[NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Search This thread

dewhashish

Jan 29, 2012
is there a way to keep the keyboard lit at it's brightest even with the screen brightness all the way down?

doubleokneegro

Jul 29, 2008
Philadelphia
If your camera is perfect working order, does your video and Movie Studio work as well in the ICS build? Just wondering... I can wait until the build develops more of course.

*Report Bug*

Wallpaper does not scroll with the screen
Turned setting on and it has not worked
I also notice a problem cropping wallpapers (probably related)
When I set the wallpaper I only see the bottom_left corner of the crop

jgardner

Feb 8, 2008
If your camera is perfect working order, does your video and Movie Studio work as well in the ICS build? Just wondering... I can wait until the build develops more of course.

*Report Bug*

Wallpaper does not scroll with the screen
Turned setting on and it has not worked
I also notice a problem cropping wallpapers (probably related)
When I set the wallpaper I only see the bottom_left corner of the crop
Camera works, and I am able to get into Movie Studio, just keep getting message that the video/image cannot be imported. Haven't tried adding from camera yet though.

Also, I'm experiencing the wallpaper issues you've described as well.

garlick2

Dec 12, 2011
I hadn't noticed the wallpaper till someone said something, but yeah, I don't have scrolling wallpaper.

Mine is actually cropped to the upper left, not lower left of the image. So different than others have experienced in orientation.

I also had an issue with my switch from WiFi back to 4G today, I had to toggle my mobile network to get back up and running after I turned off the WiFi.

CreepyE

Oct 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I hadn't noticed the wallpaper till someone said something, but yeah, I don't have scrolling wallpaper.

Mine is actually cropped to the upper left, not lower left of the image. So different than others have experienced in orientation.

I also had an issue with my switch from WiFi back to 4G today, I had to toggle my mobile network to get back up and running after I turned off the WiFi.

Wallpaper scrolling works with me but I got apex launcher on mine

Sent from my DROID4 on ICS

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah the LTE connection is a work in progress. Hopefully a really solid fix soon.

And the bug with Trebuchet not scrolling and using the left corner is known. I recommend using NovaLauncher or Apex as they are more friendly with non-AOSP phones.

garlick2

Dec 12, 2011
Yeah the LTE connection is a work in progress. Hopefully a really solid fix soon.

And the bug with Trebuchet not scrolling and using the left corner is known. I recommend using NovaLauncher or Apex as they are more friendly with non-AOSP phones.

I was going to try out NovaLauncher anyway. I'll get on installing it now.

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
My camera works but I can't switch to the front camera. If I switch I have to wipe just to get it to reset. Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
Working great hash, very stable, can't for the life of me to get 4g to stay for more than 5 seconds, then it falls to roaming, then 3g, then 4g, then repeat.

svrnmnd

Dec 1, 2008
okay so the only other phone I had was the D1 and I'm a little un-easy about this safestrap or faststrap or whatever its called. as far as I understand what safestrap does is it basicly disables your phones main rom then creates a second system in which you can install roms and are able to recover your old (system 1) if something goes wrong... is this going to be the perminant solution to the d4's locked bootloader? (I know nobody can definitatively answer this but my real question is other phones with locked bootloaders..do they still have them, or was there a work around made so that recovery could eventually be installed??)

doubleokneegro

Jul 29, 2008
Philadelphia
Well I can assist in your issue.

I too was skeptical at first about safestrap but its pretty self explanatory.
You have the concept down that it backs up your original system 1 and creates a system 2 to then be altered and flashed without touching system 1.

I had the Droid X and that had a locked bootloader as well.
From my research a locked bootloader just denies the "lowest" level of access to the phone which includes flashing radios and kernels.

Other than that, Yes you can install D4 Safestrap which acts just as CWM Recovery in order to flash this Rom and or others.

Remember when flashing to ENABLE safestrap before you flash and always backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik

Hope that helps explain some of it to you.

I have ICS this beta running on my D4 like a champ

doubleokneegro

Jul 29, 2008
Philadelphia
One more question??

So yes things are in the "it just happened" stages of ICS for the D4 but...

Will there be a possibility of Smart Actions being imported or able to be configured in this build?

It can be very useful and if somehow it was cracked open to allow IF, THEN statements for any setting or function within the phone.

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
Just used the march 7 build. Much better.

Only 3 problems for me,

Flash doesn't work.
Can't switch to front cam, other cam works great.
Can't get chrome to work.

helal348

Aug 31, 2009
No Data

I can't get the data to work. I've tried switching between CDMA and LTE. I've also tried toggling Airplane Mode. I've also restarted my phone. Nothing helps. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Oh, and where can I get the March 7th build?

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
I can't get the data to work. I've tried switching between CDMA and LTE. I've also tried toggling Airplane Mode. I've also restarted my phone. Nothing helps. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Oh, and where can I get the March 7th build?

Have you tried toggling to GSM and back? I believe that what it suggests in the OP.

+1 on the March 7 build. haven't seen anything anywhere else about a new build.

Reactions: helal348

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
In the rom download link in the op.....

That link takes you to a nightly build page.

Sent from my ICS OCd D4 using XDA

Reactions: kwyrt

reigndropz

Feb 26, 2009
307 build is working spectacularly, Hash. Bluetooth is working. Wi-Fi and Data also. USB and Tethering Hotspot are not, but I have been using Easy Tether and it is working great. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.

This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM9 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)

Download Here from ROMbot

Download GApps Here (04/29 Goo-Inside GApps Link).
    FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
    - Rooted
    - Running a Motorola ICS leak (.206, .208, .211, etc)
    - I recommend that you run Safestrap v2.00 to install this. Here's how to use Safestrap
    And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
    Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

WHAT can I expect to work right now?
    - 4G and basic phone function
    - All sensors
    - Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
    - Video Recording
    - HD YouTube
    - Netflix

Current Known Issues?
    - Data connection is a work in progress. It's MUCH better than it used to be in the old ICS builds, however there is always room for improvement. Due to the "global" data connection style of stock Motorola ICS, this problem will probably continue to be worked on. Feedback is always appreciated, but if you see it posted already then there's a good chance I know about specific issues.
    - Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.
    - The CM9 built-in Wifi Tether won't work. You need to use the "Wifi Tether" app that's bundled into the ROM. Once you open it, hit [menu] and "Settings". Select "Change Device-Profile" to "Generic ICS".
    - I'm sure there's more, I'll update this list here in a bit.

WHO works on this?
    Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.

WHAT is a "nightly"?
    It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).

WHY would I want this?
    - Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
    - It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
    Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

We maintain all of our code at github:
    https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:
    [ COMING SOON ]
    Reserved for future use
    Well I can assist in your issue.

I too was skeptical at first about safestrap but its pretty self explanatory.
    You have the concept down that it backs up your original system 1 and creates a system 2 to then be altered and flashed without touching system 1.

I had the Droid X and that had a locked bootloader as well.
    From my research a locked bootloader just denies the "lowest" level of access to the phone which includes flashing radios and kernels.

Other than that, Yes you can install D4 Safestrap which acts just as CWM Recovery in order to flash this Rom and or others.

Remember when flashing to ENABLE safestrap before you flash and always backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik

Hope that helps explain some of it to you.

I have ICS this beta running on my D4 like a champ
    Just tried installing using safestrap and bootlooped. Had to hard reboot to get back to safestrap recovery and back in to stock ROM. Anyone else tried this yet? Might try again tonight when I get home and let the battery charge up a bit.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?

That was it. First time I've used safestrap. I figured since I did not have a previous ROM installed in Safemode that I did not need to wipe. Went back in, wiped data and cache and now I am in business. Looking good Hash!

One question though, I tried to wipe dalvik and it said it could not find sd-ext. Any idea what that is about?

Edit: Feels so good to be flashing ROMs again!!!