Phone not booting up, dark screen, fear of bricking!

Search This thread

Goushique

Aug 25, 2014
Hello guys. I have this Amaway A725 Tablet which I have rooted a month before. I tried to change the boot animation, which was when my tablet started rebooting and stuck at boot screen. Then I managed to install device drivers for MTK 6572. Then I tried to boot into bootloader using adb reboot-bootloader. My tab switched off and now I cannot even switch it on. I fear that I would have bricked my tablet. Please help me.

totalnoob34

Hello guys. I have this Amaway A725 Tablet which I have rooted a month before. I tried to change the boot animation, which was when my tablet started rebooting and stuck at boot screen. Then I managed to install device drivers for MTK 6572. Then I tried to boot into bootloader using adb reboot-bootloader. My tab switched off and now I cannot even switch it on. I fear that I would have bricked my tablet. Please help me.

I don't know the device, but I don't think you can brick a device just by changing the boot animation.

Can you reboot in recovery? If so, do a full wipe

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I don't know the device, but I don't think you can brick a device just by changing the boot animation.

Can you reboot in recovery? If so, do a full wipe

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

A factory reset would not affect the boot animation in any way,shape, or form.

OP: You'll have to see if you can find the stock firmware somewhere. Unfortunately, with little to no documentation and not much incentive for manufacturers making cheap android stuff to bother with all that, it could be quite a task.

Goushique

Aug 25, 2014
A factory reset would not affect the boot animation in any way,shape, or form.

OP: You'll have to see if you can find the stock firmware somewhere. Unfortunately, with little to no documentation and not much incentive for manufacturers making cheap android stuff to bother with all that, it could be quite a task.
Yep I tried factory reset from the Android System Recovery, by pressing the Vol+ and Power Keys. But now I count switch it on by any means and key combinations and I cannot remove the battery because it is irremovable. But if I plug it into my PC Device Manager shows this device "MTK USB Port" connecting and disconnecting. So what do I do?

Goushique

Aug 25, 2014
Found the firmware and downloading it from Amaway.cn website. But what do I do now, how shud I flash it, bcoz my tab wouldn't start up by any means, no recovery, no fastboot, not even showing the charging status. Please guyz I totally depend on u, help me !!!

Goushique

Aug 25, 2014
Folks, tried using the MTk USB Port and Mtk Droid Tools, but how to get the firmware.info or pmt file for it?

Goushique

Aug 25, 2014
BROM ERROR : S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005)

[BROM] Can not pass bootrom start command! Possibly tartget power up too early.
[HINT]:

What do u mean by this???? I used SP Flash Tool v5.1348.00