Does anyone else obsess over tiny imperfections?

Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
When it comes to expensive new technology I tend to obsess over the tiniest imperfection. The miniscule hairline scratch on an otherwise flawless screen. That single piece of dust that always manages to get under your screen protector despite using a hazmat clean room to install it. That little nick on the metal edge. All of this drives me nuts. Once it's there my shiny new tablet is no longer pristine and perfect. It's like the first ding on your new BMW. After that it just isn't the same.

Well today I traded my new white 10.5 book cover, which was flawless except that I decided I didn't like white for a case, for a new titanium cover. Now I'm one of these guys that can choose from 10 cases and I'll ALWAYS pick the one with the defect. I never fails. Anyway loving the case, get it home and put it on. Only then do I notice that there is the equivalent of a screen protector dust particle trapped under the skin on the front. One tiny little raised dot in the middle of an otherwise perfect case. Sigh, and now I must obsess. I will endure it for a day or two then finally return it for a PERFECT one. I know me. Probably why BestBuy has wanted posters of me on their front door :).

Why do I even care? Anyone else like this?

robertc88

Jan 27, 2012
When it comes to expensive new technology I tend to obsess over the tiniest imperfection. The miniscule hairline scratch on an otherwise flawless screen. That single piece of dust that always manages to get under your screen protector despite using a hazmat clean room to install it. That little nick on the metal edge. All of this drives me nuts. Once it's there my shiny new tablet is no longer pristine and perfect. It's like the first ding on your new BMW. After that it just isn't the same.

Well today I traded my new white 10.5 book cover, which was flawless except that I decided I didn't like white for a case, for a new titanium cover. Now I'm one of these guys that can choose from 10 cases and I'll ALWAYS pick the one with the defect. I never fails. Anyway loving the case, get it home and put it on. Only then do I notice that there is the equivalent of a screen protector dust particle trapped under the skin on the front. One tiny little raised dot in the middle of an otherwise perfect case. Sigh, and now I must obsess. I will endure it for a day or two then finally return it for a PERFECT one. I know me. Probably why BestBuy has wanted posters of me on their front door :).

My poster at BB is for always looking out for returns so I can get something I want cheaper. They are ready to crown me "king". So long as what was returned is in more than acceptable shape and does not deter from the product's use, why not.

BTW, which BB are you returning it to? :)

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010

All they had was a white one at my store. Youre lucky they had the other colors.

murmur70

Jul 12, 2010
Bedford, IN
LOL I am not even going to look for imperfections in mine now. I'm afraid I would obsess over it too.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app

avenging

Sep 28, 2013
haha this level of obsession reminds me of my x-men comic collection back in high school and it was costly for someone who has to keep within his allowance :p

rsfinsrq

I spent a good hour applying my screen protector. I cannot accept any dust, bubbles, etc. I think the prep time takes longer that the actual preparation. I turn the shower on full hot and steam up the bathroom. After its good and foggy in there I turn the water off and close the door. The steam seems to take the dust out of the air. After about 15 minutes, I will go in and carefully apply the protector. There is good lighting in there so I can see anything that gets trapped under the protector. Works pretty well for me as I no longer go through several protectors trying to get it just right. I do obsess over the smallest imperfection. Call it OCD, being anal, or whatever. I just can't enjoy something as well if I know there's a flaw. Having said that, I absolutely happy with my titanium Tab S 10.5 and book cover so far. :fingers-crossed:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
I spent a good hour applying my screen protector. I cannot accept any dust, bubbles, etc. I think the prep time takes longer that the actual preparation. I turn the shower on full hot and steam up the bathroom. After its good and foggy in there I turn the water off and close the door. The steam seems to take the dust out of the air. After about 15 minutes, I will go in and carefully apply the protector. There is good lighting in there so I can see anything that gets trapped under the protector. Works pretty well for me as I no longer go through several protectors trying to get it just right. I do obsess over the smallest imperfection. Call it OCD, being anal, or whatever. I just can't enjoy something as well if I know there's a flaw. Having said that, I absolutely happy with my titanium Tab S 10.5 and book cover so far. :fingers-crossed:

Best way to apply a screen protector to a large device is by placing the protector on the screen in the proper position then apply a strip of masking tape to the left edge attaching it to the tablet. Then once all dust is cleared, lift the protector up and peel away the backing as you let the hinge hold it steady. Watch for any little dust particle as you slowly apply the protector and use another piece of tape to remove them. Once applied just remove the tape hinge. Perfect placement, no dust :D.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best way to apply a screen protector to a large device is by placing the protector on the screen in the proper position then apply a strip of masking tape to the left edge attaching it to the tablet. Then once all dust is cleared, lift the protector up and peel away the backing as you let the hinge hold it steady. Watch for any little dust particle as you slowly apply the protector and use another piece of tape to remove them. Once applied just remove the tape hinge. Perfect placement, no dust :D.