New rom btu v700xxubna6

Search This thread

Kreuzfelder

Apr 20, 2008
Dortmund - Germany
Sorry for the "dumb" question...but can i flash my German Gear with the latest FW from Nov.2013 with this one?
...and is in the new Firmware the ALARM App in the Gear? That was the only thing i need.

It's not on the Exchange side. I've been blocked and unblocked using four different ROMs, leaks, and versions of GM and the server-side Exchange settings haven't changed. Someone decompiled one version of GM and found code that explicitly said to block EAS if the host device it was installed on had a U.S. CSC. So it's definitely on Samsung's side and appears completely random. I'm on NA3 and GM 1.6.132701 with a U.S. N3 and Exchange works fine. I'm soooo tired of resetting my Gear I'll wait until someone from the U.S. gives the all clear that NA6 works with Exchange on U.S. devices before wiping my Gear (for the umpteenth time).

but i have a luxemburg Gear with the newest software and a note 3 with CSC netherlands and exchange also doesnt work

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
Sorry for the "dumb" question...but can i flash my German Gear with the latest FW from Nov.2013 with this one?
...and is in the new Firmware the ALARM App in the Gear? That was the only thing i need.

hi
on your 2nd question of alarm app ,no it is not in new firmware NA6 /gear manager v 1.6.132701 combination ,
I see as a alternative in Gear manager , you can set a notification for your phone alarm , to notify you on Gear watch .
i have no tried this ,yet.( think anycase, this is an old option that was in previous Gear manager versions ? )
i also see ( some member asked in earlier post about this ) if you sideload apps .."same storie" as in NA3 it installs and works 100%,
but disappears after a while from app drawer on Gear ( but app is still working and can be seen from eg..Wondershare on pc ) .
(Not really a big issue ,because i use a " work around ".)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kreuzfelder

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
Thanks for your answer and help. :good:

hi Kreuzfelder ,
i actually test the alarm notification function ( that i referred to in my post # 26 ) out on my phone and gear ( see screenshot of alarm, on Gear watch below )
i am quite impress with it .. it is just as good, if not better than having alarm on Gear only !
it flashes on your Gear till you dismiss it either from watch or phone .
Just for your info
good luck

Attachments

• alarmscreenshot.png
    alarmscreenshot.png
    14 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: Kreuzfelder

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
hi Kreuzfelder ,
i actually test the alarm notification function ( that i referred to in my post # 26 ) out on my phone and gear ( see screenshot of alarm, on Gear watch below )
i am quite impress with it .. it is just as good, if not better than having alarm on Gear only !
it flashes on your Gear till you dismiss it either from watch or phone .
Just for your info
good luck

How did you make a screenshot on your Gear?

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
How did you make a screenshot on your Gear?

hi henklbr ,
i used Wondershare ( see screenshots below)( No root etc. needed)
plse note ,
the screenshot on Wondershare is "sometimes " upside down ,
but if you go to where screenshot is saved( eg.pictures on pc) ,you just rotate screenshot
straight forward and easy .

Last edited:

DoofDoof13

Dec 5, 2007
Perth
Heart rate?

hi henklbr ,
i used Wondershare ( see screenshots below)( No root etc. needed)
plse note ,
the screenshot on Wondershare is "sometimes " upside down ,
but if you go to where screenshot is saved( eg.pictures on pc) ,you just rotate screenshot
straight forward and easy .

Hi,

I assume you have the heart rate reading on the gear via an app running on your phone and an attached monitor device?

Thanks.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
View attachment 2572296
Hi,

I assume you have the heart rate reading on the gear via an app running on your phone and an attached monitor device?

Thanks.

hi DoofDoof13 ,
The answer is a yes and a no .
first yes, i have the Runtastic pro running app( paid app ) on my phone ( note 3 )
i also installed the Runtastic gear app from Samsung store onto Gear.
i use a Polar H7 bluetooth monitor on chest and can see my readings from Gear .( see screenshot )
This app is very good and accurate,
a bit heavy on the battery, when using it, but its only during excercise when using app ( 1 to 2 hours )
the other app i am " testing "Argus" fro Samsung store ( free app for Gear )
it has a pedometer and hart rate function
You test hart rate using Gear camera ..place finger on camera lens etc...
still trying to decide how accurate it is ,as i compare it with my polar and it was a bit of the mark ?
(will have to test again sometime. )
good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: DoofDoof13

Hugmebear

Nov 18, 2013
Budapest
Updated the gear to V700XXUBNA6 and Gear Manager to 1.6.132701 and can no longer read my emails that come from my two exchange mail accounts. Could read the emails fine before the update. It now comes up with the following message...

The content of this email cannot be shown on the Gear for security reasons. For details, view this email on your mobile device.

The above appears with two buttons "Cancel" and "OK"

Does anyone know of a setting somewhere that would allow the these emails to be read?

Updated the gear to V700XXUBNA6 and Gear Manager to 1.6.132701 and can no longer read my emails that come from my two exchange mail accounts. Could read the emails fine before the update. It now comes up with the following message...

The content of this email cannot be shown on the Gear for security reasons. For details, view this email on your mobile device.

The above appears with two buttons "Cancel" and "OK"

Does anyone know of a setting somewhere that would allow the these emails to be read?

i've got the same problem since the updates. now my exchange is broken. but when installing a version of GM 1.5 it works again. only the 1.6 version have this problem where email is a app apart.

Reactions: Hugmebear

carlos rendon

Jul 23, 2016
Hola
ya instale esta version pero tengo un problema voy a hacerle el boot para entrar a modo dowload pero resulta que ya no me sale este modo sino que cuando le doy download se me reinicia y vuelve y inicia normalmente y lo hago por recovery haber que sale y tampoco sale nada se me reinicia normalmente alguien me puede ayudar como solucionar esto por favor pra poder instalar otra room

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys just spotted this little darling !
    http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-V700&details=Galaxy_Gear

Galaxy Gear SM-V700 BTU V700XXUBNA6 Android 4.2.2 25.01.2014

Download Mirror. http://pc.cd/bzz
    I'm on US device with latest Gear Manager and just updated to NA6, Exchange notifications work fine, I see email content on the watch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    but i have a luxemburg Gear with the newest software and a note 3 with CSC netherlands and exchange also doesnt work

It stopped working on some EU CSCs on the NA3 leak but worked fine for the U.S. All kind of a mystery actually.

hi
    on your 2nd question of alarm app ,no it is not in new firmware NA6 /gear manager v 1.6.132701 combination ,
    I see as a alternative in Gear manager , you can set a notification for your phone alarm , to notify you on Gear watch .
    i have no tried this ,yet.( think anycase, this is an old option that was in previous Gear manager versions ? )
    i also see ( some member asked in earlier post about this ) if you sideload apps .."same storie" as in NA3 it installs and works 100%,
    but disappears after a while from app drawer on Gear ( but app is still working and can be seen from eg..Wondershare on pc ) .
    (Not really a big issue ,because i use a " work around ".)
    hi
    on your 2nd question of alarm app ,no it is not in new firmware...

Thanks for your answer and help. :good: