[ROM] Xtreamer Aiki 5" [MTK6575] [Discontinued]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mavvy4ever

Jul 12, 2007
As someone who has been following Xtreamer's way since their first worldwide gadget I am really looking forward to following how the Aiki will develop in the future since it's a totally new area for Xtreamer.

Rohit, I'm a MIUI user and I know your RGUI from the S2 and S3 sections so I hope there's some way to port MIUI to the Aiki too since I believe MIUI is kind of a revelation in usability and all compared to most stock ROMs and launchers. That would surely give the Aiki a boost in community awareness. Keep up the great work man.

Reactions: mr.DD

gh.rohit

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
Mumbai
www.rgui.net
As someone who has been following Xtreamer's way since their first worldwide gadget I am really looking forward to following how the Aiki will develop in the future since it's a totally new area for Xtreamer.

Rohit, I'm a MIUI user and I know your RGUI from the S2 and S3 sections so I hope there's some way to port MIUI to the Aiki too since I believe MIUI is kind of a revelation in usability and all compared to most stock ROMs and launchers. That would surely give the Aiki a boost in community awareness. Keep up the great work man.

Yes you will soon find miui on xtreamer :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mr.DD

iakovl

Jun 1, 2010
Tibirias
www.iopanel.net
Okay... Looks interesting, I'll should try and get one for review

Need to talk to firefds, he didn't tell me he was in on this

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

cmachado0

Dec 15, 2011
Acer gallant duo

Hello to all

Im xt client and thought a lote to buy xtmobile but a months a go i get the acer gallant duo and have the same chip but more ram ,but the rest is the same
Can i installe the xt rom?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am no more associated with Xtreamer, so i am not developing any ROM for Aiki5.

Dont PM for me for download link, please visit Xtreamer forum.

ROM is updated to V11, Deck OS 1.5
    Ok, I just hope sometime in the near future we will have it with a newer version!

Now, i was playing with the phone for a week now and i have to say i finally make it to have the phone with many apps in a good stable state, working very good so far, worth every cent. Since the phone is for gf (she was screaming that is HUGE but then after changing to the white model, which looks smaller btw!, she was ok with it), i was trying to set up the phone to a final stage with all needed apps.

After many MANY times reistalling ROM due to some apps that were making the phone unstable, i just want to share some good apps that working very nice with the phone, and couple of things to make it better in the future.

- ROM - I think lite version working better to set up the phone well
    - Launcher - Next Launcher (paid app) working good, and the phone looks very nice with it
    - Browser - Opera opening pages faster and way better than dolphin.
    - Swap SD - working nice IF you follow app2sd instructions NOT to install to external usb, apps marked with x in bottom right.
    - Multiling keyboard - very nice, having this slide space-bar thing to change language.
    - Clock widget - Default (with full ROM) fancy widget was bad. The clock was moving(!) to other screen, the minutes were moving close or over the hour(!) and other weird things. HD widgets (paid app) is perfect. Also have advanced clock widget to show only next alarm :)

Some things i couldn't change / find better

- Lockscreen - Default working better than anything i tried. I couldn't find a lockscreen that disable all 5 touch keys at the bottom. The fist button with the phone image, always unlocks the phone (when the lock screen is on). I'm ok with the default so far but any suggestions here are welcome. Can i add anything to the default lockscreen btw? I couldn't find any settings or something.
    - Handcent sms. Can not uninstall to try go or any other. Always running. I have to disable every single notification, and after reboot, i have to select the default sms app again (see below). Working ok so far anyway.
    - Alarm - Couldn't find a better alarm that works good with the phone (display next alarm in widget, disable stock etc). Suggestions here also.

Some things that need improvement (where applicable)

- GPS - Waiting v10 rom :)
    - WiFi - OK signal, could be better. One thing i noticed. Strength in setting shows full signal (i am sitting next to router) but the icon on top shows different (grey bars, only the dot is white).
    - Default programs - Every single time i reboot/turn off it doesn't store the default preferences for almost everything. You have to set the default again...
    - [added] - Brightness - There are 3 brightness steps. Steps 2 and 3 are almost the same. Auto brightness is not working as good. In dark places where phone should be in lower brightness, thats not the case. Lower brightness is still too bright! I believe this can be fixed. [/added]
    - Camera - Νοt good really. Probably the part of the phone that most people will be very disappointed with. 5 years old phones take better picture UNLESS there is plenty of light around. Worst part, the flash. Either total darkness or some shadows in front. the flash does nothing at all. The light spreads all around and its so weak, that the final shot is as if there was no light at all.
    - I'm talking in speaker. I have set the power key to close calls. After a while the screen goes black (expecting this, due to screen time out). There is no way to turn the screen on, unless i press the power button, which will close the call also. Any solution?

There may be other good or not so good things but most of them are above.

Overall if the phone stays that way, with no surprises, its worth the money, no doubt about that.
    Though i would be more than happy to pay 30-40 euros more to have some things better (Camera, Flash).

Excuse my bad English, my Greek are better :)

(will also post this to the xtreamer forum)
    V10 is online

- Now there will be one base rom with Language Apps packs in aiki update app
    - GPS is fixed
    - Check changelog for more details
    Re: [ROM] Xtreamer Mobile Aiki [MTK6575]

Were can i find V10 ?
    Thanks

On my Hard disk....lol.

Joke apart, wait for 2-3days

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2