Note ll on sale

Search This thread

mastibeta

Jun 14, 2010
Tampa Fl
not sure i am understanding this correct. what you are saying is i would first have to activate it on my daughters line, then take it to a verizon store to get it switched over to my line??? i don't have a dummy line. do i need to get one or what.

best bet, to save your unlimited, is to add a line and use her upgrade on that line.

smunson121

Mar 8, 2007
Did not work for me

Same here, but there is no way around it, correct?

Also, I read somewhere else that this is IN STORE ONLY. Is that true? The Sam's Clubs around where I live don't do Verizon, so is my only way around this to try and do the price match at Best Buy? I'm a Sam's member and would love to get it through them, but it looks like if you order online it's an extra $100.

On 02-02-2013 I purchased a Note 2 using the Amazon Price (189.99) at my local Best Buy. The titanium color was not in stock and the store rep had to purchase it online from the store and ship it to my house to match the price. I went back in to the store today 02-19-2013 and the same rep said they could match the Sam's Club price and give me the difference. The rep even called a local Sam's Club to verify the price at $98.88. When the rep went to enter my information into the computer to give me the difference the computer said my original order was an online order and the computer would not allow him to give me the price match. The rep called his manager and the manager said no go in the store and I would have to call 1-888-bestbuy and talk to them about the price match. I called the number and the lady at 1-888-bestbuy said I could not get the price match because the Sam's Club with the phone in stock was more than 25 miles from my home residence so price match did not apply. There is a Sam's Club within 25 miles of my residence, but that store does not offer Verizon phones in store.

From my experience if you purchased the phone in store and not online the store had no problem matching the price, since it was an "online" purchase from the store I had to go through corporate for any further price match and they will not do it because of the 25 mile rule.

donelam304

Feb 16, 2013
Danville
I just got me one from my local best buy too. $48 total. Lol. I done the pruce match and used the gift card. And while I was there at the store a guy was getting the otterbox commutervcase and had the defender case. I asked him what he was gonna do with it and he said put it in his desk. I offered him $20 for it and he sold it to me for $20. Woot...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
If one were to open a new account not add a line and get the note 2 from best buy, but then cancel the account and paying the etf, is it just the $350 etf or do they charge the phone cost too?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

KnightCrusader

Nov 16, 2008
If one were to open a new account not add a line and get the note 2 from best buy, but then cancel the account and paying the etf, is it just the $350 etf or do they charge the phone cost too?

No, BB doesn't have a secondary ETF... they one of the few large authorized retailer that doesn't, and the reason I went with them over anywhere else.

I thought about doing this myself, but you also have to take into account the time your phone has service that you'll get a bill... but this is definitely cheaper than paying full price if you willing to deal with the hassle.

In fact, now that I think about it, my phone is in my dad's name so I guess I could always open an account and then cancel it, and pay the ETF. That is $450 + fees + tax instead of $700 + tax. Might be worth a $200 savings to deal with it...

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
No, BB doesn't have a secondary ETF... they one of the few large authorized retailer that doesn't, and the reason I went with them over anywhere else.

I thought about doing this myself, but you also have to take into account the time your phone has service that you'll get a bill... but this is definitely cheaper than paying full price if you willing to deal with the hassle.

In fact, now that I think about it, my phone is in my dad's name so I guess I could always open an account and then cancel it, and pay the ETF. That is $450 + fees + tax instead of $700 + tax. Might be worth a $200 savings to deal with it...

My thoughts exactly. Friend of mine is looking to get one. Heck I thought about doing this then reselling it.

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010
not sure i am understanding this correct. what you are saying is i would first have to activate it on my daughters line, then take it to a verizon store to get it switched over to my line??? i don't have a dummy line. do i need to get one or what.

You would use your daughters upgrade to upgrade your 3rd "dummy"] line. The then reactivate dummy phone and activate new phone on your line. Done easy

tkryan

Sep 25, 2009
I was told price match will be ending march 3rd

hawkerpilot05

Feb 12, 2013
Minneapolis/St. Paul
I just went to my local Best Buy and told them the same thing about Sams club and showed them the picture from the 1st post and they matched it. It brought the phone from the Amazon Wireless price of $189.99 i paid last week to the $98.88. Then with the gift card applied from previous purchase it was $48.88. Thank you very much for posting this.:thumbup:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Unless you use your daughters upgrade as an alternate for the dummy line. This would need to be done at a Corp. Store though to make sure it's done right... The take phone off dummy and move to your and re activate dummy phone.

Except then you are paying 10 bucks a month plus taxes and fees for a dummy line. Kids can survive on 2gb of data. Maybe they'll offer a double data promotion with the s4...

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
Except then you are paying 10 bucks a month plus taxes and fees for a dummy line. Kids can survive on 2gb of data. Maybe they'll offer a double data promotion with the s4...

This. When you open another line it actually works out to be almost $17 extra with taxes and fees.

susp3nd

Dec 20, 2010
I can confirm. I showed the picture and they were willing to do it.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361477955276.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361477955276.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: suspended101

chrisjz

Aug 24, 2010
Japan
Yeah I got $50 back from best buy. Only for my silver one. The sams club rep wouldn't tell the best buy lady if the white one was on sale so she wouldn't give me money for the wife's phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt
Anyone know if verizon is still calling the note 2 an "iconic" device?....just curious.

Sent from my Beast SCH-I605

dewgong

Jul 18, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
So apparently none of the 6 Sam's Clubs near me carry Verizon phones. When I tried to go into Best Buy and ask for price match they wanted proof and I couldn't proof it. They wouldn't take the Dell site either. Should I just plain order from Dell's site?

Edit: Just read the Dell instant savings agreement and it turns out I can't transfer the line to another line within the same account. I guess I'm screwed.

Last edited:

gatorbri

Apr 20, 2009
My local Best Buy wouldn't do it either since the local Sam's Clubs don't sell Verizon. Anybody know if there are any other upcoming deals on the Note 2? I really want one and am trying to decide whether to pony up more money or just keep waiting until there is finally a deal that I can actually use to get it.

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010

Didn't he say he already has 3 lines... His. Daughters. And a dummy line... If son then this is it costing extra.. I'm not telling him to add a line. Just use the new he already had

donelam304

Feb 16, 2013
Danville
No. I had 3 lines that were unlimited data and 1 that was on the 2gig data. I ended up just using my daughters upgrade to get one and transfered to my line. I kept the unlimited data on mine and shewent to a 2gig data line. The other ways that some had talked about they would not do. Like getting a basic phone without data and doing an upgrade on it. Like someone said on another topic. They fired someone for doing that. He worked at a verizon store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone here might be interested in the galaxy note ll then sams club has them on sale for 98.88 on upgrade or new customer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    I dont mean to be a pain. Basically I need Best Buy to price match because I am within 60 days on 3 of my phones. So I was hoping to get a better shot of the proce tag and the detailed print. Any help is appreciated. :)

alright cool ill post it tomorrow when im back in.
    That is weird. Best Buy price matched the amazon $149.99 price last week when we bought them. Also Endadget posted today that Best Buy was going to match online retailers permanently. The article specifically mentions Best Buy Mobile and cell phones, and even mentions price matching Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/c8nyhff

That is weird. Best Buy price matched the amazon $149.99 price last week when we bought them. Also Endadget posted today that Best Buy was going to match online retailers permanently. The article specifically mentions Best Buy Mobile and cell phones, and even mentions price matching Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/c8nyhff

says in the story that it doesn't cover on contract smartphones...

Oh well, that's why I rarely go to bestbuy.