Anyone on Rooted NC4 and Safestrapped?

Search This thread

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I was on MJE rooted and safestrapped. No problems. I put SuperSu in survival mode, took the OTA...knowing full well the bootloader issue (I had played with NC2 with NC4 modem for a while and had tons of issues)...I am still rooted on NC4 no problems doing anything rootlike...except Safestrap 3.72 will not set the boot up to give me the choice to recover or continue no matter what. So I even tried Safestrap 3.73...when I install the recovery...3.73 says it completed and shows "installed" But still no choice at boot time.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
I was on MJE rooted and safestrapped. No problems. I put SuperSu in survival mode, took the OTA...knowing full well the bootloader issue (I had played with NC2 with NC4 modem for a while and had tons of issues)...I am still rooted on NC4 no problems doing anything rootlike...except Safestrap 3.72 will not set the boot up to give me the choice to recover or continue no matter what. So I even tried Safestrap 3.73...when I install the recovery...3.73 says it completed and shows "installed" But still no choice at boot time.

How did you get SS 3.73? It's not even listed in Hash's thread...

RomsWell

Jul 10, 2011
Venice

U need to have busybox installed for kitkat safestrap

LRGDNA

Feb 12, 2012
Yea...I am for sure still rooted, just not safestrapped, I am still playing with it and was just wondering if anyone had already done so.

After reading your post I went ahead and tried to take the NC4 OWA with supersu in survival mode. It Worked! I was on stock mje, rooted with kingo and had a modded framework for tethering. I restored the backup of my stock framework file, then unfroze all of my apps. I put supersu in survival mode, disabled superuser, and turned default access to deny. I then enabled the install of the OWA and after the reboot I enabled supersu and just like that I still had root. So far no issues.

As far as safestrap goes, I didn't have safestrap before but I may try to install it to see if it works now. I'll let you know.

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
BusyBox is installed, and active, and SafeStrap checks for it and Safestrap says it's installed...but even hitting the Reboot to Recovery button does a "normal" reboot and I don't get the recover/continue option.

Third time is a charm I guess. I uninstalled the recovery, rebooted, reinstalled the recovery, hit the reboot to recovery and got to Safestrap just fine. And it now gives me the choice during reboot.

Vp8188

May 28, 2014
RicksROMbuild8/NC4

Im on "RicksROMbuild8" with NC4,root and safestrap still.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is like playing with fire lol

Root is to precious to me to mess around like this. Good luck tho!

Yea...I am for sure still rooted, just not safestrapped, I am still playing with it and was just wondering if anyone had already done so.