$30 T-Mobile Phone Sim Works in Vzw G Pad

Search This thread

joogle

Dec 26, 2010
Actually i need some clarification , im looking for a tablet where i can insert my t-mobile phone sim with data to get data on the tablet.

any thoughts? Thanks

razgriz8426

Mar 1, 2011
was it Verizon edition of the VK810? Does that Verizon model take the T-mobile sim? Or does it have to be unlocked? Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, the VK810 is only with Verizon. The other models are V500 and V510. But yes, mine was Verizon, and I just popped in my T-mo micro sim because I was curious, and it worked. I probably had to set up APNs, but nothing other than that.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

theroblog.com

Mar 26, 2011
I upgraded to 4.4.x and now 5.0.2 and I'm having trouble using my Tmo SIM card. If I put the VZW back in and then the Tmo it works for a while. Any ideas?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I upgraded to 4.4.x and now 5.0.2 and I'm having trouble using my Tmo SIM card. If I put the VZW back in and then the Tmo it works for a while. Any ideas?
I think it was someone in my ROM thread in my signature that was able to continue to use their T-Mobile SIM on the VK810.4G under the official Lollipop release once they set the APN. Search my thread, maybe ask him questions (just not in the ROM thread) if you have to.

Sent from my VK810 4G

theroblog.com

Mar 26, 2011
APN Settings that worked

They are a little different than my Tmo stock ROM S4, and a little different than what you see in various places. Also a little different than the Tmo store guy put in.

This has been working for a few days so I'm pretty confident in them.

What was weird is I would get 'No Service' before and could not select a cellular network. I should have been able to see at least greyed out 4G LTE and bars before I got the APN setup right but had nothing.

Stock VZW 5.0.2 Lollipop

Screenshots attached:

Screenshot_2015-05-29-14-57-47.png
Screenshot_2015-05-29-14-57-55.png

Not that it should matter but I have an unlimited business line and this is on the $10 'matching' tablet plan. Postpaid.

mingkee

Just an update for anyone who is interested in this still.

I bought an almost brand new LG G pad from Verizon. Saw this thread and decided that I was going to try it.

I got the device with 4.4.2 android. Haven't done any modifications. No root. No downgrading. Build: KOT49I.VK81022B. Software: VK81022B.

Went into the TMobile store. Asked for a sim with a tablet plan activated on it. I had taken the sim tray out of the Verizon tablet to show him the size of the sim. Wasn't sure of the correct size. The guy started giving me the speil on how it must be unlocked, I really should buy a device from them etc. I told him not to worry. Sell me the sim. He finally obliged. Before leaving the store I asked to try it out on a TMobile branded tablet to make sure data was coming through. It was.

Came home. Put in the sim into the device. It wanted to be rebooted. I did, thinking that maybe it would be that easy. It wasn't. I needed to set the APN. Settings> More> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names.

I only set 3 things in there.
Name: TMobile
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Everything else was left unaltered.

Rebooted and BAM. Net access. Yes. Wifi was turned off. After reboot there is a notification that the tablet couldn't be activated. I just cleared it out. No affect on the device's net access.

Not sure if I'll be able to get the 200 mb free net access. We'll see.

I signed up for Google Voice using the wife's phone. Using hangouts I can send/receive text messages. With the hangouts dialer added on top of that I can send/receive phone calls. I was getting my text messages coming to hangouts and my email too but after playing around with some settings in Google Voice I finally got things sorted.
Older APN (epc.tmobile.com) works too, but avoid "pcweb.t-mobile.com".

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

abced123

Jun 18, 2007
No need to downgrade, it works fine with 5.0.2 . You just need to put in the sim, edit APN, activate/register/login your Tmobile ID .

abced123

Jun 18, 2007
mine says sim card is not from verizon.. apn setting doesn't work.. any ideas?

On restart, mine also says " sim card is not from Verizon " as well; but, it works . Check if Tmobile support LTE band 4 or 7 ( I forgot, you gotta google this) in your area, cuz Verizon only share some LTE band with TMO . If it does not support, then you re out of luck .

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know how to downgrade from 5.1.1?

Stock LG 5.1.1 isn't out for the VK810.4G. If you're sure you have the Verizon variant you can get the KDZ for several official builds in my KDZ thread in my signature below. You can flash the KDZ of your choice from a Windows PC with LG Flash Tool 2014, which you can Google and find on XDA.

[VK810.4G] [altev] [ViKtory810ROM] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 36B_00 5.0.2
[VK810.4G] [altev] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 36B_00 5.0.2 DEBLOAT SCRIPTS and copies of all the files they remove
[VK810.4G] [altev] OTAs, .IMGs and KDZs, oh my

scruz1867

Jan 28, 2015
Stock LG 5.1.1 isn't out for the VK810.4G. If you're sure you have the Verizon variant you can get the KDZ for several official builds in my KDZ thread in my signature below. You can flash the KDZ of your choice from a Windows PC with LG Flash Tool 2014, which you can Google and find on XDA.

[VK810.4G] [altev] [ViKtory810ROM] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 36B_00 5.0.2
[VK810.4G] [altev] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 36B_00 5.0.2 DEBLOAT SCRIPTS and copies of all the files they remove
[VK810.4G] [altev] OTAs, .IMGs and KDZs, oh my

Am sorry. I meant the 5.0.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    10.00 Walgreens SIM card.
    Local T-Mobile store rolled eyes.and told me I was mistaken "T-Mobile doesn't offer free data if you don't have a Tmobile account"
    Even the 200mb free advertised on the T-Mobile website (more rolling of the eyes!)
    Asked to speak to manager and store manger said yeah we did that for a short time but no longer.
    "what website says we still offer it?"
    *T-Mobile" ok lemme check, can I have your drivers license to do a credit check?
    UH NO...

Called in and after 20 minutes (explaining same stuff again.) the rep says the T-mobile recognizes the VK810 IMEI number as a Phone so I can't qualify for free 200MB tablet data. Sorry.
    Funny I added 10.00 when I was trying to activate it myself so I had them apply that to 1GB 1 Week plan and it worked flawlessly.
    But no they wouldn't activate it as free tablet 200mb plan.

TL:dr
    has anyone had luck activating the free BYOT 200mb plan on the VK810?
    activate it over the phone or borrow an LTE iPad/... to activate it
    Does anyone know if this tablet has the bands to support ATT LTE? I'd like to buy one from Verizon, and use on ATT. Thanks in advance.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53217241&postcount=13
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53606129&postcount=19
    Just an update for anyone who is interested in this still.

I bought an almost brand new LG G pad from Verizon. Saw this thread and decided that I was going to try it.

I got the device with 4.4.2 android. Haven't done any modifications. No root. No downgrading. Build: KOT49I.VK81022B. Software: VK81022B.

Went into the TMobile store. Asked for a sim with a tablet plan activated on it. I had taken the sim tray out of the Verizon tablet to show him the size of the sim. Wasn't sure of the correct size. The guy started giving me the speil on how it must be unlocked, I really should buy a device from them etc. I told him not to worry. Sell me the sim. He finally obliged. Before leaving the store I asked to try it out on a TMobile branded tablet to make sure data was coming through. It was.

Came home. Put in the sim into the device. It wanted to be rebooted. I did, thinking that maybe it would be that easy. It wasn't. I needed to set the APN. Settings> More> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names.

I only set 3 things in there.
    Name: TMobile
    APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Everything else was left unaltered.

Rebooted and BAM. Net access. Yes. Wifi was turned off. After reboot there is a notification that the tablet couldn't be activated. I just cleared it out. No affect on the device's net access.

Not sure if I'll be able to get the 200 mb free net access. We'll see.

I signed up for Google Voice using the wife's phone. Using hangouts I can send/receive text messages. With the hangouts dialer added on top of that I can send/receive phone calls. I was getting my text messages coming to hangouts and my email too but after playing around with some settings in Google Voice I finally got things sorted.
    Does anybody successfully run T-Mobile after 4.4.2 update?

TIA.

Just did this morning, used the "Android phone" settings, needed to reboot a couple of times, and added the TMobile app as well.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090
    Actually i need some clarification , im looking for a tablet where i can insert my t-mobile phone sim with data to get data on the tablet.

any thoughts? Thanks

It's been awhile since I tried it, but this worked for me with the VK810 and the T-mo $30 phone sim.
    It's been awhile since I tried it, but this worked for me with the VK810 and the T-mo $30 phone sim.

was it Verizon edition of the VK810? Does that Verizon model take the T-mobile sim? Or does it have to be unlocked? Thanks