was great. A bit bigger but USB 3.0 and very fast on my laptop with USB 3.0 (140MB/sec reads, 16MB/sec writes).
    However, it was slower in TWRP than a cheap verbatim usb 2.0 slider model with otg cable in creating a backup.
    Write speeds within Android OS were at 14-16MB/sec, very respectable.
    I bought the Meenova a few months back and I love it. Its similar to your SanDisk, but you can insert any size SD card into the Meenova. I like the fact that you can keep all the Rom backups on it. Also very cool to be able to watch a movie while it's plugged into phone. You can't go wrong with either USB OTG's.

NEXUS 5
    I bought the Meenova a few months back and I love it. Its similar to your SanDisk, but you can insert any size SD card into the Meenova. I like the fact that you can keep all the Rom backups on it. Also very cool to be able to watch a movie while it's plugged into phone. You can't go wrong with either USB OTG's.

NEXUS 5

The meenova is interesting for sure. My only real gripe with it is the full USB adapter looks like a complete afterthought and ruins the form factor for me. I wish the meenova was slimmer as well.
    I have the Kingston micro duo on order, see if that works for me. I much prefer having both connectors on the drive at all times.
    for normal use i use stickmount with super su for easy permission granting and recovery does need any special software just install multirom twrp set ip up and you are good to go
    Ok, many thanks! i'll try :D