Video for those interested in the Galaxy S and the first Custom Rom MCR R1

Search This thread

Geryatrix

May 12, 2010
Northampton
Thanks for the video, as a newcomer to Android, these informative vids are invaluable.

I'm looking forward to a simple run through of how you did it, as if it is simple enough, with little room for errors, I could be tempted if only to fix the GPS.

shawn_pro

Jul 1, 2010
Mumbai
Hey i just wanted to ask whether u used the modaco's prebaked ROM (free) or the online kitchen where you have to pay for the service.

mark99uk

Jun 27, 2010
I got my Galaxy S a couple of days ago and had a couple of problems which I managed to fix. Now it works great! I flashed MoDaCo's MCR 1 and did the stall fix.
Here's a video for those interested in how the phone works with the first custom rom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RYugWwN4R4

thanks for the video

you say it is the best android you have used... what have you used before?

its just that, even with this modaco rom.. it still doesnt look from the video to be as snappy/fast as the HTC Desire.... the galaxy s should be more snappy given its better processor and gpu

aeo087

Jun 24, 2010
Portland
To answer a couple of questions:
1. You do not have to root the phone, the MoDaCo rom roots the phone for you, you do need to have flashed the latest firmware JFB.
2. I used the pre-baked, but I will donate to be able to make my own...
3. I've used the Evo, Nexus One, G1, Behold II, moment, and the Incredible.

aeo087

Jun 24, 2010
Portland
"it's just that, even with this modaco rom.. it still doesnt look from the video to be as snappy/fast as the HTC Desire.... the galaxy s should be more snappy given its better processor and gpu"

I do think it's snappier than the Evo or Incredible (haven't used the desire).
I'll make a video with Launcher Pro, the UI is even smoother than with my TW.
You also have to remember that Android does not use the GPU for regular UI purposes, so the faster GPU shouldn't make a noticeable difference; If find that the galaxy s is faster when it comes to handling live wallpapers and the app-drawer. I also have no lag when launching or closing apps.

Last edited: