Sensory Overload - The First 3D game for the HTC Touch Diamond

Search This thread

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007
SensoryOverload.png

A few days ago I published the Managed OpenGL ES wrapper. As a proof of concept, I went so far as to create a simple game for the HTC Touch Diamond that utilizes the G-Sensor, Nav Sensor, and the 3D hardware capabilities of the device. The end result is a simple "Asteroids" type game I call Sensory Overload.

The game is simple:

• Move the ship by tilting the device.
  • Don't run into an asteroid.
  • Blow up the asteroids into tiny pieces.
  • When an asteroid spawns (it will be faded out), you have 5 seconds to get away from it before it can hurt you.
  • Rotate the Nav sensor clockwise to fire a bullet.
  • Rotate the Nav sensor counter clockwise to fire a spray of bullets. You can only use this special ability once every 5 seconds.
  • Asteroids spawn every 15 seconds.

This is mostly intended as a demo or proof of concept to provide other developers starting ground to create their own amazing games for the HTC Touch Diamond.
Known Bugs:

• Small asteroids are hard to explode. The bullets travel "through" them between repaints, so they never actually collide. I may fix this in the future.

Go to www.koushikdutta.com to download the full source and the CAB file for game.

Last edited:

CutePinkSox

Dec 5, 2004
London
Excellent mate - this is good dev... and a step in most definitely the right direction. Good job.

Should have maybe put it the orig thread thats stuck don't want this to get lost ???

Ximoon

Jul 9, 2008
Paris
www.yaronet.com
Nice shot !
The game is difficult to master, but well, it demonstrates quite well enough what you're able to do with all those sensors.
Good job, and keep going !

Last edited:

KukurikU

Nov 23, 2006
Rehovot
i didn't even download the game (yet) but before i'll do it i have to say: thank you!
i love and appreciate anybody that try to/or develop something for the diamond.
i'll be back with comments....;)
keep them coming!:)

kalross

Dec 13, 2005
Liverpool
I think it needs bigger asteroids to make it harder ;-)

Good work. Great to see development moving forward.

K

horstborsch

Jan 4, 2008
Looking forward to "real" games. This demo is really well done, nice and smooth movement controls! Gratz!

an123

Jan 30, 2008
thanks kaushik...nice game and appreciate the effort ur making to develop stuff for the diamond

zaesteves

Aug 3, 2008
Paris
You put your finger in the center button and you turn it clockwise (1 shot) and counter clock wise (several shots)

Realy nice developement !!!

XoRDy

Apr 28, 2008
Hello,

I want to try to develop some games in Windows Mobile, I know a lot of PHP, a little C, C++ and JAVA, and now I'm learning C#.

I've got Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition I've done some simple applications for WM, such as a money conversor, and a little calculator...

But it doesn't let me open the source of this game, do I need Visual Studio 2008 for opening it?
I think that could be the problem because I only have the images of Windows Mobile 2003 SE :S

What do I have to do?

I would appreciate any help I would get... Thank you!