Car dock for Flex?

Search This thread

dgomez720

Mar 24, 2011
Amarillo, TX
OK, so I've searched all over but I haven't seen an actual Car Dock for the LG G Flex. only universal mounts pop up and I have one of those (my wife and i used to have matching HTC EVO 4G LTE's) and it doesn't sit or play well with that one mostly because of the Curve and size. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to find a good LG Flex based car dock? we take trips down south to Austin from Amarillo a lot but it's a pain having to reach down in to my Jeeps cup holder and look away while i check GPS or change song. just curious

bryanizmir

Jul 6, 2012
Schenectady
Curious about this as well.

One thing I have found (however dangerous and unsafe as it may be) is to use a mouse while driving. Using a OTG cable with a wireless mouse helps me keep much more focus on the road. Much better that reaching up to the phone and touching the screen imho. With the flex I have many times knocked the phone out of the bad-fitting car dock I have when I touch it, creating a dangerous situation. Hence my switch to a mouse :)

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I got this universal mount sideways since I switch phones a lot. I adjust it so it's snug and don't even mess with the button to release it so it's easy to put in and take out. Our Columbus, Ohio roads suck and I've never had problem with it falling out. It's angled up so that helps. I tried at least 10 universal mounts and finally found one I like. I got it at Walmart.

I only mess with my phone when I'm at a light. I had a friend that died driving and texting.

IMG_20130124_135844.jpg

Last edited:

dgomez720

Mar 24, 2011
Amarillo, TX
I got this universal mount sideways since I switch phones a lot. I adjust it so it's snug and don't even mess with the button to release it so it's easy to put in and take out. Our Columbus, Ohio roads suck and I've never had problem with it falling out. It's angled up so that helps. I tried at least 10 universal mounts and finally found one I like. I got it at Walmart.

I only mess with my phone when I'm at a light. I had a friend that died driving and texting.

IMG_20130124_135844.jpg

I'm going to have to buy one of these and give it a go. My jeep doesn't have hands free, but I don't mind using my aux cable to use through my speakers.

dgomez720

Mar 24, 2011
Amarillo, TX

lostsoul77

Jul 6, 2010
Pittsburgh Pa
looks like im saving up for this. dont know how useful NFC will be for me but as long as i dont have to look down, ill give it a go. Thank you!

"The Intelligrip NFC-powered car dock adds convenience to your NFC-enabled mobile devices by launching your favorite apps and settings based on your preferences, all with the help of an embedded NFC tag in the smartphone holder. Just place your device in the NFC-enabled dock and the embedded NFC tag will launch your commands and switch between the profiles that you have created using the Trigger or NFC Task Launcher app."

bumgee

Aug 2, 2014
Flex dock

I use a cd slot mounted dock and it works great. Slip it into your cd slot, tighten the tightner thingy, set phone in dock and away you go!

Search Amazon for "Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices"

shwnr11

Jun 26, 2014
I'm going to have to buy one of these and give it a go. My jeep doesn't have hands free, but I don't mind using my aux cable to use through my speakers.

I've got this same one......they also make it with different mounting bases. Like one that mounts to the cars a.c. vents and another with extended arm. Holds the phone really tight and very easily usable to insert phone into and take out of.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts