[DISCUSSION] Fixing the OB's softkeys

Search This thread

Jelixis

Oct 13, 2013
Caguas
Hi,

I just wanted to create a centralized thread for all the discussion surrounding the work of fixing the softkeys.
Many users are reporting, including myself, about the softkeys not working properly after some time on the ICS roms.

My 25 cents:
Is it a kernel issue? ROM issue? I have tried multiple ROMs but none have fixed the issue.
Multiple kernels tried too, to no avail. I suspect it is a software issue though. It's as if the buttons go into some state of sleep mode in the software, and after a few minutes come back for a few milliseconds. Just my thoughts into it.

-
Sergio

pcs7799

Aug 2, 2014
After facing the issue, i smartflashed gingerbread, there also softkeys not worked.

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
It is a kernel issue for sure. Worked great on GB, but I think they messed up the driver in ICS. Have you tried my blue kernel already? Dont know if I fixed it there, but it is worth a try. Or compile your own kernel, but use the GB Softkey files. Should work just fine with some mods here and there ;)

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

2008hatake

Mar 4, 2012
Has anyone successfully fixed this issue?
I am facing the same problem after flashing ICS on my OB.

Jelixis

Oct 13, 2013
Caguas
Maybe

i fixed it by replacing the digitizer, i had to order 2 cause the first arrived with the same problem.

I don't know about that though, mine works excellent through the CM key test. Just fails in the OS. And I can't use the kernel by Nooby, I'm on Nameless KK. But before that I tried IZS, GB, 2.1, etc to no avail.