No roms will flash, they all hang on the white boot screen. Ever heard of this? wtf?

Search This thread

superhiro415

Sep 6, 2010
:p Well I'd prefer not to do that since it sounds like a chore, but it seems like I don't have much of a choice.... Maybe it's not so bad though. I've never unrooted and rerooted before so maybe it's not so hard.

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
My Evo is doing something similar. I flash ANY of the new Sense 2.x (or Sense 3.0) ROMs, and they just reboot on the white HTC EVO 4G screen. Ive wiped everything, used Calks Format All, Im using the latest Amons, etc to no avail. However, all AOSP GB ROMs (MIUI,CM7, EoD, etc) work like a charm! Any kind soul that knows what the hell is going on with my phone?

Did you make the ext 2 partition 2GB as suggested? I didn't but mine flashed okay...

superhiro415

Sep 6, 2010
Mine's actually the opposite. Any sense roms I flash tend to work fine, but all aosp or CM based roms get hung up at the white evo screen. I've been using sense since launch day, was only able to get a CM based rom to flash for about a day before I started having problems. Now that I've had a taste of CM7, I can't go back though!

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
Reactions: superhiro415

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
Tried it both ways.... I keep thinking its the new kernel, but I havent found another kernel that would work with any of the new Sense 3.0 leaks.

None of the regular netarchy kernels work? I wouldn't know, I only run AOSP; I flashed it to update my sense rom because I go tired of looking at myn's rom

superhiro415

Sep 6, 2010
Well you're right, that certainly doesn't sound hard at all. Heh, well I'll probably try that in a couple hours, as of right now, I actually need to use the phone so I'll just restore my backup. Thanks again for the quick ass replies.

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
Well you're right, that certainly doesn't sound hard at all. Heh, well I'll probably try that in a couple hours, as of right now, I actually need to use the phone so I'll just restore my backup. Thanks again for the quick ass replies.

Never a problem. Just don't flash the RUU if your phone has less than 35% on the battery...if it dies in the middle of the RUU, bad things will happen.

Clarkkent434

Nov 20, 2010
Metropolis
droid-nation.com
Help wont flash roms sruck on white screen.

That's normal; it only says that because you don't have that partition. The only thing I can think of at this point would be to backup everything, quickly unroot, then re-root.

I have the same problem on any sense roms or AOSP roms. I have tried the reflash of the recovery by renaming it pc136img.zip and the quick unroot back to stock then reroot and still nothing Any suggestion what to do. Looks like the rom I have on my Evo are going to be the only ones I can use for a while.

I am wonder if it is hardware failure or does flashing to much cause the internal memory to fail over time. Any opinions?

Top Liked Posts