[App][Game] LittlePiano - testers welcome

Search This thread

pl.ayground

Sep 15, 2010
www.ayground.pl
Hi,

I have recently created a Piano app which is available in Android Market as LittlePiano (free app).

It has 13 keys with multitouch interface.

The multitouch seem not to work great for two fingers nearby on HTC Desire - it is much better when they are not touching nearby keys.

Also - there is a "follow me" guide with few sample melodies.

I would highly appreciate a short test report on how it works on other devices.

Also if you want you can share your song (as long as it fits in 1 octave) using the following notation:
CDEFGAHV (this are the white keys)
cd fga v (this are the black keys)
please provide a title and if it seems a valid melody I will add it in some future releases.

Thanks in advance for all test reports!

Last edited:

flashman2002

Aug 8, 2010
Derby/Wichita Kansas
AT&T Captivate

Mulit-touch was non-existent for me. It was slow between key presses. Very simple UI which would be good for my kids. Not a bad start once you are able to figure out the multi-touch issue. :)

pl.ayground

Sep 15, 2010
www.ayground.pl
Thanks for feedback flashman. I am sorry to hear multitouch does not work for you. It works like charm on an HTC Desire I used for testing. Works = allows two touches at one go with only the issue the the phone does not match fingers location when they are nearby or when third is pressed.

Could you please elaborate more on the slowness you notice ... does sliding the finger from one side to another does not result in a nice passage and some keys do not play? Thank you for your help.

Also - anyone else with another device who is willing to share feedback? Thank you in advance!

CTR01

Jan 19, 2011
Seattle
just saw this and downloaded it!

I tried it on my rooted G2/vision with stock rom and it worked fine. Multi touch = 2 fingers and plays two different sounds and can slide finger across screen too!

...however some issues:
1)when 2 keys are pressed at same time one of them stays yellow but the other one turns back to normal color.

2)not sure if its the application or my phone speaker but hitting keys really fast and doing lots of multi touch produces a small crackle/snap sound at the end of some notes.

Otherwise a very good start! good luck!

lollazzo

Oct 15, 2009
I have a htc legend and when 2 keys are pressed at same time one of them stays yellow but the other one turns back to normal color.
Tnx forum the app

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
Multitouch doesn't work on Samsung galaxy S can't be the harware and it doesn't work if I press the note one by one too fast

PS: To add more notes you could try to add a scroller that allow to scroll on a fulll keyboard

Johnny Paranoid

Dec 29, 2010
Waterford, MI
SGS Captivate

Multi-touch doesn't work. When two keys are pressed at the same time it only plays one key and that one stays yellow and locks up the app for a couple seconds before turning back to white and allowing further play. Sliding finger up and down keyboard is fairly responsive and smooth. Would also be nice if it allowed for playing of major and minor triads (aug. & dim. would be nice too). ;)

Good start. Look forward to updates/fixes.

nyunyu

Jul 25, 2008
www.astronyu.com
Looks like a great app. One thing though, it got 5 stars in market but no reviews? I tried to drop a review but can't seems to find the option that let me make a review.

dalegg

Oct 11, 2010
Rooted Original Droid

I have a rooted original Droid with the Project Elite Rom. I get no sound at all from this app....nothing. I have the Media Volume at max and still nothing.
Any ideas?

annona

Dec 25, 2010
good app

nice app for chidren.
multitouch works on Motorola Droid, but sometimes one note plays with delay.
And after taking fingers off the screen one button still yellow.
I don't know how it can be done but for melody studing you need to show notes length.

Sweet Peaches

Oct 15, 2010
This is so cute! I love this application! :) I have an HTC HD2 with Android installed on it and as some have posted when you touch two keys at the same time one stays yellow but if you touch another piano key the one that's stuck in yellow turns back to normal, no big deal for me. :) But it doesn't always happen when you touch two keys at the same time, once again thank you for the piano application now I can leave my mom's iPhone alone. :)

thor17

Jan 30, 2006
Works great on my HD2. Also get the snap/crackle when the keys are pressed rapidly. Get the same stuck yellow key on multitouch but it's just a visual problem as the sound still works fine and it goes away as soon as you press the next key. Only suggestion is to put the Info and Options buttons in the menu and make the keys full screen.

Last edited:

21productionz

Feb 12, 2008
Works great on my MT4G, me and my daughter were just learning to play a couple of songs. Great app. Thank you for your hard work, my daughter said thank you also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not found in market :(
    Send apk to pm ... please
    I have just uploaded new version with 5 instruments (piano, guitar, trumpet, bells and percussion) - hope you will be able to find it now - look for "Little Piano" in the Market - as of now its the second search result.