[ROM][OC][11-22-11] Doomed Froyo V2.0 + Doom Kernel V0.2

Search This thread

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
This ROM is a fork off of Thriller V1.0.3, THANKS to gtg465x for making such a nice ROM to work from.

It is themed by TrekFan so all credit goes to him for designing a great theme.

FEATURES:
Everything from Thriller V1.0.3 see thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261704

Improved Network Speeds
Uses Googles DNS Servers
Better GPS Lock on and Network Location Accuracy
Includes Doom Kernel 0.2 Which improves speed a lot
Now OC to 1.18GHz

Launchers:
Choice of 2 can uninstall with Titanium Backup.

LGHome
TWLauncher (will post link later)

HOW TO INSTALL:

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ASSUME YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED AND HAVE CWM INSTALLED AND KNOW HOW TO USE IT IF YOU DON'T PLEASE SEARCH AND DO SO BEFORE ATTEMPTING!

YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE OR DATA!

1) Download the zip here:

V2.0 http://www.multiupload.com/BH9P1OPF42

V0.1.1http://www.multiupload.com/HZM466Y8LS

2) Put the zip on your external SD card.

3) Boot into CWM with Vol Down+3D Camera+Power.

4) BACK UP YOUR CURRENT ROM!!!!!!

5) Perform Factory Wipe

6) Install zip from SD

7) Reboot and enjoy!

How to change dock icons on TWLauncher

1) Go into your app drawer (app list menu) and press the "Menu" capactive button

2) Choose "edit" in the menu that pops up at the bottom

3) Drag any icons you want to the dock, you can switch app drawer screens by swiping left to right.

Don't like the OC kernel? Go ahead and flash back to stock below.

CREDITS:
gtg465x for Thriller ROM
Trekfan422991 for the Theme and a bit of inspiration
tekahuna for the OC modules

Changelog:

V2.0 Added Doom Kernel 2.0
Doom kernel adds OC to 1.18GHz and many speed tweaks, memory tweaks, net tweaks and more.

V0.1.1 - Updated framework-res.apk

Doomed Froyo Slim V2.1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19616999

Attachments

• return-to-stock-kernel.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 258
  • lcddensity200.zip
    141 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
R

RootTheNoob

Any screenshots? And is the the theme that has the landscape problems, the Lunar theme? Btw if it is that theme it should have credits to Lunar's creator. Otherwise, good job.

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Seems my upload keeps failing in the middle.... I will get this up no worries please be patient. In the meantime I will upload some screens.

emj1s

Mar 18, 2008
Houston County
This makes me happy seeing someone else trying to dev for this phone. anyone got any good resources on learning to cook for android. Ive found info on writing apps but not the roms themselves.

Urabewe I would love to help you in any way possible. Beta, theming, and once i figure it out kernel work. PM me...

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
First Post updated with Franlov Kernel version, stock version coming up.

My main project:

Spring Water Froyo Source Project

Building Froyo from source with LG source code which will get around any ATT crap that they did. Plus, it seems that a lot of what LG did actually isn't in the source because building from source you get none of the LG based apps, you get Launcher instead of LGHome etc. I have already gotten a successful build, it's just a matter of getting it to boot because they only supply the open source elements, I have to put the drivers/firmware and other things in there that are proprietary and not provided. Once I can get it booted I can start editing the actual source code. Plus, getting away from the stock ROM will be nice.

Everything I learn I am going to put into the GB update once we get that. I am hoping to get a full stable working from source Froyo build BEFORE the GB update if I don't, then all focus will be diverted to GB instead and I will work on getting a stable version of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gr8Danes

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
Great job guys!!! Looks very nice. Looks like I know what I'll be doing tonight.......some well overdue flashing. :D

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
This makes me happy seeing someone else trying to dev for this phone. anyone got any good resources on learning to cook for android. Ive found info on writing apps but not the roms themselves.

Urabewe I would love to help you in any way possible. Beta, theming, and once i figure it out kernel work. PM me...

I can honestly say that the best tutorial I had was trial and error. I never really looked at any tutorials.

If you go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167623

This is a tool that will help you A LOT in editing, decompiling, compiling and a lot of other things. It will get you to the point to where you can edit, it won't edit anything for you though. You might need a few tutorials on that one :)

I will shoot you a PM here soon, busy right now well posting, uploading and I STILL haven't gotten back to my source build, it's just sitting there... all lonely... neglected... poor poor thing...

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Both versions now up, there may be an update sometime tomorrow and working on yet ANOTHER surprise for everyone. Keep your eyes posted you never know when a new release, update or apk will be uploaded.

OK, time for a bit of a break then dive into Spring Water project. I hope everyone enjoys having at least a small amount of variety now and I plan on keeping things fresh as much as I possibly can.

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
Just flashed, booting up now and greeted with a pretty cool boot animation. I like it already. Keepin' me on my toes.

Found a minor bug already. When you use the android keyboard, there is black on black text when you press the keyboard button, it doesn't show the letter you pressed.

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Thanks for posting, noticed that too, there are a few things that still need to be finished up tell you the truth. Just felt it was ready for beta since it was pretty stable.

BTW gr8danes which did you flash stock kernel or franlov?

Last edited:

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks for posting, noticed that too, there are a few things that still need to be finished up tell you the truth. Just felt it was ready for beta since it was pretty stable.

BTW gr8danes which did you flash stock kernel or franlov?

I flashed franlov. I noticed that Quadrant scores over 3k now where I was regularly score a max of 2670.

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
The black text on black was my bad... I coppied the wrong images sorry... Fixed in next build.... Are there any other problems with the theme..?

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G...

Last edited:

AeRo0

Dec 19, 2007
Awesome news! Im glad a new rom is here. :) ill flash when I get home 2nite. I was getting rom flash withdrawals ;)

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Can we get more info about the alternate kernel?

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Put some info and a link to where the kernel came from in first post. I was up basically all night last night messing around with stuff got a few hours sleep then started again. Just to build froyo it took about 2 hours on my laptop which is all I have, the first time it didn't build correctly so had to do again second time finished completely. So that was about 5-6 hours just compiling and what not. I will post more info and everything tomorrow along with an update thanks to trek who is fixing the black on black keyboard problem and adding some eye candy. I will probably slim down the rom a lot of stuff isn't needed. Hope to have more for everyone soon. Right now, Im calling it an early night and getting some sleep.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is a fork off of Thriller V1.0.3, THANKS to gtg465x for making such a nice ROM to work from.

It is themed by TrekFan so all credit goes to him for designing a great theme.

FEATURES:
    Everything from Thriller V1.0.3 see thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261704

Improved Network Speeds
    Uses Googles DNS Servers
    Better GPS Lock on and Network Location Accuracy
    Includes Doom Kernel 0.2 Which improves speed a lot
    Now OC to 1.18GHz

Launchers:
    Choice of 2 can uninstall with Titanium Backup.

LGHome
    TWLauncher (will post link later)

HOW TO INSTALL:

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ASSUME YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED AND HAVE CWM INSTALLED AND KNOW HOW TO USE IT IF YOU DON'T PLEASE SEARCH AND DO SO BEFORE ATTEMPTING!

YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE OR DATA!

1) Download the zip here:

V2.0 http://www.multiupload.com/BH9P1OPF42

V0.1.1http://www.multiupload.com/HZM466Y8LS

2) Put the zip on your external SD card.

3) Boot into CWM with Vol Down+3D Camera+Power.

4) BACK UP YOUR CURRENT ROM!!!!!!

5) Perform Factory Wipe

6) Install zip from SD

7) Reboot and enjoy!

How to change dock icons on TWLauncher

1) Go into your app drawer (app list menu) and press the "Menu" capactive button

2) Choose "edit" in the menu that pops up at the bottom

3) Drag any icons you want to the dock, you can switch app drawer screens by swiping left to right.

Don't like the OC kernel? Go ahead and flash back to stock below.

CREDITS:
    gtg465x for Thriller ROM
    Trekfan422991 for the Theme and a bit of inspiration
    tekahuna for the OC modules

Changelog:

V2.0 Added Doom Kernel 2.0
    Doom kernel adds OC to 1.18GHz and many speed tweaks, memory tweaks, net tweaks and more.

V0.1.1 - Updated framework-res.apk

Doomed Froyo Slim V2.1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19616999
    does anybody have mirror for this rom?
    care to share, I lost my files and so all my roms are gone

http://www.4shared.com/folder/lsRxbpAU/Thrill_roms.html

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium
    If it converts to EXT4. How do i go back. In Galaxy S we had to flash manually with Odin from PC to restore file system to Samungs rfs. Can i just restore my stock backup?

Sent from my thumb using Tapatalk

Sorry for getting back to you so late on this...

No it doesn't format to ext4 it just enables support and after a few attempts at building the stock kernel, it looks like stock has that support as well which makes since because GB uses ext4 they would have to include ext4 support unless they plan on updating the kernel as well which from looking at other att GB phones they run 2.6.35.7 as well
    More themes to come...

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G...
    First Post updated with Franlov Kernel version, stock version coming up.

My main project:

Spring Water Froyo Source Project

Building Froyo from source with LG source code which will get around any ATT crap that they did. Plus, it seems that a lot of what LG did actually isn't in the source because building from source you get none of the LG based apps, you get Launcher instead of LGHome etc. I have already gotten a successful build, it's just a matter of getting it to boot because they only supply the open source elements, I have to put the drivers/firmware and other things in there that are proprietary and not provided. Once I can get it booted I can start editing the actual source code. Plus, getting away from the stock ROM will be nice.

Everything I learn I am going to put into the GB update once we get that. I am hoping to get a full stable working from source Froyo build BEFORE the GB update if I don't, then all focus will be diverted to GB instead and I will work on getting a stable version of that.