Trouble Restoring Old Whatsapp chats(From my old smartphone to MOTO E)

Search This thread

AbhiDaKing

Jun 28, 2014
Nagpur
I recently bought MOTO E and reinstalled most of my previous smartphone apps easily, however i am somehow unable to restore my whatsapp chats completely.
I tried restoring from database, it works fine with chat history but media doesn't appear(Yes i copied media folder).

Also, any way to have whatsapp media stored on external sd card in MOTO E
my whatsapp folder is taking a lot of data:crying:, eating lot of internal memory

Small_town_boy

Sep 11, 2011
Bangalore
OnePlus 6
It's actually simple...go to settings>apps>WhatsApp - clear the data

Now paste the WhatsApp folder from ur old phone into internal memory of moto e(not SD card)

Launch WhatsApp, ur conversations will be restored.

PoseidonKing

Mar 18, 2015
Pune
codesadhu.com
I recently bought MOTO E and reinstalled most of my previous smartphone apps easily, however i am somehow unable to restore my whatsapp chats completely.
I tried restoring from database, it works fine with chat history but media doesn't appear(Yes i copied media folder).

Also, any way to have whatsapp media stored on external sd card in MOTO E
my whatsapp folder is taking a lot of data:crying:, eating lot of internal memory

First of all, congrats on your moto e!! Sorry to say but there is one solution to yoour problem... Moto e has a less internal storage but you always have an option.. Flash custom rom like CyanogenMod 12.1 which has lollipop 5.1.1 from here http://xdaforums.com/moto-e/orig-development/rom-unofficial-cyanogenmod-12-1-t3066007 If you dont know how to do this process then take a starter view from here http://xdaforums.com/moto-e/development After flashing CyanogenMod, go to Settings>Apps>click on the settings button at top right side and select prefferred install location>removable SD card.
Hit Thanks If I helped... :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: