[Q] Verizon S3 stuck in recovery mode with Triangle Error Message

Search This thread

Jawn_

Jan 18, 2014
Hey Guys,

Total noob here. Today I rooted my S3 on 4.3 with saferoot. That worked fine. Then I got goomanger and installed a recovery thing. I was trying to figure out how to install Slim Bean, because there were so many conflicting tutorials. I booted into downloading mode only to get the Yellow Triangle; I simply turned my phone off then back on to go back to stock software. So I went into goomanager and booted into recovery mode through that app. Then I got the same Triangle Error. This time when I turned off and on, it just tried to boot right back into this with the Triangle Error. I tried to use Odin to fix, but it won't even recognize my device or allow me to check the boxes that I need to. Please Help to fix this, Thanks!

ddog511

Mar 5, 2013
Hey Guys,

Total noob here. Today I rooted my S3 on 4.3 with saferoot. That worked fine. Then I got goomanger and installed a recovery thing. I was trying to figure out how to install Slim Bean, because there were so many conflicting tutorials. I booted into downloading mode only to get the Yellow Triangle; I simply turned my phone off then back on to go back to stock software. So I went into goomanager and booted into recovery mode through that app. Then I got the same Triangle Error. This time when I turned off and on, it just tried to boot right back into this with the Triangle Error. I tried to use Odin to fix, but it won't even recognize my device or allow me to check the boxes that I need to. Please Help to fix this, Thanks!

You can try removing your battery, then put it back in and try booting up again. otherwise, you may need to follow the directions to reflash the stock firmware via odin and download mode. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't read more. All over on this forum, there are plenty of posts exclaiming that you should not attempt to install a recovery on 4.3. READ, READ, READ, READ. And when you're done doing that, read more because you missed something.

Reactions: Jawn_

Jawn_

Jan 18, 2014
You can try removing your battery, then put it back in and try booting up again. otherwise, you may need to follow the directions to reflash the stock firmware via odin and download mode. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't read more. All over on this forum, there are plenty of posts exclaiming that you should not attempt to install a recovery on 4.3. READ, READ, READ, READ. And when you're done doing that, read more because you missed something.

I cannot use Odin to reflash. I read the tutorial on here for that. Odin won't even register my device or let me check the boxes that I need to. Pretty Stuck here

ddog511

Mar 5, 2013
I cannot use Odin to reflash. I read the tutorial on here for that. Odin won't even register my device or let me check the boxes that I need to. Pretty Stuck here

Are you able to get into download mode? When you boot up your phone in download mode, you should see a prompt about custom os yada yada yada and that pressing volume up will enter download mode and volume down will reboot - see here - http://www.android.gs/download-mode-galaxy-s3/

You have to be in download mode in order to use odin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,