note 10.1charging extremely slow

Search This thread

omnia1994

Apr 18, 2009
My note 10.1 is with something rom jb4.1.1
Fewdays ago, I found that my note 10.1 charging speed becomes extremely slow. For example, I wentbed with 50% left , and after 7 hours of sleeping, after I woke up, it was only 88%
This never happens in the past, and only start in this few days
Any help?:(
Sry for my badenglish

schnurrbidurr

Feb 7, 2012
Fewdays ago, I found that my note 10.1 charging speed becomes extremely slow. For example, I wentbed with 50% left , and after 7 hours of sleeping, after I woke up, it was only 88%
Sry for my badenglish

Are you using the original cable? I had the same problem with a 3m no-name cable I bought off ebay.

Reactions: yılmaz0638

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Try a different mains wall socket. This has worked for me in the past.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Try the usb connections are firmly connected

Also like a member suggested try a different power source and a non upa source is preffered

Check if you have not left any application or game running in the background

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
All of a sudden my note has become extremely slow to charge.
Tablet was off whilst charging and only managed 8% an hour. After 6 hours charging it was at 50%

What happened?

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
I have a feeling that the power saving mode on slows the charge down. That's the only setting I had changed recently.

Ill test tonight.

Shine 52

Apr 12, 2011
Charged overnight and battery charged less then 50%. Ive had it had on charger for hour and a half and has charged 7%. I think it was the update. Many problems for me since update, but this is the biggest one.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

faoronin

Apr 28, 2007
Charged overnight and battery charged less then 50%. Ive had it had on charger for hour and a half and has charged 7%. I think it was the update. Many problems for me since update, but this is the biggest one.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same issue for a bit. Someone said to try disconnecting and reconnecting the usb from the power block about 4 or 5 time relatively quickly and that fixed it for them... tried it and have not had an issue since even when connected to an extension. But also make sure its firmly in.

Oh.. and do this with the note plugged into the mini end :) of course

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
I have to say that I have been very happy with the crazyondigital wall charger that was bundled with my case. I used the OEM charger for the initial charge but began using the crazyondigital charger because it's more convenient due to the fact that it's longer. It also seems to charge more qiuckly. Perhaps slow charging with the OEM charger has something to do with the USB wall wart wiring design.

hygradeb

Jun 11, 2011
london
I seem to have the same type of problem I had mine on charge for 2 days now I done nothing different in the way I normaly charge, I tried both having ny note off over nite and with it on both with no luck, both time my note not fully charged.
This started on Friday gone,
If this dont charge soo. I will try factory reset since thats the other option bar getting a new charger

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

ckavvouras

Sep 12, 2012
Montreal
You sould try to use the device till it dies then try to charge it again see what happens, maybe wipe battery stats if you have cwm. Also try to get one of those battery stat monitoring apps and see if its registering proper voltage and heath

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

alexx910

Oct 31, 2010
Had the same problem yesterday. my note went out of energy and shut down. So, after a while I connected it with the cable to charge. And what happened? After a hole night I got only 50% -.- I was like wtf?? then I tried the galaxy s3 charger and there was a red cross on the battery icon. Then I tried the note charger, again nothing, and like the other poster said, after a few times in and out it worked again.

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011
another one here with slow charging, this is a big problem, its so slow it means it drains when you are using the tablet when its plugged in, you should be able to use it and charge at the same time. I could understand if it didnt charge much when I was using it but to not charge at all is a real fail.

Has anyone logged this issue to samsung?

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
Nothing has solved this problem for me.
Taking 8 hours to charge 79% is just beyond comprehension. Can't use it plugged in as it drains anyway. I want a update asap or I'm ditching this tab.

I don't know what caused this, it was fine a few weeks after the update and suddenly crippled.

Bulbous

Nov 10, 2012
Dubai
I don't know what caused this, it was fine a few weeks after the update and suddenly crippled.

So it's not the update then? If it was fine for a few weeks and then suddenly crippled JB is not the problem.
More likely an Application is NOT properly compliant with JB and is draining battery or hogging

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
So it's not the update then? If it was fine for a few weeks and then suddenly crippled JB is not the problem.
More likely an Application is NOT properly compliant with JB and is draining battery or hogging

Nothing shows up as running and hogging the battery. It doesn't drain fast once charged. It just charges slow.

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011
Nothing shows up as running and hogging the battery. It doesn't drain fast once charged. It just charges slow.

Indeed, it charges so slow it drops when you are using it plugged in, if anyone has registered their tab properly with samsung perhaps they could log a fault, I havent had chance to do this yet.

Also, has anyone tried switching back to stock to see if it resolves it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sry for my badenglish

Are you using the original cable? I had the same problem with a 3m no-name cable I bought off ebay.
    Took mine to Samsung and they said it's normal. They said an S3 take 4 hours and seeing this battery is 3 times the size, it takes 12.

I picked up my tablet and walked out. Stupid uninformed staff with no idea.

I'm selling it today and wait for something not Samsung.
    i have same problem here, i bought my note 10.1 GT N8000 2nd hand (2014) and it is already on JB. at first it slow charging almost 12 hour to fully charge. but after that its getting normal at about 4 -5 hour to fully charge.

in about 3 month ago it become ridiculously slow to charge, its take 3 days to fully charge and just can live 6 hour if i use to browse. i have samsung galaxy s 5 and have same problem too and i install " galaxy current charge " from playstore to check my current charge. it is different current if you try different wall socket, already try it. the apps show that on my galaxy s 5 says current 750mA at office, 450mA at computer, 1200mA at home. its faster to charge my galaxy s 5 at home. but on my galaxy note 10.1 says current -minus when i charge and use it so the battery will keep droping, and if im not use the note it say its randomly changing in 102 - 602mA, i think thats way its become slow to fully charge 7000mAH its 3 time capacity with half current. im charge use the original charger.
    note 7000mAH at 102mA will fully charge in 70 H, at 602mA will fully charge in 11.30 H if i not use it. i dont know yet what factor that makes my current not stable in my note (randomly beetwen 102 - 602mA).
    s 5 2800mAH at 1200mA will fully charge in 2.15H, at 750mA will fully charge in almost 4H, at 450mA will fully charge in 6.2H

i wonder if it self defense to prevent hot or something. i try to charge my note with my s 5 charger and it show red cross in battery indicator, i know it is because of Ampere of my s 5 charger is 0.7A. im not try different cable or different charger yet.

im not sure if i do factory reset or install ICS will solve the problem, and i plan to try different cable first.
    Problem with Connector/Cable....if not charger.
    My original cable did that problem too & now I'm using a micro USB to Samsung 30 Pin converter + Note 4 cable to charge.
    It takes only ~4 - 5 hours from 0% to 100%
    ....and if you buy 2nd hand N8000, it's better for you to replace the battery with a new one.