[KERNELS][ONLINE]Online Auto Kernel Repack Beta!

Search This thread

chrisoverson

Jan 1, 2011
Bideford
My Automated Online Kernel Repacker

No software or geeky knowledge required!

Here's a link (old site): http://nibble.cc/repack-old/
Link to new Site: http://nibble.cc/repack/

Screenshot:

kernelrepacker.png

Hi guys!

I'm just wanting to show an idea I've been developing. Has there ever yet been such a thing as an online automatic kernel repacker? Where you can just upload the source boot.img and the new kernel boot.img and it will repack the two and provide you with a link?

Well... I couldn't find one, so I've made one!

I've designed it to be very simple and easy to use, with instructions included. If enough people like the idea I'll try and see about getting it onto a more permanent home.

Repacked kernels will be added as I am able to test them, and can be found on the Resources page. If you have any particular requests, please post them here and I'll repack and add them to the list if I can.

Also, if you've repacked a kernel using this site and have tested it successfully on your device, can you please post on here with the name of the ROM, Kernel and the Unix time code (the 10 digit number) from the download link. This will allow me to add it to the list of pre-packaged kernels for future users.

Update: The Kernel Re-packer has now been uploaded to it's new home - a dedicated Linux server. You should be able to upload/download kernels much faster now, as the server I'm using has a 1GB/s connection :victory:. Upload times should now be limited only by your own bandwidth, enjoy! ;)

Please thank or donate if this has been useful to you. Also feel free to leave feedback, comments, requests, ideas, complaints or anything else below!

Thanks guys ;)

- I'm a bit of a newbie in Android development... so please forgive me if anything I've done or written is wrong, I have a fair bit of computer/website/programming experience and I'm trying to expand into the droid universe.

Last edited:

chrisoverson

Jan 1, 2011
Bideford
Changelog:
- Everything now moved across to a new server with 1GB/s bandwidth
- Added error page to display if files are uploaded incorrectly
- Added status display to let you know when the files are uploading
- Fixed first glitch: "Not Found" error
- Added more to the description to make the process easier to understand
- Tested a couple more kernels, added to "Resources Page"

Tested ROMS:
- Cyanogen 10
- Android Revolution HD

Todo:
- Redesign site appearance
- Add more pre-packed images as they are tested

Note: I'll likely make it look prettier in the future too, I didn't consider that all too important till I know if people will use it ;).

Last edited:

chrisoverson

Jan 1, 2011
Bideford
Great work, What about add "recent re-packed" to help NOOB people ?
Thank you :)

Under "resources" you can find a couple of ones I've already repacked... although I realize the title of that page probably doesn't make it clear :p.

I plan on adding lots more to that list when I'm on a faster server, this method allows me to repack kernels very quickly - it only takes a couple of clicks and a few seconds at my end :D.

chrisoverson

Jan 1, 2011
Bideford
Ah, sorry about that!

How long did it take for your upload to go through? I'm fairly sure this issue occurs when the php session times out before you get as far as the download.

I've extended the session length and tweaked a couple of other bits, it shouldn't do that anymore, but I'll get a couple of people to test at my end :).

What do you think of the idea in general? :p

chrisoverson

Jan 1, 2011
Bideford
Original post reformatted to make for an easier read, and earlier bugs resolved :).

Please report back if this works for you - if you include the unix time code (the 10 digit number in the download link) along with the ROM name and Kernel name then I can add your boot image to the list of repacked kernels.

Thanks! :good:

Last edited:

eyosen

Apr 9, 2007
Istanbul
Google Nexus 5
HTC 10
Original post reformatted to make for an easier read, and earlier bugs resolved :).

Please report back if this works for you - if you include the unix time code (the 10 digit number in the download link) along with the ROM name and Kernel name then I can add your boot image to the list of repacked kernels.

Thanks! :good:

Great idea. A central repository for all versions, all combinations.
I can't download files under resources using my hox in chrome or stock browsers. Stock opens and displays the binary file

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

chrisoverson

Jan 1, 2011
Bideford
Great idea. A central repository for all versions, all combinations.
I can't download files under resources using my hox in chrome or stock browsers. Stock opens and displays the binary file

I haven't actually tested it on my One X yet; I thought that seen as most people would be flashing the roms from their computers that would be where they would be viewing it from :p.

I'll have a look in a moment.

Apologies for any connection issues, multiple concurrent uploads and downloads appear to be putting a bit of strain on my poor router. The sooner I get this on a dedicated server the better!

Last edited:
Reactions: robocik and eyosen

eyosen

Apr 9, 2007
Istanbul
Google Nexus 5
HTC 10
I haven't actually tested it on my One X yet, I thought that seen as most people would be flashing the roms from their computers that would be where they would be viewing it from :p.

I'll have a look in a moment.

Apologies for any connection issues, multiple concurrent uploads and downloads appear to be putting a bit of strain on my poor router. The sooner I get this on a dedicated server the better!

I am weird that way :D

chrisoverson

Jan 1, 2011
Bideford
Right, I'm afraid I'm having to temporarily turn the site off for the moment as all the downloads/uploads are constantly crashing my interwebs. I'm looking into getting this onto a dedicated server ASAP, maybe as soon as tomorrow if I find the right one ;).

In the mean time, if you'd like anything repacked please feel free to request it here and give me a link to the files and I'll be happy to repack it at my end.

Reactions: robocik

philippebla

Jul 22, 2010
hasnon
Right, I'm afraid I'm having to temporarily turn the site off for the moment as all the downloads/uploads are constantly crashing my interwebs. I'm looking into getting this onto a dedicated server ASAP, maybe as soon as tomorrow if I find the right one ;).

In the mean time, if you'd like anything repacked please feel free to request it here and give me a link to the files and I'll be happy to repack it at my end.

arffffff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Automated Online Kernel Repacker

No software or geeky knowledge required!

Here's a link (old site): http://nibble.cc/repack-old/
    Link to new Site: http://nibble.cc/repack/

Screenshot:

kernelrepacker.png

Hi guys!

I'm just wanting to show an idea I've been developing. Has there ever yet been such a thing as an online automatic kernel repacker? Where you can just upload the source boot.img and the new kernel boot.img and it will repack the two and provide you with a link?

Well... I couldn't find one, so I've made one!

I've designed it to be very simple and easy to use, with instructions included. If enough people like the idea I'll try and see about getting it onto a more permanent home.

Repacked kernels will be added as I am able to test them, and can be found on the Resources page. If you have any particular requests, please post them here and I'll repack and add them to the list if I can.

Also, if you've repacked a kernel using this site and have tested it successfully on your device, can you please post on here with the name of the ROM, Kernel and the Unix time code (the 10 digit number) from the download link. This will allow me to add it to the list of pre-packaged kernels for future users.

Update: The Kernel Re-packer has now been uploaded to it's new home - a dedicated Linux server. You should be able to upload/download kernels much faster now, as the server I'm using has a 1GB/s connection :victory:. Upload times should now be limited only by your own bandwidth, enjoy! ;)

Please thank or donate if this has been useful to you. Also feel free to leave feedback, comments, requests, ideas, complaints or anything else below!

Thanks guys ;)

- I'm a bit of a newbie in Android development... so please forgive me if anything I've done or written is wrong, I have a fair bit of computer/website/programming experience and I'm trying to expand into the droid universe.
    Changelog:
    - Everything now moved across to a new server with 1GB/s bandwidth
    - Added error page to display if files are uploaded incorrectly
    - Added status display to let you know when the files are uploading
    - Fixed first glitch: "Not Found" error
    - Added more to the description to make the process easier to understand
    - Tested a couple more kernels, added to "Resources Page"

Tested ROMS:
    - Cyanogen 10
    - Android Revolution HD

Todo:
    - Redesign site appearance
    - Add more pre-packed images as they are tested

Note: I'll likely make it look prettier in the future too, I didn't consider that all too important till I know if people will use it ;).
    Great work, What about add "recent re-packed" to help NOOB people ?
    Thank you :)

Under "resources" you can find a couple of ones I've already repacked... although I realize the title of that page probably doesn't make it clear :p.

I plan on adding lots more to that list when I'm on a faster server, this method allows me to repack kernels very quickly - it only takes a couple of clicks and a few seconds at my end :D.
    We're back up!

I'll continue uploading the repacked kernels, some of those may not be available for a few minutes but you should be able to go ahead and start repacking kernels right away if you wish.
    : Victoire:

yep

work good for me with android revolution hd 8.0.0 and faux 123 5b1 !! good job

Yay! :highfive: