Update Unlocked HTC with RUU Package

Search This thread

abray1978

Dec 14, 2011
As a quick FYI, I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to get the stock RUU update to flash my HTC Raider. I played around with a custom ROM and wasn't too happy with it, but stupidly I didn't backup my stock rom with CWM... Lesson learned!

Anyways, if you are trying to go back to stock and are hitting Error 155 during the RUU Update, try re-locking the bootload with "fastboot eom lock". I tried this today and the stock firmware flashed on first try and I'm back to the good old Bell bloat!

Hope this helps anyone!

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
Hi I was trying to make a rom and ended up in a bootloop, so i made a mistake and flashed the boot.img from the android sdk folder to my raider and now I can't get into hboot, but with adb can get into cwm. i did have a backup and can restore the backup.
now when the restore is complete i try to restart and the phone hangs at the htc logo, then the screen turns black. phone never boots.

any ideas on what might fix this?

Thanks

As a quick FYI, I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to get the stock RUU update to flash my HTC Raider. I played around with a custom ROM and wasn't too happy with it, but stupidly I didn't backup my stock rom with CWM... Lesson learned!

Anyways, if you are trying to go back to stock and are hitting Error 155 during the RUU Update, try re-locking the bootload with "fastboot eom lock". I tried this today and the stock firmware flashed on first try and I'm back to the good old Bell bloat!

Hope this helps anyone!

abray1978

Dec 14, 2011
Can you get back into HBOOT now that you did the restore?

I'm by far no expert but I'm curious if you can get back to HBOOT if you can put it into fastboot, re-lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock) and then use the RUU to restore back to stock. That should fix the boot image and I you then can start the process over again by unlocking and playing.

That's what I did and I'm back to a non-bricked phone. You can get the Holiday (aka Raider) RUUs by searching these forums. Just download the one for your carrier.

Good luck

gmarcoux

Aug 28, 2007
Saskatoon,SK

Hope this helps anyone!

Where did you find an RUU for the HTC Raider?

ican123

Jan 23, 2012
Beppu
I need RUU. I am in japan,but there is some thing wrong with my vivid, factory reset did not work....I can just see htc logo and then att logo, and then...though there is a setup but when i click that it shut down directly.....can any one help me ?

r.ciesla

Mar 28, 2010
Poole

Hope this helps anyone!
Many thanks! I thought that mine Raider was completly dead. Didn't want get into CWM only 2 lines for less than 0.25sec with messsage that is unable to get acces to cache then reboot and stuck with htc logo forever. Then i read this post and my Raider is get back to live.
Many thanks once again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this helps anyone!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416836

2nd post has the links for stock ruu for all carriers

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App