[APP]+[SKN][28/10 UPDATED] Yet another Calculator Skin (do-it-yourself MultiLanguage)

Search This thread

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
I know, there quite some Manila Calculator skins around. Personally I think L.Sylvain did a pretty good job, but there is always room for enhancement... :p !

I slightly changed the button-grid to resemble the Manila-Dialer more, but most noticeable is the rearrangement of the calculator layout. I canged the 5x5 design to a 4x6 design, so it would be more similar to the well-known "hardware" calculators.

I did resample the skin to QVGA and include it into the cab-file. So, it should install on all devices (couldnt test QVGA though, I hope it looks a bit decent :eek: )

About the files:
Use the cab file to install Spb Calculator together with these skins:
Copy the cab file to your device, navigate to it using File Explorer and double-click it.

If, for any reason, you don't want to install the cab file but just want to exchange the skin manually, you will find the artwork in the zip file.

Localization:
To localize this tiny app to your own language, edit the "calculator_eng.txt" file. Preserve the english text, but change the text after the "|" accordingly. I uploaded an example in Dutch.
DON'T CHANGE THE FILENAME! Copy the edited file to the Windows on your device.

UPDATES:

28/10:
As reported, the QVGA downsampling didn't work out as expected. I did some clean-up but I don't have the means to test it. So, the cab-file is updated, please report back the results!

24/8:
Landscape skin completed, I updated cab and zip file.

For all purist among you (like myself :p):
Although I tried to make this skin as similar to the Manila Dialer as possible, I noticed that at the Landscape-skin of the Dialer the backspace-button is way out of place.
Not only being a purist but an aesthetician as well, I took the liberty to adjust this defect.

Attachments

• rondol1_Manila_Calculator.zip
    490.9 KB · Views: 720
  • calculator_eng.txt
    498 bytes · Views: 837
  • rondol1_Manila_Calculator.cab
    566.5 KB · Views: 1,410
Last edited:

L.Sylvain

Feb 8, 2005
Great work ;) i just suggest (my opinion only) you to rework a little bit the symbol gfx (x /...), but hey, great job !! (i was not able to put so much color without altering functions)...

downloading and testing...

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
Great work ;) i just suggest (my opinion only) you to rework a little bit the symbol gfx (x /...), but hey, great job !! (i was not able to put so much color without altering functions)...

downloading and testing...

Thanks for your advice, I have to admit I wasn't patient enough to do a detailed job on the symbols, but I still have your example for a next version... :rolleyes:

L.Sylvain

Feb 8, 2005
i'm not so patient too, that's why i'd post 4 version before the final, feel free to use or inspire my gfx, they are free for everyone i just made them with paint (so the tool is free too :p )

waiting for landscape... take your time

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
i'm not so patient too, that's why i'd post 4 version before the final, feel free to use or inspire my gfx, they are free for everyone i just made them with paint (so the tool is free too :p )

waiting for landscape... take your time

Adjusted this portrait skin right away :p I am getting a bit frustrated though not being able to find a proper "1/x" character.... can somebody help me out with a ASCII code?

posceve

Jul 22, 2008
ITA translation

Hi, here the ITA translation

Attachments

• calculator_eng.txt
    502 bytes · Views: 166
Last edited: