[DISCONTINUED][KERNEL][GPL][13 JUN - r6] franco.Kernel 3.0.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cal75

Sep 8, 2006
Flash kernel cleaning and flash Franco kernel #2 with Rocket ROM v22. no luck,.bootloop non stop.
Back abyss v3.8, no boptloop.
Anyone got solution?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
i flashed V2 on top of Rocket Rom V22, without cleaning ANYTHING and there's no bootloop. Must be something on your end.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
This is just an observation report and not a complaint...

If I select SQlite in the kernel app I notice no difference in normal use but Antutu scores drop 1,800 points. I have replicated this many times by changing the setting and rebooting.

Using stock kernel settings (conservative etc).

PS I know... benchmarking blah blah blah.

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Linux kernel is free and it will ALWAYS be free.
When do you think you'll get around to posting the derived source? The source at the github link from the OP doesn't seem to have been updated - and actually appears at first glance to just be the N700 source unmodified from what samsung has posted. I wouldn't mind poking around to see what you've done (and might submit some pulls to you.)

Thanks
Gary

Reactions: mfractal

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
When do you think you'll get around to posting the derived source? The source at the github link from the OP doesn't seem to have been updated - and actually appears at first glance to just be the N700 source unmodified from what samsung has posted. I wouldn't mind poking around to see what you've done (and might submit some pulls to you.)

Thanks
Gary

Today :) I have to clean it up a little before I push it.

motumbo

Aug 7, 2010
New version of quadrant is out. I got 4560 with version 1 and 3200 with version 2. Guess which version I'd picked up.

notegalaxy

Dec 20, 2011
New version of quadrant is out. I got 4560 with version 1 and 3200 with version 2. Guess which version I'd picked up.

Im the same. Somtimea struggling to get above 3000! Other kernels are getting over 5000. Still the general responsiveness of this kernel to the user outweighs the benchmark decreases

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

smood74

Feb 22, 2008
I agree kernel works great so far. Everyday use and smoothness is much more important than benchmark scores. No current issues with overheating or stuttering. However would be nice for some OC :)

btw bought the app and looking forward to future updates! thanks!

notegalaxy

Dec 20, 2011
People having trouble on darky rom with benchmark scores. Reflash the kernel and scores will shoot up. Also found transitions to be smoother. Something didnt quite flash right from darky 3.3 for me so others may have similar isaues

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

PurpleMelbourne

Account currently disabled
Jul 24, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Franco your clear explanation in your OP is a godsend :)

I hope you will roll in the TUN device for use with VPN.

I'm testing now with Chracks's small V13. Here in Australia heat is a big issue for me. Probably a modem issue i'm guessing but fingers crossed its actually the kernel and you will fix the burn ;-)

Welcome to our community :)

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Yes, TUN (it's already enabled in the kernel, but I prefer to have it as a module) and CIFS are coming as modules, and they will be able to be loaded with my app. Undervolt will come as well I hope too. About Overclocking...I'm still not sure I want it. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock XXLPY/LPF only - confirmed and working. You Should not boot on AOSP/CM9 roms.

This is what my kernel is made off:
    * Initramfs with the usual stuff (root, CWM support, recovery etc) based on CF-Root LPY
    * Partitions properly mounted in the ramdisk to take the most out from the device
    * VM values tweaked up for maximum performance/battery
    * Conservative tweaked and made the default governor
    * I/O boosted - I/O dirty writeback system backported from 3.2
    * CFS scheduler tweaked for maximum interactivity
    * CFS Autogroup enabled
    * Deadline I/O scheduler by default
    * TCP Westwood+ congestion scheduler by default as its more suitable for this kind of devices
    * Kernel stripped of debug **** - the only debugs that stayed were: logcat, printk and kallysms (for Voodoo Louder support)
    * CRC32 library that is used by a lot of internal kernel mechanics completely patched up to the latest version
    * The usual Franco's magic
    * SLUB memory allocator
    * Wi-Fi power management - echo 1 > /sys/module/dhd/parameters/wifi_pm (this is only available with wifi is turned on. This boosts wifi signal and its specially useful for screen_off streaming, but it might waste a little extra battery)
    * Lots more to be seen on my repository

Changelog:
    r6:
    * All governors removed but one - pegasusq from Samsung
    * Merged gokhanmoral work on this cpufreq driver - all credits to him. Also cleaned up a defined but unused function
    * fsync() calls reintroduced to match stock behavior. The device actually runs faster/smoother with this enabled - also safer for data integrity (this has nothing to do with superbrick bug)
    * Disable mali-400 tracking debug
    * Merged two stability hotplug patches from mainline Linux kernel
    * Added two modules to userpsace where one can see how many times the CPU was hotplugged in and hotplugged out: cat /sys/module/stand_hotplug/parameters/ cpu_up_nr and cat /sys/module/stand_hotplug/parameters/ cpu_down_nr
    * Removed overclocking at all - it was causing heat and stability issues. If you want OC use Tegrak app
    * Some config cleaning

r5:
    * Added overclock to 1,6Ghz
    * Some fixups on cpufreq.c files on exynos arch directory
    * initramfs updated to CF-Root v5.6 - all props to Chainfire

r4:
    * Some Wi-Fi driver fixes (might help fixing those obtaining IP derps)
    * Tons of warnings fixed for a more stable kernel - don't we all want a clean compilation?
    * Compiled with special compiler flags for some extra bits of performance
    * Fixed a section mismatch - this warnings are one of the worse kind and can possibly lead to big problems. This one is fixed

r3
    * Removed MMC_CAP_ERASE - workaround to fix the superbrick bug - thanks Entropy512 for all the research and shared knowledge with us for this god damn bug
    * Re-activated dynamic hotplug - the system seems to run smoother with this option and according to Entropy it gives us lower idle drain specially while the system is holding a wakelock

r2
    * Initramfs fixed - recovery works, CWM works etc

r1
    * Based on Samsung update3 for ICS kernel 3.0.15 - it contains the hardbrick bug so flash at your own rish or just extract the zImage and to /data/local, fire up adb shell and type this: dd if=/data/local/zImage of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=4096 and then reboot
    * Contains all the features wrote above plus some small ****s available on my git
    * App will be updated in the next 12 hours with a full ICS layout plus tons of useful features. The current version won't load this new kernel version for ICS so don't bother checking it. I'll announce when the new app update is up

F.A.Q:
    1. My device rebooted or crashed, how can I help?
    A: Get me /proc/last_kmsg or logcat.
    2. Battery sucks, my device is not entering deep sleep. FIX PLOX!
    A: Fix it yourself, it's an app waking your device up not the kernel's problem. Also make sure you let your device settle for at least 2 charging cycles. Typically apps like Facebook and Google Maps can cause problems since they wake it up pretty much all the time
    3. Signal is dropping since I flashed the kernel, amg u sucks!
    A: The kernel has nothing to do with gsm/cmda signal. Make sure you have the latest radios
    4. Do I need to wipe anything when flashing this kernel?
    A: No.
    5. Does this kernel has X or Y mod?
    A: Learn to read, everything you need to know is in the features list, changelog or public repo.
    6. Don't use 3rd party init.d scripts!!!

franco.Kernel updater app for Galaxy Note features:
    #2.0
    * Completely re-written app
    * Ice Cream Sandwich theme
    * New CPU frequencies panel
    * Governor Control
    * Settings panel with Power Modes with my own specialized presets
    * XDA thread link in the menu button
    * Other settings and options

Download: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy%20Note/ (flashable with CWM recovery)
    (Thanks minooch for the hosting)
    franco.Kernel updater app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.franco.kernel.note
    franco.Kernel updater app from Android Pit: http://www.androidpit.com/en/androi...nco.kernel.note/franco-Kernel-for-Galaxy-Note

Sources: https://github.com/franciscofranco/GT-N7000-ICS-3.0.y
    I hope that my absence made my point clear. I will compile a proper new kernel and if I see dumb questions again I'll just stop building anything for this phone.
    Ok I've had enough of dumb questions or ideas that have been jumping around so this is going to be a angry post before I stop coming here helping others with pertinent questions/suggestions:

****ING SEARCH. "AMG WIFI NO WARK PLZ i NIID WIFI SUCK KERNEL BUBAI". No, how about you search a god damn **** for the first time in your life? Certain firmwares are having problems with wifi connecting even with stock kernel so THAT IS NOT A KERNEL ISSUE. I've been running Wi-Fi like a mad man since the source was deployed and it WORKS. Some users have fixed it by reflashing with a different program or wiping or whatever. Just search for once.

"HARDBRICK IS FIXED?!?!? PLX ANSWERZ ME NAO". Search the hell up. Thats one of the most covered topics in this thread or XDA in general. I've applied a workaround based on Entropy's suggestion and based on one Samsung engineer. It's NOT ****ing fixed, it's a workaround that might prevent it from happening. It's not confirmed. If you need more information search!!!

"OMG HOW THIS COMPARES TO SPEEDMOD KARNEL OR STOCK KARNAL?!?! TELL NOW" . Try it and see for yourself. This Kernel might give you super god mode on your Note or might not. My usage is different than any of you, for me its god mode, for you might be something different. JUST STOP ASKING THIS!!

"HOW DO I FLUSH THIS KARNAL?!??!?". If I see once more question like this **** I swear that I'll get you an infraction and reported to a moderator. IF you don't know how to ****ing flash then SEARCH. If you don't know how to search then bye.

I'm pretty serious. If this surge of idiotic questions keep coming I won't post again here besides updating the OP when I feel like it. This is for everyone, don't bother crying, I don't care. Use your brain for once.
    Franco is that kind of guy i guess, he's just ignoring people when they report bug :), same thing was happening with his GB kernel #10, i think there was at least 100 people tellin him that he has a problem with SOD and what he did? Nothing, just ignored them :D
    I guess now it's the same thing with WiFi :)

Sorry what are you implying? I have 3 ****ing kernels to manage and I actually provide full user support for the 3 of them not just post the kernels and kkthxbai.
    I also have apps to manage and fix which takes a ****ing lot of time.
    I do have a family and a girlfriend that actuly needs my attention as well.
    And im on university preparing my future.

Yet with all the above I still manage to deploy quality work. Complain? Do better please.

As for the wifi I said I have no issues. I cant reproduce I cant fix. I saw no logs no nothing only ****ing "amg no wifi fix plox".

And now Im going to lunch with a friend on the beach. Have a nice day.

Franco , Franco where r u ?
    Another big moment in Gnote history.

@Galaxy Note™…

I'm here. Time to go hardcore, I have a kernel and an app to re-program ;)