Link2SD - getting two partitions working on your SD card

Search This thread
K

knoblly

I have been fighting with this for some time but finally figured it out.

To get Link2SD working I had to format my first partition as FAT (aka Fat16 - NOT Fat32!). The second (for Link2SD afaik) was Ext2. I tried Fat32 but couldn't get that working so stuck with Ext2 for partition 2. I'm using Windows on my main PC so used minitool partition wizard home edition to create the partitions. Minitool is brilliant freeware for Windows, for ages one had to boot linux to fiddle with other than Windoze partitions.

I hope this helps someone else - I was pulling my hair out!! Perhaps a sticky??

Last edited:
Reactions: aryanwicked

ryanpl

Jan 11, 2011
how large was your second partition? I'm using minitool and didn't see an option for fat 16

Last edited:
K

knoblly

how large was your second partition? I'm using minitool and didn't see an option for fat 16

I also used Minitool - what I did was Create my first FAT partition of 3 Gb, then my second FAT32 partition of 1Gb. 1Gb for Link2SD and 3Gb for data - I was thinking that's enough. *EDIT* Fat32 wasn't being mounted properly so I changed partition 2 to Ext2 and it's working fine now.

Minitool calls it FAT as opposed to FAT32. FAT = Fat16. HTH

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    K
    knoblly
    I have been fighting with this for some time but finally figured it out.

To get Link2SD working I had to format my first partition as FAT (aka Fat16 - NOT Fat32!). The second (for Link2SD afaik) was Ext2. I tried Fat32 but couldn't get that working so stuck with Ext2 for partition 2. I'm using Windows on my main PC so used minitool partition wizard home edition to create the partitions. Minitool is brilliant freeware for Windows, for ages one had to boot linux to fiddle with other than Windoze partitions.

I hope this helps someone else - I was pulling my hair out!! Perhaps a sticky??