[Q] E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

Search This thread
Mar 5, 2011
Guys help! I tried going from CM7 to Royal Glacier last night and after the phone booted into the lock screen everything locked up and I had to take the battery out to restart it. Now I don't get past the My Touch 4G splash screen. I can access clockwork v3.0.2.4 but a bunch of E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log and command errors pop up, when I try to install reinstall the rom it says install successfull followed by the same errors and same problem. When I try to format cache or system it gives me an error as well. Please help!! :(

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
Guys help! I tried going from CM7 to Royal Glacier last night and after the phone booted into the lock screen everything locked up and I had to take the battery out to restart it. Now I don't get past the My Touch 4G splash screen. I can access clockwork v3.0.2.4 but a bunch of E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log and command errors pop up, when I try to install reinstall the rom it says install successfull followed by the same errors and same problem. When I try to format cache or system it gives me an error as well. Please help!! :(

Do you have engineering boot loader installed? If yes, then you have a chance to recover from this. If not, then...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

erickdj

Aug 2, 2010
Do you have engineering boot loader installed? If yes, then you have a chance to recover from this. If not, then...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

exactly, if you got the engineering hboot the rumor is that there might be a fix, if not the your phone is done. however, since the phone has been out less than a year, you might convince HTC or T-mo to do a warranty exchange, try it, the worst thing they can say is "no".

Mar 5, 2011
Problem solved! I just put the PD15IMG on the root of my sd and booted the phone holding down volume and home. It recognized the update and installed. Now im back to unrooted stock.

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
Has anyone else noticed how often this has been happening lately? First the ROM won't boot, then the recovery image is corrupt. Without the engineering bootloader, there's almost nothing you can do. The ROM not booting is understandable for a number of reasons, but what causes the recovery to become corrupt?

everest.deth

Dec 22, 2010
Managua
Guys, anybody mind posting the PD15IMG on here please? :)

Also, can anybody tell me what drives this issue? I owned a MT4G and this issue never happened to me even though i was a crackflasher. Now a friend of mine bought one a couple of days ago, and he is getting this bunch of FCs and the same log errors on recovery.

Last edited:

Tsassin

Sep 11, 2011
San Diego
Man I had the same problem can't mount anything I can't restore a back Up nothing!

Having the same problem. Did you try to sending the image via flash_image system system?

Do you get the following error?

flash_image system system.img
Can't read device: "/dev/block/mmcblk0"
Error in reading mbr!

I wonder if there is a way to fix the MBR which would allow to format and then mount the partition?

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
The simplest solution is to return to the stock rom, do a permaroot & flash the clockworkmod recovery.
Download the official 2.2.1 rom, put it to the root of your sdcard, and try to update.
The original bootloader is 0.86.0000
You can download it here
Rename it to PD15IMG.zip before updating.

Then follow this post to gain permanent root access.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=858996

Now install Royal Glacier rom.....

If this replay helped, please hit the "Thanks" button.

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
Always remember, after rooting you should Check your eMMC

If the eMMC is good, try flashing otherwise report it to T-Mobile

SEMO4G is the "good" one & M4G2DE is the name of the "bad" one.

If this replay helped, please hit the "Thanks" button.

eddy14777

Oct 9, 2011
I am getting the same problems in CWM recovery and i have tried to "upgrade" using the PD15IMG.zip and the partition update fails when updating the bootloader.:(

Glacier pvt eng S-off
hboot-0.85.2007 (pd1510000)
Microp-0429
Radio-26.03.02.26_M
oct 11 2010,12:44:14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If it says "Failed-PU" then it was your eMMC....sorry bro your phone's dead. :(