Picked up an old EVO and having some issues

Search This thread

k.savvy44

Apr 21, 2014
Portland
I picked up an EVO 4G LTE and was going to see if I can get it set up so i can give it to my son as his first smart phone but I am unable to access the phone. The ring does not pull up to unlock the phone. I am not familiar with sense as I have been on the note until moving to the lg g2. This phone is on 4.1, 3.16.651.3 710RD. I cannot even get the unlock token for the bootloader. I have not met a phone that I have not been able to root, unlock and customize yet and THIS PHONE!!! I am looking for anyone who might know a trick because I have been searching through these forums and others(which i normally never do). Please let me know if there is a fix or if this phone is scrap. Thanks

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Your screen issue sounds like a bad digitizer. As far as getting the unlock token, hit the top link in my sig and look at the links regarding how to root the device and make sure you're going through all the steps correctly.

Sent from my HTC device

Reactions: k.savvy44

k.savvy44

Apr 21, 2014
Portland
Thanks, I've went through the process multiple times. I will try again. The ring moves, just does not go all the way up. If the digitizer is bad then I may be it of luck. I had read on another forum where there was the same issue and that flashing a ROM had fixed the problem. I'll look it up but I don't think I'll be able to post the link

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
Hi you can try doing a factory reset in boot loader to see if that does anything about the lockring not going all the way up if it doesn't its the digitizer acting up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your screen issue sounds like a bad digitizer. As far as getting the unlock token, hit the top link in my sig and look at the links regarding how to root the device and make sure you're going through all the steps correctly.

Sent from my HTC device