[ROM][AOSP][4.0.4] CM9 Kang *Updated 6/27 8:50pm*

Search This thread

ArcaneMethods

Jan 19, 2010
gapps not working

Upgrade from "ancient" 2/20 to 4/10

Wiped cache, wiped dalvic, installed rom and gapps linked to in OP. Rebooted ok. Play Store opens and immediately closes. Tried clearing Play Store data to no avail. Same with Gmail.

What should I do?

Thanks

tenzomonk

May 5, 2010
www.yourmamashouse.com
I dunno when exactly it crept in, but Torch.apk is present in the current build.
However, for me, it doesn't actually work. The software opens and acts as though its working fine. However, it doesn't actually make the LED flash turn on.
Was Torch ever working before? Not a major problem, just figured I'd post about it.

have seen it in a couple of builds... but has not yet worked for me either :)

ArcaneMethods

Jan 19, 2010
Wipe data, system, cache, davlik, flash, profit.

Do you mean "wipe data/factory reset" from CWM Recovery?

What will be left of my phone state after that? I've never fully understood this or seen a good summary.

If apps and data will be lost, I would appreciate a bit more detail as to the easiest way to get this update on my phone and return it to the current state in all other regards. I first installed this fantastic ROM on a virgin phone so a wipe was of no concern. Its virginity has been greatly sullied since then.

Sorry for such primitive questions but I'll bet I'm not the only one confused by this. :confused:

Thanks

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
Do you mean "wipe data/factory reset" from CWM Recovery?

What will be left of my phone state after that? I've never fully understood this or seen a good summary.

If apps and data will be lost, I would appreciate a bit more detail as to the easiest way to get this update on my phone and return it to the current state in all other regards. I first installed this fantastic ROM on a virgin phone so a wipe was of no concern. Its virginity has been greatly sullied since then.

Sorry for such primitive questions but I'll bet I'm not the only one confused by this. :confused:

Thanks

yes, please use wipe data in cwm recovery.. wipe wipes all data that is contained in the partition /data, which is app data.. nothing contained in ur sdcard is wiped with this process.. what this basically means is that any settings u have changed or any game saves u have will be deleted unless stored on sdcard of course.. i would greatly suggest to make sure ur contacts are synced to google (which they should be, since this is default)

flipp

Jun 20, 2007

i'd recommend using a backup utility like titanium backup (there is a free version) and do a full backup minus system apps (go to preferences, uncheck the system apps (apk))

if you have any game saves or what not they'll be restored once you restore from titanium backup. (as far as getting titanium backup installed on your phone before you sign into your google account and have all your market apps restored you can use something like appmonster to save the titanium backup apk or just wait till your resynced and then just apply your backup after everything has been downloaded from the market (play))

you'll also lose the layout of your homescreens. depending on what launcher you're using you can backup the layou and reapply after doing the wipe. (restoring widgets are a pita, right now i'm using nova launcher which doesn't restore your widgets but puts a place holder for them on your homescreens and once you click on one it walks you through the setups for each of them)

definitely do a nandroid backup before you do a full wipe cause at the very least you can go back to that instead of having to setup your phone from scratch again.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

(if someone else has an easier/quicker way to restore from a full wipe please chime in.)

Reactions: ArcaneMethods

winner00

Sep 27, 2010

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
@winner00

Thanks for sharing this project with the community and keeping it updated. This is the first cm9 package that has been stable on my device, no issues at all :cool:

Top Liked Posts