[CLOSED][ROM][UPDATE: 04/05/2012][bROM v1.2][CLOSED]

Search This thread

b_randon14

Jan 3, 2011
Somerset, KY
Downloads

Thread closed because I no longer own this device. The download links no longer work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

b_randon14

Jan 3, 2011
Somerset, KY
Screenshots

Thread closed because I no longer own this device. The download links no longer work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

b_randon14

Jan 3, 2011
Somerset, KY
Changelog & Bugs

Last edited:

Fodoom

Jan 6, 2011
Looks great! I haven't themed yet so I'm looking forward to this.

Sent from my rooted Moto Triumph

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I am okay with this :p Don't go too heavy on the gradients, otherwise it'll look a little goofy...then again this is one of the most themed phones I've ever used, so don't take my word for it.

Also expecting that weird black box in a couple of the pictures will be gone by the alpha releases...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

b_randon14

Jan 3, 2011
Somerset, KY
Its not gingerbread. The cm7 builds still have some issues and plus I don't build from aosp . I only build off stock ROMs. I feel you compromise some functionality when going the aosp route. If moto/cm releases an official gb update then I will build off that. For now it has umph kernel but eventually it will have it's own!

Sent from my OC'ed Triumph!

b_randon14

Jan 3, 2011
Somerset, KY
Okay so sorry for the long delay in getting the beta out. I have a version I am willing to release as a beta test to my beta testers. I had to fix a wifi issue, and clean up alot of little bugs bothering me. If you want to receive the beta, please email me and I will send you the link.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING!!!!

Code:
Hopefully if everything goes right I will have the beta release uploaded  by tomorrow. I might have had it today, but I spent a great deal of  time trying to repair the Windows 7 bootloader on my laptop which is  what I dev on. But everything is up an running now so I should have it  out tomorrow.

A note to testers, make sure you make a full nandroid backup(I suggest using CWM 5.0.2.3 at least to do this).

Also make sure you make a tar of your /hidden/data partition, or backup  the bootanimation, shutdown animation, power-on sound, and the  content.xml and setting.xml located in /hidden/data/CDA/. To do this you  can use RootExplorer to make the tar, or use ES to make a zip or copy  the files over to the sd card. Of course when you go to copy them back  later you'll have to reset the permissions on them.

Next you will want to have a copy of your current recovery handy unless  you want to stick with CWM 5.0.2.6 because thats what my ROM installs.

Lastly you will want to copy your splash.img out of the image folder in  the fat partition(mounted when you plug in while in bootloader/download  mode).

Whenever you test it out, please try out all the included apps, and also  try out your favorite apps and make sure everything play's nicely.  Really put this ROM through a work out, and pm bugs you have found to  me. Make sure they are actual bugs and can be replicated!

All this applies to this beta test. Please note this will alter your /hidden/data partition and will change your splash.img and recovery.img, all of which are not backed up by a nandroid, so you will want to back these up before flashing my ROM. If you have any questions about this ask me in the pm asking to test it out and I will be glad to help instruct you on the best way to back it up!

Also I am currently working on getting bKernel up and running. I have a stock kernel with sio and vr i/o schedulers and a couple different govenors applied(but i'm running into some snags on some of the govenors) and my brother and I are working on merging DoomLords OC/UV setup into our kernel. This is not included in the beta, its just umph v1 oddball. But eventually I will get a release version of my kernel.

b_randon14

Jan 3, 2011
Somerset, KY
Okay so I am posting screenshots of v1.1. It is like a week or two away, and should be a vast improvement over 1.0. I believe I have got all the bugs fixed, but I will be pushing out beta tests to some of my testers real soon to make sure it's dialed in!

917c461f8fbcb03a3e3815582f8ba857bbf0a1fb513e41ef497b9eb0df842af16g.jpg

66823a315c0f79ca643c4adfbab534d4cf4c7244a8ce5ab86eec269cf9cbf83b6g.jpg

d1072ca0b24268ecfd5aa8e237778763ea6f18be34b05454fddbdedc2af1393d6g.jpg

62cd9faf549f7e1d78e999c40dd1971243935f78f35163877f361ebfa86cb63b6g.jpg

zr2ee

Mar 17, 2009
American Fork
great job on this man, been trying it out for a couple of days and its pretty silky smooth, only issue was i couldn't get the phone to power down it would just reboot, netflix force closes, also it seems my 3g isn't working...didn't notice it really until today since i'm most always on a wifi connection. does this rom address the prominent headset volume issue the stock rom had?

zr2ee

Mar 17, 2009
American Fork
great job on this man, been trying it out for a couple of days and its pretty silky smooth, only issue was i couldn't get the phone to power down it would just reboot, netflix force closes, also it seems my 3g isn't working...didn't notice it really until today since i'm most always on a wifi connection. does this rom address the prominent headset volume issue the stock rom had?

fixed the 3G and force close issues with a re-flash. looking forward to your next release

Haro912

Jul 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just flashed on my girlfriends phone good work. Looks good.

Sent from my Revolting Revolution. Powered my mtmichaelson.

zr2ee

Mar 17, 2009
American Fork
It won't work through the power menu, you have to do it the old fashioned way, turn off your phone and hold both volume keys with the power button

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to v1.1

Hey everyone!

I apologize for the long delay between releases! But alas... here is bROM v1.1!!!

I removed alot of uneeded stuff and got rid of every bug I believe. As always, if there are bugs or general issues you run into, please post them here!

Please be sure to read all the beginning posts so you understand how to install for best results!

If you have any install questions or any questions/issues feel free to pm me here!

Thanks to all for the continued support!

Enjoy v1.1!!!
    I updated the ROM to v1.1.5. It is a minor update. I changed it to set the correct permission on /data/app, so no more app install issues. I also updated Google Maps to the latest one, added Barnacle WiFi tether, and removed some unneeded library files from the ROM.

I have included an update from v1.1 to v1.1.5. It will go and make sure /data/app permissions are correct, add Barnacle WiFi, update Maps, and remove the unneeded lib files, as well as update the build.prop to reflect the v1.1 to v1.1.5 change. I have also updated the add-ons for both build.props so they will show the correct version number and build time. This is for use only if you are currently on v1.1!!

If you have not flashed any of these ROMs, or went back to another ROM, follow the ROM install like normal and ignore the update zip, it is only for people currently running v1.1!!

If anyone has any questions about the update install or the full ROM install please post them or PM me!!

Thanks to everyone for the support, bug reports, etc.

Enjoy! :)
    I updated the ROM to 1.2. Changes include:

Added more build.prop tweaks(from klehman215's post)
    Changed the up_threshold to 75% set for the ondemand governor in my tweak script
    Added a script at boot to move the dalvik-cache from /data/ to /cache/ in order to free up space. It will only move it if it's not already there, or if you clear the dalvik cache. To move it back, remove the execute permissions from the script, clear the dalvik cache and reboot.
    Changed the splash image, and boot and shutdown animations.
    Changed the background on the dialer.
    Updated the Google Music app to the latest Google Play Music app
    Added a silent.mp3 notification tone to the system/media/notifications folder