[APP] Quick Agenda

Search This thread

roflharrison

Retired Recognized Developer
Quick Agenda is a highly customizable 4x1 agenda widget and a "popup" agenda for quick access to tasks and calendar events from various apps.

What is it:
  • Widget
  • Shortcut to Quick Agenda endless scrolling agenda view showing events and tasks
  • Ics (ical) handler (can send and receive ical files)

The widget is customizable in the following ways:
  • Choose 1 event to show from your calendar or task applications
  • Show the next upcoming event
  • Countdown to one event and show 2 or 4 upcoming events below it
  • Show 3 to 5 upcoming events in a classic agenda widget style
  • Show the "date" as a countdown or as a date
  • Choose an image as the background from your gallery

The Agenda view has:
  • Tasks from various task apps including calengoo, astrid, ssi gtask, dato gtask etc
  • Calendar entries
  • Swipe actions

Calendar support:
  • Google (and the offshoots of sony, lg, motorola droid)
  • Touchdown exchange

Task support:
  • Calengoo
  • Due Today
  • Various gTasks apps (Dato, SSI, GTO)
  • Astrid

Current dev version attached

New features:
  • Use today/tomorrow strings
  • Show date once preference
  • Customizable "No events" string
  • Sleep function

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.everybodyallthetime.android.quickagenda
My website: http://quickagenda.me

Attachments

• quickagenda3.jpg
    quickagenda3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,027
  • quickagenda2.jpg
    quickagenda2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2,765
  • qa4.jpg
    qa4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,594
  • QA3.jpg
    QA3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,182
  • device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,594
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,639
  • QuickAgenda-zipped.apk
    620.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

roflharrison

0.9.3-Beta now on market, various fixes to update logic and import/export ics files.

Multi row widgets now allow you to choose the top row and show upcoming for the others (settings->widget->event mode->chosen top, others upcoming).

Choose a row by opening the Quick Agenda, tap and hold then press "choose event"

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
I was looking for something to replace Smooth Calendar widget and after I tested few other, I tested Quick Agenda.

It was a litle pain to understand how to configure it, but after I managed to set it, I have to say that it is the agenda widget I was looking for!

It is working very good in my system (look at my sig ;)).

Feedback left on Android Market (John - Apl 17)...:)

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Hard to make suggestions as I'm starting to get used to the settings...:)

Meanwhile, I think I found a little bug: I had four appointments for tomorrow and using the left side panel (Quick Agenda) I changed the day to April 20.
The display was refreshed ok after a minute.
After that, using again the Quick Agenda menu, I changed the dates again to April 23, but the displaying appointments were not refreshed (they were on April 20).
So, Quick Agenda had the 4 appointments showing on April 23 but the main widget menu was showing them on April 20 (when I clicked on each one to edit, the date was on April 20).

After I opened the settings menu for widget and for Quick Agenda and closed it, the display was corrected to April 23.

Something else I want to ask for, if it is possible to select a span for the days ahead which is going to be displayed in widget (e.g. only the following 3 days, etc.)

Thanks in advance
:)

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Maybe would be a good idea to have a service running in the background to make possible to change immediately the widget contents when an event changes or in an addition/deletion of an event (in Smooth Calendar there was the selection of auto update (for the widget) which started the background service)

roflharrison

Maybe would be a good idea to have a service running in the background to make possible to change immediately the widget contents when an event changes or in an addition/deletion of an event (in Smooth Calendar there was the selection of auto update (for the widget) which started the background service)

Yep, an ugly content observer doing something its not supposed to the background is the way I will be doing it :)

Should get to it later this afternoon or tomorrow, I will try to make it steal as few resources as possible!

roflharrison

Done, this new setting is available in market (along with the "event look ahead"/span of days feature and other enhancements). It is sort of hidden in customize widget->update settings->Refresh on change (at the bottom).

Let me know how it goes!

Reactions: jolas

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Done, this new setting is available in market (along with the "event look ahead"/span of days feature and other enhancements). It is sort of hidden in customize widget->update settings->Refresh on change (at the bottom).

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks.
I'm going to test it and tell you how it goes :)

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Early first impressions

After installing new beta, I have to remove old widget and set all over a new one :(

The worse: I was almost done with my settings and I was in Quick Agenda's setting page. I pressed the bottom selection ('Widget setting') and I had Force Close :(

Every time I press the above selection it gives Force Close (the message it gives is:
"The application QuickAgenda (process com.everybodyallthetime.android.quickagendatrial) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

roflharrison

Oh no! Sorry about your settings, I will be adding a restore feature soon to load settings from other widgets (I should probably add tis function first next time).

I think I have fixed the widget settings button (uploaded a new version to the market just before). Does it fix fit?

EDIT: PM'ed you my email address, maybe we can recover the prefs

Last edited:

roflharrison

I realized yesterday, that I think this app has an identity crisis.
  • Its not quite a popup agenda app
  • Its not quite an agenda widget app
  • Its not quite a count down widget app
  • Its not quite an ical handler app

It has all these functions though they are all muddle together.

The 2nd and 3rd are easy, remove the "single row" option from the current widget and make another widget called "countdown". But this could also be a separate application.

The first one is hard. I could release Quick Agenda as just the agenda popup and allow other applications (such as a new countdown widget app or new agenda widget app) to interface with it or I could leave it built in to this weird Frankenstein app I have already created.

The last one should be in all my apps :)

Any opinions?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick Agenda is a highly customizable 4x1 agenda widget and a "popup" agenda for quick access to tasks and calendar events from various apps.

What is it:
    • Widget
    • Shortcut to Quick Agenda endless scrolling agenda view showing events and tasks
    • Ics (ical) handler (can send and receive ical files)

The widget is customizable in the following ways:
    • Choose 1 event to show from your calendar or task applications
    • Show the next upcoming event
    • Countdown to one event and show 2 or 4 upcoming events below it
    • Show 3 to 5 upcoming events in a classic agenda widget style
    • Show the "date" as a countdown or as a date
    • Choose an image as the background from your gallery

The Agenda view has:
    • Tasks from various task apps including calengoo, astrid, ssi gtask, dato gtask etc
    • Calendar entries
    • Swipe actions

Calendar support:
    • Google (and the offshoots of sony, lg, motorola droid)
    • Touchdown exchange

Task support:
    • Calengoo
    • Due Today
    • Various gTasks apps (Dato, SSI, GTO)
    • Astrid

Current dev version attached

New features:
    • Use today/tomorrow strings
    • Show date once preference
    • Customizable "No events" string
    • Sleep function

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.everybodyallthetime.android.quickagenda
    My website: http://quickagenda.me

Let me know how it goes!
    Here is a build that works on Icecream Sandwich: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21587776/QuickAgenda-zipped.apk

I haven't tested it on pre icecream sandwich devices yet so buyer beware.

Let me know if you notice any preference/calendar widget mixups :)